• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Konnan511

Brunnstrom, don't look now

Rate this topic

Basically the Stars are having major cap troubles at the moment and Brunnstrom could find himself in a Bobby Ryan type of situation since he is waiver exempt.

Link

Neal also needs to play on a regular basis, and that would mean the Stars would have to scratch a player such as Fabian Brunnstrom, an older rookie at 23 who is trying to adapt to his first season of North American hockey after signing with the Stars as an unrestricted free agent in the summer.

"Both have proven that they can be NHL players. It's just how quick they can get acclimated and how quick you want to throw them in there," Stars coach Dave Tippett said.

Brunnstrom also can go the minors but said he prefers not to.

"No, I definitely do not want to go there," he said. "I want to stay here. It's my goal to play here, and I think I need to play here."

I still laugh out loud at the fact that they have a player who has no North American hockey experience and they gave him a fatty 2.25 million dollar contract and promised him ice time.

I agree. This kid must be kicking himself.

He must not have been too impressive. He didn't put put himself into a position to be "too good to not make the team."

Brunnstrom, unlike Leino, found himself towards the end of the pre-season on the low end of the ice time totem pole while he was still fighting for a spot on this team.

Leino, has looked like one of the best players on the Wings during the preseason and will make his way on to the team sooner or later.

Tippet hasn't said a whole lot of positive things about brunnstrom in the media while Babck raves about Leino.

As someone said, greatest bait and switch in NHL history lol?

No way! was it really you! I couldn't remember, oh that's too funny.

I still think they pulled off the biggest bait and switch of the year with the Brunnstrom thing. For all intents and purposes the wings were high on Fabian, other teams saw a Swede that Detroit was interested in and that had to perk a few ears.

Then with everyone looking at their right hand the left comes in and scoops up what could prove to be a great signing of Leino.

Holland is now a magician :ph34r:

LOL!!

Not only did Bruunstrom come with more hype and a big price-tag for someone unproven on the tighter ice, but it sounds like he may refuse to report to the AHL and develop. Granted they did promise him ice time which was a huge mistake, although probably the deal-breaker. But you contrast that to Leino, who had a pretty much lights out training camp and preseason, and still is willing to report to Grand Rapids knowing he is on the short list to be called up, says a lot about the character of the guy. Every interview with Leino seems like he is perfect for the Wings, adapting well and willing to work for a spot.

I dont know why Brunnstrom is so high on himself, if he takes the demotion he can show Dallas hes committed to the team and wants to be the best player he can, instead he pulls a Igor Grigorenko and probably will spend what could have been a good stint with dallas in some crappy euro league...

I orginally thought we would sign both.

All i can say right now is I am very happy with Leino.

I will say this right now for posterity.

Much like I forcasted Johan would surpass Homer.

Leino will prove a better player then Hudler.

Mind you I expect Hudler with the line his on to put up 60+pts. on the conservative end.

I think at some point we may have to decide whether to keep Hudler, Val, or Leino.

I think he might be the one to keep.

So far, I don't like the sound of Brunnstrom in terms of character. The guy takes his sweet time enjoying the wining and dining hes getting, and then eventually opts for what he thinks is the best of both worlds - A team that is a playoff contender AND a team that can give him top 6 ice time.

If what he really wanted was ice time to actually play hockey, then he would've signed with the Canucks and had a golden opportunity to be put on the top line with 2 of his fellow countrymen who have great chemistry.

And if he really had the competitive spirit of wanting to win, win, win, he would've chosen the Wings.

Looks like he wanted an easy road to padded stats and a playoff berth. Should've given more consideration to the Pens, Fabio.

And now hes not willing to take his lumps in the AHL.

I still laugh out loud at the fact that they have a player who has no North American hockey experience and they gave him a fatty 2.25 million dollar contract and promised him ice time.

To be fair to Dallas though, Detroit were prepared to offer him virtually the same deal...