• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shoe

New Font?

Rate this topic

Is this not the perfect environment for a fan, new or old, to ask questions related to thier favorite hockey team? He asked a simple question and got more "You're an idiot, you must be new or know nothing about hockey, scoff" than helpful answers to his questions.

If it's SUCH a hassle to repeat yourself, then how about NOT SAYING ANYTHING AT ALL and letting someone else with more patience answer their questions in a normal manner. I thought that's what these forums are for, not ganging up on people who don't know as much.

Why are people trying to prove whose e-penis is bigger? There's no point.

I've watched the Wings my whole life and didn't figure out that their preseason jerseys were different until I went to the game on Wednesday (the first preseason Wings game I've ever been to.)

Does that make me any less of a fan? Does that mean I don't know anything about hockey?

No. It means I let a small detail get by. Stop getting on people for asking questions.

e-Penis......that's frickin' hilarious! :lol:

Below is your initial quote:

TBH, bolding the words "Red Wings fans" absolutely made it seem as if you were knocking others for not knowing this fact. The fact of the matter is its not a stretch if not only the fan is new but if they don't have access to preseason games or haven't been on LGW until after the last preseason. I don't get preseason Wings games in Green Bay, WI and I certainly didn't know they used a different font on their preseason jerseys until I started viewing this site.

If Shoe was offended, then I apologize.

I wasn't trying to imply anything by my statement. I still think it is fair to assume most Red Wings fans notice the difference.

I guess pre season is more important to some than others, never thought 2 pages of replies would come of this anyway thanks for the explanationS.

I'm going to file this one under I can't belive I never noticed it just like the little arrow beside the gas tank pic in cars who knew that told you what side the tank was on. Guess I'll need to rent more cars and watch more pre season hockey.

HAHA i just noticed this for the first time about 8 months ago when i had to fill up the gf's car and i forgot what side the tank was on, and she was like "just look at the little arrow by the gas tank display and i was all "wha..huh?"

she still bugs me about this grrr

Is this not the perfect environment for a fan, new or old, to ask questions related to thier favorite hockey team? He asked a simple question and got more "You're an idiot, you must be new or know nothing about hockey, scoff" than helpful answers to his questions.

If it's SUCH a hassle to repeat yourself, then how about NOT SAYING ANYTHING AT ALL and letting someone else with more patience answer their questions in a normal manner. I thought that's what these forums are for, not ganging up on people who don't know as much.

Why are people trying to prove whose e-penis is bigger? There's no point.

I've watched the Wings my whole life and didn't figure out that their preseason jerseys were different until I went to the game on Wednesday (the first preseason Wings game I've ever been to.)

Does that make me any less of a fan? Does that mean I don't know anything about hockey?

No. It means I let a small detail get by. Stop getting on people for asking questions.

What the f*** are you talking about? The e-penis is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, e-penis is not the preferred nomenclature. e-peen, please.

What the f*** are you talking about? The e-penis is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, e-penis is not the preferred nomenclature. e-peen, please.

lol

nn, i must say, you have impeccable movie allusions.

btw, you see the coen bros new one? if not, don't bother.

Stating "Every Year" and Matt replying with "This" is hardly belittling. Matt could very well have just been re-emphasizing that the Wings do this every year.

Yeah probably so. But let's keep things in perspective here.

I don't remember this from last year, and before that I wasn't a member.

To be honest, I looked at the pic, went into my Malts file, didn't find one of his back, went into my Val file, checked out his back and then came back to find that if one doesn't know that they use a different font in the preseason that one is not an avid fan.

Please consider that some of us don't get the games televised nor are we close enough to civilization to attend games, and may not know these things.

Aside from which, I'm a chick. If a guy has his back to me, I'm not checking out his font.

What are you checking out then, the left numeral or the right numeral?

Wait that is font related as well so I guess I am incorrect. :P

I guess pre season is more important to some than others, never thought 2 pages of replies would come of this anyway thanks for the explanationS.

I'm going to file this one under I can't belive I never noticed it just like the little arrow beside the gas tank pic in cars who knew that told you what side the tank was on. Guess I'll need to rent more cars and watch more pre season hockey.

I wouldn't sweat it that much, this is nothing like goalie threads or the Samuelsson/Lilja Daily Bashing Thread of the Week. Unfortuantely in all different sports forums, every now and then you comes across Mr. Know it All posts and if you don't know anything and everything about trivia of your favorite team, you are stupid and you shouldn't ask. And that's a shame to me when the holier than thou attitude because chases people off into corners where people might just stick to Water Cooler or Other Sports or Between Periods or whatever else, since I want all members here to particpate in general discussion more.

No doubt that it isn't always a happy cheery place in here, but you got to cut some people some slack sometimes if they don't know something. This thread and your question is a good example unfortunately. Don't feel bad or embarassed to ask the question, I often wandered the same thing when seeing pre-season highlight clips and such. If somebody gives you attitude when it isn't necessary, just give them the finger.

----------

Also, I have no idea what an e-penis is, but I think I might have nightmares about one trying to sleep tonight. :scared::D

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I wouldn't sweat it that much, this is nothing like goalie threads or the Samuelsson/Lilja Daily Bashing Thread of the Week. Unfortuantely in all different sports forums, every now and then you comes across Mr. Know it All posts and if you don't know anything and everything about trivia of your favorite team, you are stupid and you shouldn't ask. And that's a shame to me when the holier than thou attitude because chases people off into corners where people might just stick to Water Cooler or Other Sports or Between Periods or whatever else, since I want all members here to particpate in general discussion more.

No doubt that it isn't always a happy cheery place in here, but you got to cut some people some slack sometimes if they don't know something. This thread and your question is a good example unfortunately. Don't feel bad or embarassed to ask the question, I often wandered the same thing when seeing pre-season highlight clips and such. If somebody gives you attitude when it isn't necessary, just give them the finger.

----------

Also, I have no idea what an e-penis is, but I think I might have nightmares about one trying to sleep tonight. :scared::D

Daily bashing thread of the week?? Lol.

No, the Detroit Red Wings are not changing the nameplate lettering on their jerseys. This is something we seem to go through every year around this time.

During the regular season and playoffs, each player has a custom made arched nameplate on his back. Obviously, something of that nature requires considerable time and effort — something wasted on the dozens of guys who are only trying out in the preseason and won't actually make the team. So a simpler lettering process is put to use.

redwings.jpg

That's a sample of what they're using for the preseason. Everything will be back to normal once the regular season begins. Count on it

This is From icethetics....looks like we know who visits THis Message board........

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/

They're wearing hockey pants which look like overstuffed soaked diapers half the time. But whatever floats your boat...

Oh, my stomach hurts from laughing.

Ok, I can breathe now. That was funny.

EDIT due to alcohol-induced poor judgement. Apologies to any who were offended.

Oh, and Shoe- thanks for the tip on the arrow by the gas tank thing. I never noticed that either.

Edited by 55fan

Oh, my stomach hurts from laughing.

Ok, I can breathe now. I check out the helmets. Nothing is sexier than a guy with a rock-hard head.

Unless it's a guy in overstuffed shorts with stockings. Yeah, I check the legs too. Padding is sexy.

Oh, and Shoe- thanks for the tip on the arrow by the gas tank thing. I never noticed that either.

Oh no she ditn't!!!!

Speaking of fonts typefaces, does anybody know what the typeface is for the names during regular season? The typeface for the numbers? And finally the typeface for the Red Wings script?

I just asked a buddy of mine, who letters the actual player's jerseys. Answer: pre-season is full block font, regular season is a form of plain block just for the Red Wings. Numbers are in full block.