• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Torless

Hockeystreams.com

Rate this topic

FYI I went to pay for one month to try it out - via Paypal where I was redirected. It specified it would automatically deduct future months from my account - which I do not like. Did anyone get around this? I just want to test it and if I like it, I would be happy to pay for more time...

FYI I went to pay for one month to try it out - via Paypal where I was redirected. It specified it would automatically deduct future months from my account - which I do not like. Did anyone get around this? I just want to test it and if I like it, I would be happy to pay for more time...

never saw this when i signed up on the 11th.. i did the 6 months package .. did you do monthly?

the trial period seems to be over on this site and im thinking about buying. can someone keep me posted on how this works if they have paid for it?

Basically, all you do is pay through your PayPal.

$10 for 1 month

$30 for 6 months

and the other amount I don't remember.

Couldn't be more pleased with HockeyStreams.com, suggest anyone who doesn't get FSN-Detroit or is most often by a computer and away from a TV during game telecasts to get Hockeystream.com membership. I have the Premium HD feed and its great quality and if the bandwidth is too high they'll usually dial it back for you to reduce buffering. And its still more than half the price of CenterIce.

Need a link? :D

http://www.hockeystreams.com/register/blomquik

Being on the west coast I find it incredibly expensive to get all my Wings action on the tube, and frankly - Center Ice online is way too expensive.

I dove head-first into Hockeystreams.com, signing up for a year subscription... and so far I can say without hesitation that it's worth the money. Basically it's $49.99 for a full year (not season), and they cover pretty much all that is broadcast with no blackout issues. Naturally the official season has not started yet, but they've been up for over a year I guess and they're improving things all the time. For instance - they have a neat chat feature so you can connect with other Wings fans during the game and badmouth the refs when they call Homer for interference. :ranting:

I've watched several live streams, and the quality is excellent... they stream in 548kbps and I have successfully hooked my laptop up to my HDTV - the quality isn't high definition of course, but it is surprisingly good through s-video or composite. The webmaster has suggested that they may offer higher bitrates to those who can handle it - so the quality will be even better in the near future.

I got word from the main webmaster "billy" that they might start streaming all the classic games as well... and if you want to go back to a specific game in the season they already have a good archive system going.

Check it out for yourselves - you can sign up for just a day if you want to check out the streams. They get all the Canadian channels as well as NHL Network, Center Ice, etc... so that's how they avoid some untimely blackout issues. It's a lot better presentation than SOPcast - but you should test it out first.

If you decide to go for any sort of subscription - apparently they have a referral program, and I wouldn't argue against you clicking on this link: Hockeystreams.com. Seriously I don't work for the site, just a huge fan of what they've put together and wanted to pass the word on.

http://www.motherpucker.ca/free-streaming-nhl-hockey/

try that one also, its not earth shattering but its ok

Couldn't be more pleased with HockeyStreams.com, suggest anyone who doesn't get FSN-Detroit or is most often by a computer and away from a TV during game telecasts to get Hockeystream.com membership. I have the Premium HD feed and its great quality and if the bandwidth is too high they'll usually dial it back for you to reduce buffering. And its still more than half the price of CenterIce.

Need a link? :D

http://www.hockeystreams.com/register/blomquik

Cool. It's not like I'm dead broke but depending on my money situation next season I might consider this route. Much cheaper than NHL Center Ice obviously, but with Center Ice at least I know what I'm going to get, and to watch 80+ games a season on a big TV for just $160 roughly is still a helluva deal in the grand scheme of things.

I don't have HD or anything on my TV, but I can live with my current picture quality. :P

Guest mindfly

Can you buy the one month thingy and watch in the playoffs or do you have to buy the playoffs package to watch playoff games?

Can you pay with creditcards or do you have to have paypal user etc?

Can you buy the one month thingy and watch in the playoffs or do you have to buy the playoffs package to watch playoff games?

Can you pay with creditcards or do you have to have paypal user etc?

This is letsgowings.com. Your best bet to get those answers would be hmmmm... I dunno... maybe hockeystreams.com?

Hey, I feel I have an obligation to raise my voice here. I work for NHL Gamecenter, and before anyone starts spewing venom at me, I do not have any control over the blackouts, so don't bother. Hockeystreams.net is 100% illegal, any site other than NHL.com and NHL Gamecenter that is charging subscriptions for online streaming of NHL games is doing so without the permission of the NHL and the TV broadcasters, and runs the risk of LOTS of legal problems if and when they are tracked down.

Hey, I feel I have an obligation to raise my voice here. I work for NHL Gamecenter, and before anyone starts spewing venom at me, I do not have any control over the blackouts, so don't bother. Hockeystreams.net is 100% illegal, any site other than NHL.com and NHL Gamecenter that is charging subscriptions for online streaming of NHL games is doing so without the permission of the NHL and the TV broadcasters, and runs the risk of LOTS of legal problems if and when they are tracked down.

I never would have guessed....

Exactly, and HockeyStreams.com is trying relentlessly to keep their unlawful actions hush-hush. I made a thread on their forum asking if it legal and if they have permission from the NHL to charge and stream NHL feeds... and the Admin (Billy) shut me down faster than you can say... "piracy". They banned me off their site.

Being the persistent azzhole that I am, I emailed and PM'd the Admin until he admitted that they are illegally and unethically stealing streams to profit from the gullible people [paraphrased].

I suggested they write their unlawful actions in their "Terms of Service", because he kept point out their TOS page to me... yet he wishes to keep the real facts hidden.

They prey on uneducated and gullible people, and it's sad! I would suggest staying as far away from this web site as possible, because if NHL can't [currently] penalize the site due to road blocks from international laws, the NHL legal team can go after and heavily fine the end user.

So you consider yourself to be uneducated and gullible?

How does using their service make people gullible? It's not like they're tricking you into paying for something you're not getting.

esteef

Gullible probably isn't the right phrase, maybe naive?