81 replies to this topic

#41 LadyWildcat

LadyWildcat

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown Red Wings @ January 25, 2009 - 12:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any video online of the UM-MSU incident?

http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page

It's a little clearer if you watch the video in high quality.

You can actually hear our student section chanting "f*** You, State"... whoops.

Edited by LadyWildcat, 25 January 2009 - 01:41 PM.

"Faith is to believe what you do not yet see. The REWARD for this faith is to see what you believe."

#42 Packer487

Packer487

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (BlakChamber @ January 25, 2009 - 09:01AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would expect both of them to get multiple game suspensions. Someone on the USCHO boards said Tropp got two game misconducts. Comley better take action, there's no place for that kind of behavior. I certainly hope the kid is OK.

Any word on the Michigan fan who went into the MSU locker room and tried to cause a ruckus?

Rumors are that it was Kampfer's dad. If so, you'd like to see a better reaction, and depending on what actually happened he very well could have crossed the line (I don't have a problem if he just went in there and bitched the players out), but at the same time, I can't say I would have done anything different.

Tropp got 2 DQs, which is a three game suspension (1 for the first DQ, 2 for the second). Bare minimum, that needs to be doubled.

I really feel that based on his history of being a knucklehead, Conboy should be gone. Tropp should probably get the rest of the season. 10 games would be appropriate, but they've probably only got 12 games left anyway so you might as well send a message. "Suspended for the season" sounds a lot better than 10 games, even if it's not a whole lot more in terms of games.

I gotta run, so I don't have time to dig up the link, but there is a video or two on Youtube (not a great one in either case). The blog MVictors has a sequence of still photos that gets the point across.

#43 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (BlakChamber @ January 25, 2009 - 10:01AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would expect both of them to get multiple game suspensions. Someone on the USCHO boards said Tropp got two game misconducts. Comley better take action, there's no place for that kind of behavior. I certainly hope the kid is OK.

Any word on the Michigan fan who went into the MSU locker room and tried to cause a ruckus?

Multiple games? I would tell Conboy to pack his bags, and get lost. It's not the first time he's been a moron on the ice, and if he sticks around there will be more of idiotic stuff from him. I know the game of hockey can get real intense, especially in a game with rivals playing each other, but I don't know how someone can slash a guy who looks like he's dead.

#44 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Hey Packer, what does FYS stand for? F You State?

Edited by mannysBETTER3434, 25 January 2009 - 06:02 PM.

#45 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (mannysBETTER3434 @ January 25, 2009 - 05:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Packer, what does FYS stand for? F You State?

Yeah, if you watch the video, you can hear the student section chanting it quite loudly.

Ugh, what a frustrating season. Now this. Any updates on Kampfer?

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#46 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (BlakChamber @ January 25, 2009 - 07:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, if you watch the video, you can hear the student section chanting it quite loudly.

Ugh, what a frustrating season. Now this. Any updates on Kampfer?

There is suppose to be news after Monday's practice. What has happened to MSU? I know they pretty much everything from last year except Lerg, but I still thought Lerg could make them look better then the talent they had. I feel for Lerg...when I was at the GLI finals this year the goals U-M was scoring were ridiculous.

#47 grsbmd

grsbmd

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:51 PM

MGoBlog is reporting that Kampfer is out of the hospital.

I hope that doesn't change the way the CCHA/NCAA/Comley approach the disciplinary action
Stanley Cup to Detroit (e5)

#48 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (grsbmd @ January 25, 2009 - 11:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MGoBlog is reporting that Kampfer is out of the hospital.

I hope that doesn't change the way the CCHA/NCAA/Comley approach the disciplinary action

And plans to play this weekend. Thank God.

And Tropp/Conboy done for season. Good for Comley.

#49 Sergei Fedorov91

Sergei Fedorov91

Touchdown

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

Wow my buddy mentioned something about this and him not being a real big hockey fan I thought he was just exagerrating a scrum. Now that I seen the video WTF. Apparently Conboy is no longer at MSU, the other guy needs to be given kicked off the team. Man if I was the U of M's players dad I would probably be sitting in jail right now.

#50 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

Both Conboy and Tropp are no longer with MSU. Kampfer's father has been given a Criminal Trespass Warning (or whatever they call it in MI) that he's not allowed on campus. The Ann Arbor PD and UM public safety have stated they won't file charges. And Kampfer is supposed to play this weekend (last I had heard).

#51 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

Bill Martin pissing me off? That can't be rolleyes.gif I think it's a joke he can't go to Yost to watch his son play hockey. I'm not saying what he did was right, because it wasn't but I think most people if they were put into that situation would have done the same thing. It was a heat of the moment incident. I'm glad Conboy is gone for good. He's becoming a clone of his older brother. I would expect Tropp will be back next season because he had a clean slate before his slash.

Also Kudos to Comley for handling things right. People who say Comley sent his players out for blood need to get their head of their ass. Comley is a stand up guy.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434, 30 January 2009 - 03:00 PM.

#52 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

I saw an interview with Tropp where he said he was going to talk with MSU after the season and he was hoping to come back.

As far as Kampfer's dad, apparently he and Tropp actually had a physical altercation. Sorry, but it wasn't heat of the moment. He had to get out of his seat, find his way to the MSU lockerroom, and then make the decision to attack Tropp. It was certainly was more pre-mediated than the attack by Conboy and Tropp. I'd have to imagine that he'll be allowed back next year as well.

#53 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (BlakChamber @ January 30, 2009 - 04:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw an interview with Tropp where he said he was going to talk with MSU after the season and he was hoping to come back.

As far as Kampfer's dad, apparently he and Tropp actually had a physical altercation. Sorry, but it wasn't heat of the moment. He had to get out of his seat, find his way to the MSU lockerroom, and then make the decision to attack Tropp. It was certainly was more pre-mediated than the attack by Conboy and Tropp. I'd have to imagine that he'll be allowed back next year as well.

If Kampfer had gotten hurt from a legal hit, I'd agree his dad had no right to be that upset.

However, he was hurt in a very malicious way that has no part in the game of hockey, and if it was your son you saw that happening to, you'd want blood too. These are college adults too, not high school kids he confronted.

Not saying he shouldn't be reprimanded for it, but I can understand why he'd do it.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#54 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

I can understand why he did it too. If he ran down the aisle and hopped over the boards, I'd call that heat of the moment. He had every right to be upset. He just didn't handle it in the best way, and like Conboy and Tropp, he's paying the price as well.

#55 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

Ohio State and Michigan tonight at the Schott. Go Bucks!

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#56 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

Nobody stopped by to rub it in my face yet? What's wrong with you bastards?

Anyway, probably going tonight as well, just because there's no way we can play that pathetic again.

#57 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown Red Wings @ February 21, 2009 - 04:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nobody stopped by to rub it in my face yet? What's wrong with you bastards?

Anyway, probably going tonight as well, just because there's no way we can play that pathetic again.

Here you go: HAHAHA YOU SUCK! laugh.gif I'm not going to rub it in when I didn't watch it. I was going to watch it online, but you can't turn down those GR Griffins games with 1 dollar beer and hot dogs!

#58 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:53 PM

How much did you pay that ref last night HTRW? My word!!!!

#59 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (mannysBETTER3434 @ February 22, 2009 - 02:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much did you pay that ref last night HTRW? My word!!!!

Enough.

#60 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown Red Wings @ February 22, 2009 - 03:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Enough.

Haha good enough!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users