• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest 4051RedWings1393

Andreas Lilja

Rate this topic

Guest 4051RedWings1393

I'm sorry but he flat out sucks. Lilja coughs the puck up every time, stands there while on defense, he can't pass correctly, and he can't shoot for anything. Sure he's big, 6 ft 3 in - 230 lbs, but how many times do the Red Wings get into any fights? That's all he's there for. He nearly costed us the game to the Senators last night along with Cleary.

What's your thoughts on him? Sorry my first post had to be a rant.

Guest mindfly

Everyone hates lilja except babcock and holland (too bad they're the ones in charge not us) :(

Edited by mindfly

He's a bottom string defensman who's salary fits in nicely under our already tight cap.

Wanna know how tomake him fit in even nicer...trade him lol; While I think he is the worst of our D-Men 1-6, none of the guys in the AHL are better than him just yet, maybe half way through the season they will be, but not just quite yet.

The penalty called on lils last night was weak as hell IIRC.

There were a lot of calls, both ways that were crap. For instance, Lilja getting his stick knocked out of his hand. Technically that was the right call, but Lilja needs to hold his stik tighter. There is no way that little swing should have knocked his stick out of his hands.

Lilja might not be perfect but he's still better than Quincey. ... Speaking of Quincey- how the heck has he not been claimed yet??? :blink:

Does the league do business on Sundays? It would make sense if they didn't. I mean, he was just put on waivers last night right? So most teams played last night, maybe put in a claim last night, but won't get looked at until Monday.

Everyone hates lilja except babcock and holland (too bad they're the ones in charge not us) :(

I don't hate him. I've never hated hockey players (Claude Lemieux came pretty close). I think Lilja is a good 3rd pair defenceman.

Speaking of Quincey- how the heck has he not been claimed yet???

Has it been 24 hours already?

Edit:

From the LGW News: "If Quincey goes unclaimed past 12 noon Monday..."

Edited by P. Marlowe

Sorry we can't field a roster of 6 all-star defense men.

On just about any other team Lilja would at least look average, keep in mind we have the best set of puck moving blue liners in the league so of course his errors will stand out more in comparison. For now I'm fine with him being a 3rd Pair defense men.

Guest MrSandMan

I must be the minority, I have no problem with Lilja on our team at all. He does a fine job for his salary.

The only Red Wings without a giveaway were Andreas Lilja, Kirk Maltby, Marian Hossa, Tomas Kopecky and Johan Franzen.

Apparently that doesn't matter he still cost us the game.

The penalty called on lils last night was weak as hell IIRC.

That doesn't matter either. It was all Lilja's fault for lifting the guys stick like he's supposed to.

/sarcasm

You guys can't ***** about Sammy anymore because he's played two pretty solid games, so you move on to the next whipping boy. He's no Nick Lidstrom, but he does his part for what he's paid to do. All your complaining isn't going to get him, Sammy, Cheli, or anyone else who "is lazy and sucks" out of here.

http://redwingscorner.blogspot.com/2008/10...er-factory.html

The only Red Wings without a giveaway were Andreas Lilja, Kirk Maltby, Marian Hossa, Tomas Kopecky and Johan Franzen.

Afraid we can't say the same for the game against the Sens, or pretty much every other game he's ever played.