• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingedTiger

Who is this bird?

Rate this topic

On the Red Wings tv site, in the Red Wings Insider section, under History is a video called Highlights from the 1986-87 Season, the thumbnail picture is of a bird mascot in the stands. Maybe I'm forgetting something from my youth, but who is this bird? I can't get the video to load. Is it some kind of fan made costume? Or did the Wings have a mascot before Al?

Speaking of Al the Octopus does anyone think a full size costumed Al mascot would be cool?

On the Red Wings tv site, in the Red Wings Insider section, under History is a video called Highlights from the 1986-87 Season, the thumbnail picture is of a bird mascot in the stands. Maybe I'm forgetting something from my youth, but who is this bird? I can't get the video to load. Is it some kind of fan made costume? Or did the Wings have a mascot before Al?

Speaking of Al the Octopus does anyone think a full size costumed Al mascot would be cool?

During the playoff run that year a feathered friend made it into Joe and was making its way onto the ice to pick up some left over octopi and anything else it coud grab

they had a name for it but I can not remeber it I even think they printed t-shirts with him the bird on it are you sure it is not 1996/1997

Edited by DEVILSWATERBOY

I was only 4 or 5 years old, but I used to go to a ton of games in the 80s. And if I remember correctly, they used to have someone in a bird cosutme come out on the ice during intermission, spin around with sticks, and give the sticks to kids in the stands. I don't have any idea what it's name was.