Photo
- - - - -

College Hockey Thread

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 Skiing - Puck

Skiing - Puck

But Dave's out. Who's gonna take his place?

• PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:22 PM

MSU is down at least one defenceman scince A.J. Sturges is in the hospital in fair condition as a result of a fight with some of the MSU football players. Also as many as four of his team mates may have been involed in the fight that occured at their house on Sunday morning. Do not be supprised to see some players get kicked off the team after all the dust has settled.

#22 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Skiing - Puck @ October 21, 2008 - 11:22AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MSU is down at least one defenceman scince A.J. Sturges is in the hospital in fair condition as a result of a fight with some of the MSU football players. Also as many as four of his team mates may have been involed in the fight that occured at their house on Sunday morning. Do not be supprised to see some players get kicked off the team after all the dust has settled.

Same thing happened to Kampher, U-M hockey player. I posted it in the football forum. Wish both hockey players the best.

#23 Packer487

Packer487

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Skiing - Puck @ October 21, 2008 - 12:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm guessing that dust ain't gonna settle until Sunday morning wink.gif

Pretty happy with the split up at NMU. They're a solid team (Definitely top 4 in the CCHA since Miami blows) and with the adversity we were facing, I'm pretty happy getting the split, even though game 2 got a little hairy there at the end.

Once the PP gets going, and it will, we're going to be juuuuust fine.

Thursday hockey this week! Niagara at Yost, then Saturday we're at BU. Hopefully they don't look past Niagara. They're off to a pretty bad start (lost to WMU, got blown out by St Lawrence, and tied BGSU) but they beat Clarkson and they return most of their good players from last year. Their goalie has stand-on-his-head potential (they tied BGSU 3-3 and got outshot 50-18). I'm not super-worried, since they got blown out by a team we handled, but they'd be wise to actually show up and not have their minds on the plane to Boston already.

I can't wait for that BU game. The Terriers are off to a great start. It should be a fun one. I think Comcast 900 is going to show it on tape delay, but I'm pretty sure the Comcast station out East will show it live (and they broadcast online as well) so we'll probably be able to watch it that way. I hope we go with Sauer out there and Hogan against Niagara if they're still bound and determined to split games.

Hogie made some huge stops Saturday at Northern, but he gave up a couple softies as well, and I think NMU hit at least 4 goal posts. He hasn't been overly impressive thusfar, though he's had periods where he's been incredible.

Random but cool: A guy from The Hockey News is interviewing me tomorrow about the Kampfer situation. Not sure if it's going in a story or if it's just for background, but I'm still excited.

Edited by Packer487, 21 October 2008 - 07:05 PM.

#24 Skiing - Puck

Skiing - Puck

• PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

I have heard rumblings around campus that two Coach Comley has suspended two players as a direct result of Sunday mornings antics. I have yet to hear who these two players are. I guess with all this cr@p going on, I would not be at all suprised to see MSU get swept this weekend by NMU.

#25 Packer487

Packer487

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Skiing - Puck @ October 21, 2008 - 07:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have heard rumblings around campus that two Coach Comley has suspended two players as a direct result of Sunday mornings antics. I have yet to hear who these two players are. I guess with all this cr@p going on, I would not be at all suprised to see MSU get swept this weekend by NMU.

And nothing from Coach D huh? Stunning...

Here's the article from The Hockey News about the Kampfer situation that I was quoted in:
http://www.thehockey...-sidelines.html

#26 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Packer487 @ October 25, 2008 - 12:04AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's the article from The Hockey News about the Kampfer situation that I was quoted in:

Yeah that is stunning sleeping.gif

Wow you are big time now!!! Before you know it you will have Spath's job laugh.gif

BTW I jumped on the fire Bob Daniels wagon!

#27 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (Packer487 @ October 25, 2008 - 02:04AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congratulations on successfully getting a major publication to use the word "bejesus" in a sentence laugh.gif
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#28 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (Skiing - Puck @ October 21, 2008 - 08:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I expected that as well. Nice to get that 2-0 shutout win tho.

I also was surprised that Michigan got their a$$ handed to them in the Boston U. game. I knew it was a tough game but definately thought it would be closer than 7-2.

