• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pinkprincess027

Kings claim Quincey

Rate this topic

teams are smart, they knew the wings hand in this situation and they now can grab him for nothing.. no sense in giving someone up.

good point. :thumbup:

I don't know, but this reminds me alot of what happened to Matt Ellis last year! We released him and the LA Kings picked him up! I expect someone like LA or even Pittsburgh, and possibly St Louis only if Jackman is going to be out for a long period of time! As for the worst move ever, not too sure about that, but I do understand why people woul be upset for keeping Chelli!! Best of Luck to Kyle!! I personally didn't see him getting called up anytime soon, he was too far down the food chain here!!

There you go! Spot on. Chelios is washed up and this sucks. We will see soon enough that Chelios is history.

I liked Quincy. In the 2007 playoffs I thought he was solid. Does that mean stellar? Different. He was dependable and played smart. Unlike many of our D (Lebda, Lilja, Chelios and even Kronvall sometimes) he DID NOT f*** up and lose a game. I think it spoke volumes about his potential to be a solid D. Not screwing up on D is, in my opinion, something important in the playoffs.

that's a very valid point. I've also been a big fan of Quincey in 2007 playoffs for the very same

reasons.

as for Chelli... I dunno, man... sure he's not as flashy anymore but he's also a lot of experience

and huge educational value so to say. we can't measure this nor even observe but I'm pretty

sure this has big importance on our team development. and with Red Wings having defense-first

mindset this extra knowledge and experience may be super valuable.

IMHO, the thing about keeping Chelli is that he's still OK on the ice and has plenty to give other

than just his play in actual games. might be that Holland decided this is more important to the

Wings now than keeping a fine prospect. and he had to axe someone

that's a very valid point. I've also been a big fan of Quincey in 2007 playoffs for the very same

reasons.

as for Chelli... I dunno, man... sure he's not as flashy anymore but he's also a lot of experience

and huge educational value so to say. we can't measure this nor even observe but I'm pretty

sure this has big importance on our team development. and with Red Wings having defense-first

mindset this extra knowledge and experience may be super valuable.

IMHO, the thing about keeping Chelli is that he's still OK on the ice and has plenty to give other

than just his play in actual games. might be that Holland decided this is more important to the

Wings now than keeping a fine prospect. and he had to axe someone

If you want to keep Chelios for educational value, hire him as a coach!. There is no reason for him to take a spot that forces this franchise to lose a solid young defenseman for nothing.

If you want to keep Chelios for educational value, hire him as a coach!. There is no reason for him to take a spot that forces this franchise to lose a solid young defenseman for nothing.

Let's think this through people. Say we don't re-sign Cheli. Then we keep Quincy. He's our #7 or #8 with Meech. How much playing time does he get? And next year Ericsson makes the team. Then what?

If both Meech and Ericsson are better than Quincy why would we keep him? To ride the pine?

We've got too many good young D-men regardless of the Cheli situation. Kenny knew that there wasn't room enough for them all and let lesser one go.

And before you say it - no none of the 3 are better than Ledba or Lilja at this point in their careers. Granted they are young and improving but right now, no.

There is a good chance he go trough! at least i hope!

this move make me think about the guy (don t want to say a specific name but you should know who was it) who said all summer long, in every way possible, and in just every thread that it would automaticallly be Lilja, which would be moved.... every others opinions were wrong... well not so wrong :rolleyes:

Let's think this through people. Say we don't re-sign Cheli. Then we keep Quincy. He's our #7 or #8 with Meech. How much playing time does he get? And next year Ericsson makes the team. Then what?

If both Meech and Ericsson are better than Quincy why would we keep him? To ride the pine?

We've got too many good young D-men regardless of the Cheli situation. Kenny knew that there wasn't room enough for them all and let lesser one go.

And before you say it - no none of the 3 are better than Ledba or Lilja at this point in their careers. Granted they are young and improving but right now, no.

If he isn't good enough to make the team I have no problem with trading him. The Wings had no choice but to try to move him because of a logjam created by the signing of Chelios. The problem that I have is that we are going to lose him and get nothing back in return. All because Chelios had to be re-signed to be a #8 defenseman.

Edited by LIDDYGIBBY5

What time does he clear waivers?

