• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut129

Number 44?

Rate this topic

I attended tonights game vs. Montreal and noticed that Aaron Downey is now wearing #44 instead of the #20 he wore last season. Does anyone know the reason behind it?

Downey wore 47 previously with Montreal and Dallas, and wore 44 in Chicago. 44 was taken last season by Mark Hartigan. Sheldon Souray wore 44 during his time in Montreal. Jason Arnott wore it in Dallas. St. Louis seems to be the only time he did not wear 44 that was not directly caused by another teammate wearing the number; he only played 17 games for the Blues.

In other words, 44 appears to be his preferred number.

Downey wore 47 previously with Montreal and Dallas, and wore 44 in Chicago. 44 was taken last season by Mark Hartigan. Sheldon Souray wore 44 during his time in Montreal. Jason Arnott wore it in Dallas. St. Louis seems to be the only time he did not wear 44 that was not directly caused by another teammate wearing the number; he only played 17 games for the Blues.

In other words, 44 appears to be his preferred number.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.

Maybe someone told him that Lang wore that number before Downey was here. Once he learned that information he demanded a number change.

:lol:

A friend of mine who was at training camp said she talked to him, and Aaron said he preferred the number. I believe she said he wore it in juniors, but I might be mistaken. Anyway, 44 was available, so the Wings gave it to him.

In Aaron we trust! :thumbup:

Actually, we talked to him at training camp when he was signing autographs about it. He said he was "returning to his roots" with 44. He also told us that anyone who bought a #20 Downey jersey could contact him and he would buy it from them so they could get a #44.

Actually, we talked to him at training camp when he was signing autographs about it. He said he was "returning to his roots" with 44. He also told us that anyone who bought a #20 Downey jersey could contact him and he would buy it from them so they could get a #44.

Are you serious? That has to be one of the most amazing things that I have heard. Talk about knowing who pays his salary. It's that kind of attitude that I wish all of professional athletes showed! I'm glad he is a Wing!

And how might one go about that?? :scared:

Very stand up thing to say. How can you not like this guy's attitude on hockey/working/life?

I've never heard of such a warm hearted enforcer, I love Downey.

Yeah but to him buying 5 Jerseys back from fans is like me buying a pair of shoes!!

:ph34r:

I kid I kid!

Thats amazing! What a stand up guy!