• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cern

The Atlanta Falc- Thrashers' third jerseys unveiled!

Rate this topic

3rd worse jersey ever

2nd the Nashville mustard Jersey

1st, easily the kings 3rd jersey from the 90s

Don't forget about Bostons bright yellow shawl with the bear head on it. Definetaly the worst of all time in my book.

I really don't know whether I should speak my full mind about these, because I could probably write a full term paper on it.

Instead of a detailed report on precisely just how much bile is being produced in the back of my throat, I think the Angry Videogame Nerd sums it up best: What were they THINKING?!

Anything is better than their current light blue jersey with half of it striped on one arm and the other half plain.

This one could be a lot worse.

I really liked their navy blue jerseys they used to wear when teams wore dark jerseys on the road. Should have never put those into retirement.

Maybe he's thinking, "Hey Kenny, I'll play for free! Just get me out of this damn thing!"

Take out the numbers in the front and replace it with the old T shaped logo, and it'll look halfway decent. But I'd actually rather see that than the god-awful baby blue ones.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

this is what im talking about when i asked if the nhl had a marketing department. this is awful. they need to move the thrashers to canada. leave the heap of sh!t jersey in thrasherlaand.

Anything is better than their current light blue jersey with half of it striped on one arm and the other half plain.

This one could be a lot worse.

I really liked their navy blue jerseys they used to wear when teams wore dark jerseys on the road. Should have never put those into retirement.

i personally think that blue jersey is awesome

Guest mindfly

Hartford whalers from early 80's still the worst though :P hahaha

nhlloggaA_210_747206w.jpg

1. Hartford Whalers, 1979-85.

2. Edmonton Oilers, 1996-07.

3. Phoenix Coyotes, 1996-2003.

4. Vancouver Canucks, 1978-85.

5. Boston Bruins, 1976-95.

6. St. Louis Blues, 1995-98.

7. Dallas Stars, 2003-06

8. Nashville Predators, 2001-07.

9. Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, 1995-96.

10. Kansas City Scouts, 1974-76.

Edited by mindfly

i personally think that blue jersey is awesome

I definitely don't mind the light-blue of their current color jersey, I got a few casual and dress shirts that are blue that I think look good on me. I just don't like the really contrasting designs on the arms/sleeves. Just do one or the other. I'm just a simple-minded guy when it comes to clothes, I usually just like solid colors/1-color, probably the main reason why I don't like their light blues now.

You're probably not gonna be happy with the Winter Classic, then :X

That doesn't count as a third jersey, it's a retro jersey for a special occasion. Entirely different IMO. What we don't need is some silly quasi-retro look or a black jersey just to be like the cool kids or some "different take" on the look just to gin up interest in Tuesday night games in the dead of January.

I really don't know whether I should speak my full mind about these, because I could probably write a full term paper on it.

Instead of a detailed report on precisely just how much bile is being produced in the back of my throat, I think the Angry Videogame Nerd sums it up best: What were they THINKING?!

It is terrible, but IMO slightly less terrible than their old jersey.

Edited by union drone

Don't forget about Bostons bright yellow shawl with the bear head on it. Definetaly the worst of all time in my book.

although they failed compared to their reg jerseys, i don't think they were that bad. There was an old coyote's third jersey that i remember didn't even look minor league it was more youth hockey

IMO, it's still not as bad as some of the vintage Caunks stuff or the Islander's infamous 'fishsticks' third jerseys, but they're still very much 'what were they thinking?'

So the numbers are front and back sides? Does a team really want to make it any easier for a referee to correctly identify players for penalty calls, when a certain number of peanlties are probably not called right now because the ref was not confident they'd be whistling the right player?

That doesn't count as a third jersey, it's a retro jersey for a special occasion. Entirely different IMO. What we don't need is some silly quasi-retro look or a black jersey just to be like the cool kids or some "different take" on the look just to gin up interest in Tuesday night games in the dead of January.

Aaah I see what you're getting at. I concur with that, then.

I don't mind the critiquing, if you can design one better and post it here

The beautifully frustrating thing is, I don't even need to design one from scratch. If they simply went back to this remodeled for the EDGE cut and maybe some variation on the sleeve striping it'd be a million times better than the basketball-meets-hulkmania look they were apparently going for.