• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingers17

Red Wings Collectors DVD

Rate this topic

Just got this today, watched the first game, great quality and widescreen. No introductions to the games, thay just start at the face off.

2008 Stanley Cup Finals

Disc 1

Games 1 & 2

Disc 2

Games 3 & 4

Disc 3

Game 5

Disc 4

Game 6

No extras as far as I can tell. Menus show games and period select. I guess I was expecting more.

Edited by Wingers17

I wish they would have left the games they lost out (especially game 5) and added maybe the clinching games to the other series'. I have absolutely no desire to sit through the games they lost again.

It has the championship DVD too, right?

Edited by Trapt1307

I wish they would have left the games they lost out (especially game 5) and added maybe the clinching games to the other series'. I have absolutely no desire to sit through the games they lost again.

It has the championship DVD too, right?

I am still going through the set, but it doesn't look like it, just has the games.

Well that's kind of a letdown.

I just checked all of the disks, yes, it only has the game, but on discs 3 & 4 it has seperate chapters for the celebration and overtime.

Edited by Wingers17

I don't. Especially Game 5. Even though the Red Wings ultimately lost that game it's right up there with one of the single-most riveting games I've ever watched. Period.

It was a fantastic game, despite the outcome.

Same, I don't understand why they would put the games in there that the Red Wings lost, unless they're trying to market the set to Pittsburgh fans too.

I have all the 2008 Stanley Cup victories taped, as well as the WFC wins, and clinching games in the first two rounds, so I'm good.

I have all the same wins from 2002.

I didn't go nuts with taping games from 1997 and 1998, I only have a few. I've been regretting it since.

Edited by Barrie

Same, I don't understand why they would put the games in there that the Red Wings lost, unless they're trying to market the set to Pittsburgh fans too.

I have all the 2008 Stanley Cup victories taped, as well as the WFC wins, and clinching games in the first two rounds, so I'm good.

I have all the same wins from 2002.

I didn't go nuts with taping games from 1997 and 1998, I only have a few. I've been regretting it since.

Yeah, either that or... because that's how the series actually happened and the fact that the losses just make the wins just that much sweeter. One of the two. :rolleyes:

Edited by Elshupacabra

I just checked all of the disks, yes, it only has the game, but on discs 3 & 4 it has seperate chapters for the celebration and overtime.

It looks like my TiVo just saved me $29.99 + shipping. :lol:

Thankfully, I can transfer the games to my PC and burn my own DVDs. :cool:

Thanks TiVo! [/cheesy TV commercial voice]

I don't. Especially Game 5. Even though the Red Wings ultimately lost that game it's right up there with one of the single-most riveting games I've ever watched. Period.

I'd like to watch it right up until after Rafalski scores. Because that was so amazing and I was so sure we were gonna win that I just went nuts. That loss kind of took the steam out of me for Game 6, even though I was still crying like a little ***** when we won.

I don't understand why people are putting up a stink over having the games they lost in this set. It was part of the series, even if the Wings didn't prevail, it doesn't mean the games aren't worth watching, especially game 5 which left me numb and I lost 2 nights of sleep over. :blush:

I picked it up today. It is straight up the full games from the Stanley Cup final, No frills or extras. They are in the wide screen format that they use on the HD broadcasts which is cool and are the VS/NBC broadcasts.

Bought these and I am disappointed. What a surprise :rolleyes:

They crammed 2 games a disc so they have horrible picture quality and the sound is only 2 channel

Also in sporatic spots the audio clips for a fraction of a second and the video is edited for time constrains between whistles.

More NHL garbage video.

Should have been 1 game per disc for a total of 7 discs since game 5 was really 2 games.

These really aren't any better than what I recorded off the air and in some ways worse.

Edited by Hocketownwest

I like that they put it on there... because i was there. yeah it sucks they lost, but it did make the win in game 6 that much better.

If you are going to put out a DVD have all the game on there and show just how tough it was to win the cup.

I cant wait to get it in the mail and watch it!

The posts here made me think, too, that in BOTH of the Red Wings' losses in that series there was some incredible hockey. I've already mentioned my thoughts on Game 5, but there was that 8-10 minute stretch in the third period of Game 3 that was endless, end-to-end action.

To me, removing the two games the Wings lost would be a detriment to enjoying the whole package that that series was.