• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pinkprincess027

Kings claim Quincey

Rate this topic

sucks to be kyle quincy right now...la might as well be hell.

Hardly. He didn't have a spot in Detroit, and with Jack Johnson going down to injury in Los Angeles, Quincey just punched his ticket for playing time. I'd imagine he's celebrating as we speak.

With Chelios on the long term injury list he is neither taking a roster spot nor counting again the cap. So I don't see how having Chelios under contract had any affect on this decision.

While I can't find any proof, I think you are wrong on all accounts here.

Cheli isn't listed on IR on TSN, so if he truely isn't on IR, than he is taking a roster spot. This would mean his salary would also count against the cap.

If in fact Cheli is on the IR and TSN is wrong, he wouldn't be taking up short-term roster nor cap space.

However, he would need to be reactivated at some point in the season. When that time would come, Detroit would be faced with the same decision because Cheli can't be sent down unless he agrees to do so.

sucks to be kyle quincy right now...la might as well be hell.

There are worse things in hockey than playing for a bad team. I have no idea whether the Kings organization is any good or not - never heard anything bad about it - and he should be able to get regular ice time now.

Cheli isn't listed on IR on TSN, so if he truely isn't on IR, than he is taking a roster spot. This would mean his salary would also count against the cap.

If in fact Cheli is on the IR and TSN is wrong, he wouldn't be taking up short-term roster nor cap space.

However, he would need to be reactivated at some point in the season. When that time would come, Detroit would be faced with the same decision because Cheli can't be sent down unless he agrees to do so.

Of course Chelios is on LTI. Why wouldn't he be? He has a broken leg and will be out more that 21 days.

Holland said Chelios will start the season on long-term injured reserve (minimum 21 days) and will have another CT scan in three weeks to evaluate his progress.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...ut_six_wee.html

That's what I said.

But Chelios isn't coming back now, so Chelios signing didn't really have anything to with Kyle Quincey being waived NOW.