• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rossco

Road Trip

Rate this topic

Guys, I've been lucky enough to make a number of trips over from Scotland to watch the Wings in the last few years, culminating earlier this year when I decided 3 days before Game 4 that I was gonna come over and catch the finals and luckily I got to Games 4 , 5 & 6 :champs:

When I heard the Winter Classic announcement I kinda knew that would be a focal point for this seasons trip so I've lined up the following;

Dec 26th Wings @ Predators

Dec 27th Sharks @ Blues

Dec 28th Bruins @ Thrashers

Dec 29th Sarnia Sting @ Plymouth Whalers OHL

Dec 30th Hawks @ Wings

Dec 31st London Knights @ Sarnia Sting OHL

Jan 1st Wings @ Hawks Winter Classic

Jan 2nd Dodge Holiday Classic - University of Minnesota Tournament

Jan 3rd Wings @ Wild

Obviously I have everything crossed for a ticket for the game at Wrigley but apart from that I'm all set.

This is just a shout out other Wing Nuts who may be taking in any of these games and may want to hook up for a chat. In the past I've met up with a number of very cool people. Just give me a holler on pm or e-mail.

PS - The other random games, I'm trying to complete the 30 NHL arenas so after this trip just 6 to go :thumbup:

Go Wings

Why are you going to the Bruins - Thrashers game?

I'm going to Atlanta and also St Loo as I've not been to either arena - I make the most of my days when I'm over...well what else is there to do but watch hocley huh ....lol

Guys, I've been lucky enough to make a number of trips over from Scotland to watch the Wings in the last few years, culminating earlier this year when I decided 3 days before Game 4 that I was gonna come over and catch the finals and luckily I got to Games 4 , 5 & 6 :champs:

When I heard the Winter Classic announcement I kinda knew that would be a focal point for this seasons trip so I've lined up the following;

Dec 26th Wings @ Predators

Dec 27th Sharks @ Blues

Dec 28th Bruins @ Thrashers

Dec 29th Sarnia Sting @ Plymouth Whalers OHL

Dec 30th Hawks @ Wings

Dec 31st London Knights @ Sarnia Sting OHL

Jan 1st Wings @ Hawks Winter Classic

Jan 2nd Dodge Holiday Classic - University of Minnesota Tournament

Jan 3rd Wings @ Wild

Obviously I have everything crossed for a ticket for the game at Wrigley but apart from that I'm all set.

This is just a shout out other Wing Nuts who may be taking in any of these games and may want to hook up for a chat. In the past I've met up with a number of very cool people. Just give me a holler on pm or e-mail.

PS - The other random games, I'm trying to complete the 30 NHL arenas so after this trip just 6 to go :thumbup:

Go Wings

How the heck can you afford to go to all those games? :D

However you can do it, much congrats. ;)

Strong Brit Pound vs weak American Dollar.

Is there such a thing at the moment as a strong currency anywhere ? :blink:

Although I'd much prefer to visit the US where I get $1.70 for my £1 (although this is viewed at the moment in horror by the UK population who are used to closer to $2 for £1) than how you guys must feel when you come across here. Obviously the hockey over here isn't quite as good either :P

Is this a true road trip, or is there flying in there too?

Well I gotta fly to get over the Atlantic buddy :hehe: - I fly internally in the UK on Dec 26th , then over to Chicago and then fly down to Nashville where I land 2 hours before game time and by the time the game is over I'll have been on the road for 26 hours.... next day I drive to St Loo and then drive to Atlanta. I fly to Detroit from Atlanta and then drive until I go over to Chicago and fly again to Minneapolis....I fly back through Chicago to Frankfurt (Germany) before getting back to the UK ...so not sure what you'd call it apart from exhausting ;)

All set know , Christmas with the family and then I set off early morning of the 26th. Any fellow Wingnuts going to be at any of the games then shout out if you want to meet up before/during/after the games.

Merry Christmas to all. :xmas:

Is there such a thing at the moment as a strong currency anywhere ? :blink:

Mine and Your currency against the Zimbabwe currency. $50 USD = $46,291,250 ZWD :shocking:

Have a safe Journey and don't forget your Scottish flag. Represent at the games!

rossco, I'm impressed with your trip. If I lived on that side of the pond I would be spending my time chasing the Wings around. You are going to be one busy dude.

I was just over there May 2007, yes the exchange rate was awful, but I would do it again. (Could not find one hockey game on TV in the pubs, only Football or soccer.) I'm was listening to the group Runrig while I happened apond this thread.

I'm sure you've heard of them. (Oh, I'm half Scotch, grandfather/mother from Edinburgh area.) GO WINGS !

Listen to Runrig (in Gaelic).....Hope this link works:

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=xaFUfdJqPGk&...feature=related

rossco, I'm impressed with your trip. If I lived on that side of the pond I would be spending my time chasing the Wings around. You are going to be one busy dude.

I was just over there May 2007, yes the exchange rate was awful, but I would do it again. (Could not find one hockey game on TV in the pubs, only Football or soccer.) I'm was listening to the group Runrig while I happened apond this thread.

I'm sure you've heard of them. (Oh, I'm half Scotch, grandfather/mother from Edinburgh area.) GO WINGS !

Listen to Runrig (in Gaelic).....Hope this link works:

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=xaFUfdJqPGk&...feature=related

Yup hockey is not what you'd call mainstream here :annoyed: .. I get my fix from a satellite channel that is dedicated to North American sports...sure I know Runrig..I listen to a lot of their stuff .... I live just 8 miles south of Edinburgh and I guess it's payback time at the moment for all those past trips where the exchange rate favoured visitors to the US.

I'll try and post some stuff about my trip as I go....when I get the time.

Me too ... it just won't be so loud without you :rolleyes::tounge2:

Rossco, where are your seats in Nashville? I may be going to that game, I wanted to sit in the Upper Deck next to the Broadcasters so I can meet Ken, Mickey and the Gang!!

Rossco, where are your seats in Nashville? I may be going to that game, I wanted to sit in the Upper Deck next to the Broadcasters so I can meet Ken, Mickey and the Gang!!

I'm 115 row GG .. will be wearing a Zetterberg jersey ... not sure that will help :lol:

Oh man, fair play to ya! Id love to do something like that. I wana get my ass over there sometime next year but money is tight at the moment. If the wings go to Sweden ill defo be there!

NASN is a bit sucky when it comes to the hockey mind:(, Channel 5 usually have some stuff, not sure if they started broadcasting hockey stuff again. Have yet to check!