• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Matt Millen fired!

Rate this topic

Well said.

...now they need to fire the entire staff, and cut every last player and have open tryouts! I am sure there are some guys somewhere who will come in for pennies on the dollar of what these Lions are making and play a lot better and with more heart!

...Hey Ford, first off, fire your ENTIRE staff, call Moehler (sp.) back and put this add in the paper:

Wanted: Football players who want to WIN. High School Diploma a must, some College a plus! Starting Salary $275,000 per season. Tons of room for Advancement! Our goal is to gain the respect of the rest of the NFL and win the Superbowl. So if you are a motivated indivdual who can throw a football, catch or kick a football, block a player or tackle and run fast, then give us a call! WE WANT YOU!! (734)555-LION. Or stop by our Allen Park Faciltiy. Do NOT call if you've had Previous NFL experience or ESPECIALLY IF YOU'VE PLAYED FOR US BEFORE! New Hires ONLY!!!

And Detroit Lion fans everywhere now rejoice.

And fans of all 29 other NFL teams now either say, "Well it's about time!" or "Aw crap they'll get good again!" :P

yeah, don't hold your breath

Not to throw cold water on this, for I too am dancing in the streets, but do we all remember how well the Lions did before Millen?

I've been an avid fan for over 4 decades, and every time something changes, everyone is elated because NOW we can finally reach that Superbowl, and then nothing happens, and we fire someone else, and the whole thing starts over.

I'm not sure which day was happier for me: The day they hired Millen or the day they fired him. I had such high hopes.

Do I still believe? Darn right I do! I believed in Eric Hipple. I still have Jeff Chadwick's 2nd year card on my desk :wub:

All the same, I hope Millen gets back into broadcasting. Or something. I don't wish him a bad future, as long as it's away from the Lions.

Not to throw cold water on this, for I too am dancing in the streets, but do we all remember how well the Lions did before Millen?

Yeah. They made the playoffs and s***. At least every other year. They were frustrating as hell to watch and horribly inconsistent, but they were still watchable.

I don't remember being too terrifically juiced about the Millen hiring. Not saying I saw this coming, but I wasn't exactly dancing in the streets and thinking things were gonna be so good now. They're still not gonna be good. It'll take two years at least to undo this mess. And I don't think Martin Mayhew's the man for the job, because of who he understudied with all this time. After the season, they need to do an actual search around the league for real personnel guys. Hiring from within and hiring from the broadcasting booth won't cut it.

As for Millen, I hope he goes back into broadcasting because he was good at it, and there can never be too many good broadcasters because there are definitely too many bad ones.

a lot of people say their is no guarntees that they will be good with this firing but how can they really get any worse? No NFL...NO NFL team is gonna let their franchise be this bad for such a long time under the same President and GM. Millen's 31-84 record will sadly stand the test of time. No one is gonna get that long of a tenture without results.

I think the worst things the Lions do now is actually WIN games this year. Tank the season. Lose all games if needed. Get a top 5 draft pick and hire a GM who knows how to build a team with this pick. Miami took Jake Long last year, Atlanta took Matt Ryan, Oakland took Run DMC. All those teams are much improved with those selections. Take a player to build this team around and hopefully we can see results in 3 years.

This is the NFL. Everyone wants to go to an NFL team, regardless of what team it is. It's only the rare instances where Eli Manning or a John Elway come along and refuse to play with their originally drafted team.

Blow this team up. Gut it out from the inside. Ford doesnt have to sell the team but at least hand over the keys to Bill Ford Jr.

a lot of people say their is no guarntees that they will be good with this firing but how can they really get any worse? No NFL...NO NFL team is gonna let their franchise be this bad for such a long time under the same President and GM. Millen's 31-84 record will sadly stand the test of time. No one is gonna get that long of a tenture without results.

I think the worst things the Lions do now is actually WIN games this year. Tank the season. Lose all games if needed. Get a top 5 draft pick and hire a GM who knows how to build a team with this pick. Miami took Jake Long last year, Atlanta took Matt Ryan, Oakland took Run DMC. All those teams are much improved with those selections. Take a player to build this team around and hopefully we can see results in 3 years.

This is the NFL. Everyone wants to go to an NFL team, regardless of what team it is. It's only the rare instances where Eli Manning or a John Elway come along and refuse to play with their originally drafted team.

Blow this team up. Gut it out from the inside. Ford doesnt have to sell the team but at least hand over the keys to Bill Ford Jr.

I think this is going to be a long process of rebuilding the team. It is a big mess. I would think 4-5 years, unless they literally dump almost the whole team, which you hinted at. I would love to see the team be blown up. Keep Calvin/Sims, and the rest can go. We could trade Roy for a first rounder, and probably more to some other team.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

I'm waiting for someone to take over the Bears from Virginia McCaskey. Sure, 2006 and all that, but until someone balls up to ACTUALLY SPEND MONEY TO GET s*** DONE like an OFFENSE THAT IS FIRST RATE, while keeping our Defence toward the top of the league, and let the $ come back in selling stuff....Chicago is toward the middle of the league in revenue, but it should be #2 or #1...All because McCaskey won't get people to promote the team....and not her dumbass greedy son.

It's days like this I wish George Stanley Halas were still around. He ...HHHHHHHHHAAAAAATTTEEEEDDDDD the Buttpackers and the rest of the league. Set out to prove it too (and did so).

I'm waiting for someone to take over the Bears from Virginia McCaskey. Sure, 2006 and all that, but until someone balls up to ACTUALLY SPEND MONEY TO GET s*** DONE like an OFFENSE THAT IS FIRST RATE, while keeping our Defence toward the top of the league, and let the $ come back in selling stuff....Chicago is toward the middle of the league in revenue, but it should be #2 or #1...All because McCaskey won't get people to promote the team....and not her dumbass greedy son.

It's days like this I wish George Stanley Halas were still around. He ...HHHHHHHHHAAAAAATTTEEEEDDDDD the Buttpackers and the rest of the league. Set out to prove it too (and did so).

You can have Matt Millen!!! :yowza:

Your not get any sympathy for me over your team. Lions fans would gladly take the history of the Bears for their team.

That's mature.