• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mannysBETTER3434

College Hockey Thread

Rate this topic

Anyone excited that college hockey is here again?!?!?!

My St. Cloud State Huskies take on Miami of Ohio this weekend.

I've always had a soft spot for St. Cloud State. Don't know why.

I think the Buckeyes overachieved a bit last year with a very young team. We ran into BU in the tourney though and it was lights out. We have only one senior this year, so it'll be interesting to see if we can build where we left off.

I've always had a soft spot for St. Cloud State. Don't know why.

I think the Buckeyes overachieved a bit last year with a very young team. We ran into BU in the tourney though and it was lights out. We have only one senior this year, so it'll be interesting to see if we can build where we left off.

OSU impressed me last year when I watched them. I think they will have another solid season despite their start. Thought Carlson was kind of an ass on the ice but he backed it up, and I think he's a good goalie.

Some big surprises right off the get go in the CCHA. OSU got swept by Quinnipic (sp??), U-M dropped one to Alaska, Ferris got shutout by Canicus, and ND lost to Alabama Huntsville.

I guess thats hockey though!

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

OSU impressed me last year when I watched them. I think they will have another solid season despite their start. Thought Carlson was kind of an ass on the ice but he backed it up, and I think he's a good goalie.

Some big surprises right off the get go in the CCHA. OSU got swept by Quinnipic (sp??), U-M dropped one to Alaska, Ferris got shutout by Canicus, and ND lost to Alabama Huntsville.

I guess thats hockey though!

Huntsville's probably pissed they didn't get into the CCHA, so they're going to take it out on all the teams therein.

Wow I can't get over how loaded the CCHA is this year. This weeks polls have six teams ranked in the top 15 (Miami, U-M, ND, Alaska, UNO, and MSU). Plus WMU and Ferris are starting to receive votes. Pretty impressive. If you take out BG there isn't many gimmes on anyone's schedule.

WCHA Standings-

Denver- 17

Colorado College- 15

Minnesota-Duluth- 13

North Dakota- 13

St. Cloud State- 13

Wisconsin- 13

Minnesota State- 11

Alaska-Anchorage- 9

Minnesota- 7

Michigan Tech- 5

Saturday night games (WCHA)-

Minnesota @ Minnesota State

Colorado College @ Denver

North Dakota @ Minnesota- Duluth

St. Cloud State @ Alaska-Anchorage

Michigan Tech @ Wisconsin

I'm waiting for U-M to turn the corner. Every time I think it's happening they fall apart. They are digging themselves in a deep hole.

It's the first time in 4 years I've enjoyed working for Ferris' hockey team. They are 11-3-2. Would be 13-3 if the two shootout wins over Miami counted as wins nationally.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434