#29 Packer487

Packer487

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (timothy1997 @ October 27, 2008 - 08:44AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I expected that as well. Nice to get that 2-0 shutout win tho.

I also was surprised that Michigan got their a$$ handed to them in the Boston U. game. I knew it was a tough game but definately thought it would be closer than 7-2.

Basically our second PK unit got man-handled. BU had 6 of their 7 goals on the PP (ok, it was 5 out of 7, but a 6th goal was scored right when a penalty ended, so we still were "short handed") and our two top penalty killers (Rust and Hagelin) were out there for one goal combined. Stuff like that's gonna happen when you're down 3 of your top 4 dmen, and the 4th has an identity crisis about if he's a forward or not. They'll be fine.

Congratulations on successfully getting a major publication to use the word "bejesus" in a sentence laugh.gif

Thanks! That was actually my favorite part of the article too. I like that he used that quote.

#30 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

Michigan actually beat the Buckeyes in something?! YEAHHHHH! (:

#31 robat

robat

PAVELTECHNO

• Bronze Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:56 PM

WMU absolutely worked MSU on Saturday night. It's a shame they had to lose. Although Lerg wasn't playing, it was still a great game.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Skiing - Puck

Skiing - Puck

• PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (robat @ November 3, 2008 - 01:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WMU absolutely worked MSU on Saturday night. It's a shame they had to lose. Although Lerg wasn't playing, it was still a great game.

I was suprised to see Comley start Palmisano, who is a freshman, in that enviroment. Nice to get the win and be done with Western for the year. I was unable to make it up for the game this year due to going to the football game at State and then having to put together a lesson plan for a class I had to teach on Sunday Morning.

#33 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

HEY NMU fans!

Anyone know why Matt Butcher has been out of the Wildcat's line up for so long? I've skated with him in years past, and been tryng to follow him since he left the BCHL but don't see Garth (his Dad) much anymore and all I really have is this link:

http://webb.nmu.edu/...ts.shtml?team=4

His numbers were not what we were hoping they'd be this year, considering he was 2nd in scoring in the BCHL. Wonder if its been a nagging injury or something.

Edited by T.Low, 24 January 2009 - 02:12 PM.

#34 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

I randomly sent an email to a sports writer named Kurt Mensching after reading an online article he wrote about NMU Wildcat Hockey, asking about Butcher's absence and he said he was going to talk to the Wildcats coach later and would ask him for me.
He just emailed back and said most likely out for the season with a hip injury. Ouch.

Thanks, Kurt, for taking the time to do that.

#35 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

Buckeyes unbeaten in their last 13....I for one am shocked.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#36 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown Red Wings @ January 24, 2009 - 03:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Carlson was playing his ass off last weekend. 49 saves plus stopping all the shootout attempts, along with a penalty shot save. I understand why Palmer doesn't play now.

#37 Packer487

Packer487

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:37 AM

So tell me how what Conboy/Tropp did to Kampfer tonight was any different than what Bertuzzi did to Steve Moore.

You stay classy, Sparty. Enjoy last place, pricks...

I hope to God that Kampfer is ok. I can't even imagine getting assaulted (and let's be realistic, that's what it was...I'm not necessarily saying "file criminal charges" because I'm really on the fence about how I feel about that sort of thing in general, but it was an assault that happened to take place on a hockey rink) and ending up in a neck brace twice in 3 months. At what point is enough enough? Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds based on the whole "taken to the hospital, strapped to a gurney" thing...

#38 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

I would expect both of them to get multiple game suspensions. Someone on the USCHO boards said Tropp got two game misconducts. Comley better take action, there's no place for that kind of behavior. I certainly hope the kid is OK.

Any word on the Michigan fan who went into the MSU locker room and tried to cause a ruckus?

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#39 LadyWildcat

LadyWildcat

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

Seeing Kampfer lying face down on the ice, not moving was one of the scariest things I've seen in a long time in a game. What Conboy and Tropp did was completely uncalled for and unnecessary.
"Faith is to believe what you do not yet see. The REWARD for this faith is to see what you believe."

#40 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown Red Wings @ January 24, 2009 - 03:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I jinxed them.

Is there any video online of the UM-MSU incident?

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users