Noon Monday, or at least that is what they said last night on HNIC.

I'm surprised that Holland couldn't make a deal. I mean, there has to be a team ::cough toronto cough:: that is behind Tampa in the waiver claim line that is interested in Quincey.

I mean, look at how bad Tampa's d corp is. You could make a legit argument that Quincey would be on the second pairing.

It just puzzles me. I'm not second guessing Holland, I'm sure he tried to make a deal, but something is better than nothing right?

I guess if we all knew the ins and outs of how these things really work, it might make more sense to us.

Butfor now, even a 7th round pick sounds good. I mean, isn't that where the Wings get all the future stars anyhow?

Why does everyone think Quincey is that great? I mean, he was solid in limited playing time in the like, one round of playoffs two years ago, but in the preseason and anywhere else he's looked lost out there. I honestly think that he's going to be a bottom pairing guy in the nhl at best. Maybe if he had a better training camp he would have made it as the 8th defenseman on our team or gotten at least some trade value.

how does this work... if he clears, does Quincy's cap hit come off our books?? can he be assigned to GR?

No, Quincey's cap hit will still remain the same because he's on a two- way contract. <_<

That makes no sense. If he's not on the roster then there is no cap hit, and if a guy is on a 2-way contract, he makes less in the AHL than he does in the NHL.

If Quincey clears waivers, he can be assigned to Grand Rapids and his salary does not count against the cap. Same exact situation as Downey.

that's a good point. which leads us to a conclusion that Wings staff apparently believes Chelios has more

to give than Quincey. it's tough to believe because the guy is almost as old as Moses. but on the other hand

he played almost 70 games last season and then some in playoffs - and he hasn't been the worst guy out

there. Holland may as well be right here.

Look, I liked Quincey in the playoffs a couple years ago too. I'm sorry he didn't make it. But Quincey had every opportunity to make this team ... he didn't go into training camp as the one we were looking to move, he came out of training camp as the guy on the outside looking in. I think it's safe to say that Holland and Babcock feel pretty certain that he isn't going to find a home in Detroit, especially with so many other D-men waiting in GR. Wish him well and off he goes ...

As much as i have an opinion on the subject and id love to see Quincy around. I trust Holland, look at what the guy has done. He thought about it inside and out. I know that he made the best decision for the team and the teams future. We got Erickson coming up next year, if we didn't maybe he would have tried a little harder to make Quincy fit. Think about it, theres no room for Quincy next year anyways.

As much as i have an opinion on the subject and id love to see Quincy around. I trust Holland, look at what the guy has done. He thought about it inside and out. I know that he made the best decision for the team and the teams future. We got Erickson coming up next year, if we didn't maybe he would have tried a little harder to make Quincy fit. Think about it, theres no room for Quincy next year anyways.

The Wings assumedly will try to make a roster of 13-8-2 fit for next season, as they tried for this season.

Chelios is probably gone after this year. Ericsson is up after this season. Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, and Stuart are all on the roster. So this leaves three open spots. Lilja, Lebda, and Meech are currently in those spots. IMHO, Meech is a better defenseman right now, today, than Lebda. If forced to choose between Lebda and Quincey I would choose Quincey. I will again say what I have said all offseason since the Stuart signing...the defenseman who should be departing should be one of Lilja or Lebda. This does not mean that it will be, but that is who it logically should be.

that's a good point. which leads us to a conclusion that Wings staff apparently believes Chelios has more

to give than Quincey. it's tough to believe because the guy is almost as old as Moses. but on the other hand

he played almost 70 games last season and then some in playoffs - and he hasn't been the worst guy out

there. Holland may as well be right here.

I think that it means that the front office is loyal to a fault. Don't get me wrong, I love that loyalty is so prevalent in this franchise, but there comes a time when it hurts the team. In this situation, it cost draft picks. We all know what these scouts can do with mid to late round picks.

I think that it means that the front office is loyal to a fault. Don't get me wrong, I love that loyalty is so prevalent in this franchise, but there comes a time when it hurts the team. In this situation, it cost draft picks. We all know what these scouts can do with mid to late round picks.

If we would have gotten rid of Chelios how would Detroit have gotten draft picks?

If anything Chelios would have probably been waived as well.