• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

IUWingsFan

10/9 GDT: Maple Leafs 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Prediction: Every single one of our players gets injured because we don't have an enforcer. In the postgame conference, Wilson explains that his players never would have taken liberties with our players if we had had an enforcer, because, like all other players on all teams besides the Red Wings, they are all absolutely terrified of enforcers and break out into a cold sweat whenever they see one. However, the lack of enforcers playing for Detroit made the Leafs all bold and intent on causing injury.

No, actually I think the Wings will take this one home... without injuries.

Edited by Crymson

On the one hand I am absolutely stoked to see the Wings back in action - always a pleasure, never a chore.

On the other, I am so so sad the the 2007-2008 Stanley Cup winning season is officially over :( Seeing the big red machine in action was a sight to behold.

Leaf lines...

Blake - Antropov - Ponikarovsky

Hagman - Grabovski - Tlusty

Steen - Moore - Kulemin

Mitchell - Stajan - Mayers

Kaberle - Schenn

Kubina - Colaiacovo

Frogren - Van Ryn

Scratched:

Hollweg (Suspended)

Stralman

White

Toskala

Joseph

By the way, somebody pulled the fire alarm at the Leafs hotel at 4:15 this morning.

Edited by MacK_Attack

When that new banner is raised tonight, let every Wings fan remember all the trash that was talked about us. Remember the naysayers. Remember the slights towards Hank & Pavs. Tonight is for all of us.

Over the summer and throughout training camp, I really love the attitude coming out of the front office, and Babs. They know this team is likely better than last year's and rightfully so! I like the attitude that there can't be any letdown this season. With unrestricted free agency playing a larger role next year on this team, the time is now to win Cup #12. No excuses. Come prepared and ready to play hard every night. Hossa is desperate. The team knows why he signed here. 1 year. Make or break. I'm very, very optimistic. And very, very PROUD of our boys.

The Maple Laughs are a joke. Their fans even moreso, and annoying as hell. They don't deserve a winning team [even if management really cared about giving them one]. Hell, the fans are still waiting on Sundin's decision! :unsure:

Wings 3, Leafs 0.

The Maple Laughs are a joke. Their fans even moreso, and annoying as hell. They don't deserve a winning team [even if management really cared about giving them one]. Hell, the fans are still waiting on Sundin's decision! :unsure:

Nope, they're not. The fans and the team have moved on.

Leaf lines...

Blake - Antropov - Ponikarovsky

Hagman - Grabovski - Tlusty

Steen - Moore - Kulemin (Gametime decision)

Mitchell - Stajan - Mayers

Kaberle - Schenn

Kubina - Colaiacovo

Frogren - Van Ryan/Stralman (6th defenceman not determined yet)

Scratched:

Hollweg (Suspended)

White

Toskala

Joseph

By the way, somebody pulled the fire alarm at the Leafs hotel at 4:15 this morning.

I can see the headlline now....."Jeff Already Gives Leafs Fans the Finger, Projected Out for about a Week with Foot Injury" :P

Guest mindfly

Damn no real hockeyexperience for me, i'll have to end up watching a bad stream on justin/mongulus :(

*Dreaming of HD broadcast in sweden on my 47" lcd full-hd tv :(*

seems like just yesterday the wings were lifting the cup now they are raising the banner, I hate how time flys sometimes...

Edit..Prediction

Detroit 5 (Z, Z, Hossa, Hudler, Dats (short handed on a botched clear by the leafs goalie)) Leafs 1

Edited by Shaman464

Damn no real hockeyexperience for me, i'll have to end up watching a bad stream on justin/mongulus :(

*Dreaming of HD broadcast in sweden on my 47" lcd full-hd tv :(*

Yeah,lets "enjoy" watching the Bruins @ Avs after our game instead...

Edited by FinRedWing

I have a HUGE dilema. Tonight is a date auction where I'm suppose to be auctioned off to around 300 sorority girls...do I do that and help raise money for charity and get a date with a smoking hottie...or watch the first game of the Wing's season? I'm leaning towards the Wing's game actually haha.

Watching the Wings raise the banner is better than sex so this is no contest.

Guest mindfly
Yeah,lets "enjoy" watching the Bruins @ Avs after our game instead...

I don't even have Canal+ nor NASN... it's sad :(

I have a HUGE dilema. Tonight is a date auction where I'm suppose to be auctioned off to around 300 sorority girls...do I do that and help raise money for charity and get a date with a smoking hottie...or watch the first game of the Wing's season? I'm leaning towards the Wing's game actually haha.

Go to the charity and take your date back to your house to watch the Wings game.