• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nosyt612

Is anybody else in Canada having trouble?

Rate this topic

I have the centre ice package and am trying to find the game tonight on my guide and can't seem to do so. I was wondering if because it's also being picked up by the cbc, but not being shown in my area on cbc (Victoria BC) if it's the reason it's not on my centre ice channels.

Yeah, it's a regional game on CBC so Center Ice in Canada won't pick it up. Certain cable/satellite packages include CBC channels from other regions so if you get them (this week will obviously be on the Ottawa affiliate), it'll be on there.

Edited by hankzet40

Yeah, it's a regional game on CBC so Center Ice in Canada won't pick it up. Certain cable/satellite packages include CBC channels from other regions so if you get them (this week will obviously be on the Ottawa affiliate), it'll be on there.

Thanks for the tip, just found the that i do indeed have the Ottawa affiliate on my listings.

You mean the Wings won't be on our CBC out here tonite? s***e, I scheduled my whole day around it and didn't bother to get Center Ice Online yet because its on CBC.

Incidently, I can't seem to join the Canucks forum. I wonder if its because I'm so of the border? Or do you think they know I'm not really a Canucks fan?

If any of you are having trouble finding the game, you should be able to stream it for free on NHL.com using their new Game Center thing. The free trial weekend runs from October 10th-12th, so it should be availble there tonight.

If any of you are having trouble finding the game, you should be able to stream it for free on NHL.com using their new Game Center thing. The free trial weekend runs from October 10th-12th, so it should be available there tonight.

Nope, I tried that and almost half of tonight's games weren't avaliable, particularly fustrating given that CBC usually covers two Eastern games at once but only shows one depending on your region. So while only the Toronto-Montreal game was being broadcast where I was, both that and the Ottawa-Wings game were blocked from Gamecenter. But hey, you can watch up to four Southeast/various sunshine teams play instead, oh boy!

Good thing they did this free weekend thing, now I know just to use myp2p again this year and save my money. And for the record, if you're like me and constantly pissed off that HNIC is covering yet another Leafs blowout instead of that exciting-sounding Sens or Habs game, they have live streams on cbcsports.ca. It was the only way I was able to watch tonight's Wings game.