• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Eclectablog

Very cool panoramic shot from the Joe on opening night

Rate this topic

Was anyone at the game last night? It's hard to tell from watching on TV, but from my impression, I don't remember (in recent years anyway) there ever being that many fans from the opposing team at the game. Seemed to me like there were tons of Leaf fans there.

Was anyone at the game last night? It's hard to tell from watching on TV, but from my impression, I don't remember (in recent years anyway) there ever being that many fans from the opposing team at the game. Seemed to me like there were tons of Leaf fans there.

I was at the game. We were surrounded by Leaf fans. TONS of them in the non zamboni end and corners. All in all they were fun. They now that they are not going to win many games so they were all hyped at winning. 6 guys behind us were from Toronto. Lots of them!! I was at a few of the final games last season and there were just as many Pens fans there. I guess if they want to come to the games, we let them. I thanked them for spending their money in the fine city of Detroit.

There was lots of excitement though. Canadian fans fighting with each other over who was really Canadian. Girls fighting over spilled beer. We were definitely in the CRAZY section!!

It was a fun game though even though we lost. The ceremony was very cool. I got some good pictures from my nose bleed seats!!

GO WINGS!!

Awesome! Thanks for the link!

Yep, last night reminded me of game 1 vs the Penguins. The corners were FULL of leafs fans near the top. I bet there were 3,000 or so leafs fans in total. But what can you do? They have the same chance to buy the tickets as we do and Toronto is nearby. Game 5 vs the penguins didn't have nearly as many pens fans as game 1.

There were a lot of Leafs fans near me too.

I was also one section over from the very large female Wings fan who got beer spilled on her by a very small blonde Leafs fan that rdwngnut mentioned. I've never heard so many F-Bombs in a 20 second period. And loud for that matter. After the game that very same little Leafs fan tried to step over some chairs and got her leg caught in one. It took 3 or 4 other Leaf fans to finally get her out. It was like a joke that starts "How many Leafs fans does it take to get another one out of a chair?"

There was something in the air last night because people were ready to fight and others were falling all over the stairs. Thank god hockey is finally back!

There were a lot of Leafs fans near me too.

I was also one section over from the very large female Wings fan who got beer spilled on her by a very small blonde Leafs fan that rdwngnut mentioned. I've never heard so many F-Bombs in a 20 second period. And loud for that matter. After the game that very same little Leafs fan tried to step over some chairs and got her leg caught in one. It took 3 or 4 other Leaf fans to finally get her out. It was like a joke that starts "How many Leafs fans does it take to get another one out of a chair?"

There was something in the air last night because people were ready to fight and others were falling all over the stairs. Thank god hockey is finally back!

Too funny, you must have been close to me. I am 203A Row 19. The little blonde was in front of us and large girl was 2 rows down. My boyfriend tried helping little blonde out of the chair but couldn't and said forget it. Yes there was a fighting buzz in the air for sure. I thought we were going to see 2 fights, girls fighting and the group behind and in front of me. It was NUTS!!

Lol, we were in about the same section as you folks, 202B Saw the beer ruckus, watched a leaf fan fall on his ass on the stairs right next to us, and had a couple of weiner leafs fans in front of us that I had to remind that its been 3 years since they have even been to the playoffs while we just raised the Stanley Cup Champs banner.. again...

Wings looked sloppy, oh well, one game that was preceded by trophies and banners. Now we can get back to winning.

Lol, we were in about the same section as you folks, 202B Saw the beer ruckus, watched a leaf fan fall on his ass on the stairs right next to us, and had a couple of weiner leafs fans in front of us that I had to remind that its been 3 years since they have even been to the playoffs while we just raised the Stanley Cup Champs banner.. again...

Wings looked sloppy, oh well, one game that was preceded by trophies and banners. Now we can get back to winning.

Dude I saw that leaf fan fall also!!! It was funny... also found myself in the picture, thanks!

anyway of saving this pic somehow?

You can save a print screen for sure, dunno about getting the flash.

just press print screen and paste into a graphics program (ie ms paint) and save. Do it full screen.

Guest LivingtheDream

Thanks for the link! For us out of towners, it was almost like being in the Joe again. Really cool!