• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest 4051RedWings1393

Andreas Lilja

Rate this topic

Apparently that doesn't matter he still cost us the game.

Apparently Osgood passing the puck to a Leafs player and saying "here is an open net, I do not mind if you score" must not of mattered in that loss...

Get real brother...

Lilja is a bottom-pairing defenseman. Sure it would be great of he played like Lids or Raffy or Kronner or Stuart night in and night out, but if he did he would be playing for a different team making a lot more money, and we'd have someone else playing D who we'd probably ***** about because he plays like a bottom pairing defenseman. He has a role and he does it just fine (and for f^%ing out loud, his role is not and never has been as an enforcer, regardless of his size, so let's quit bitching that he doesn't drop the gloves). We are lucky that we have 4 defenseman with top-pairing abilities, let's not hold that against the bottom two ...

Edited by lets go pavel

I'd fashion a guess that Lilja is the ONLY one who hasn't looked worse than usual. Kronwall, Stuart, Lidstrom, and Rafalski have not looked like their usual selves yet.

If anyone has the right to play mediocre hockey, then its our bottom pairing Dmen. And it was Lebdas boneheaded giveaway in the offensive zone that caused Folignos goal, so his head should be on a stick before Liljas.

If we want to make a thread about a Dman who hasnt proved his worth so far, look at Rafalski, whos defensive play hasnt been much stronger than that of Liljas.

Lilja is the reincarnated Larry Murphy.

LOL

i dont get some people here...they want a tough defenseman who will stick up for his teammates...lillypads does it.

then people complain that he isnt a good fighter.

he does everything a stay at home defensive defenseman should do. he's not a giveaway machine anymore and he really doesn't take stupid penalities. lilja is the type of defenseman that is playing good when you either A. forget that he is on the ice or, B. throws a nice hit once in a while

I'm always up for lashing out against the Lillypad. But to this point in the season i can't complain. On top of it, we are 2 games into an 82 game regular season. I'm OK if he plays crappy in the first few. He just needs to be solid in the playoffs.

Guest Four

Rafalski, Kronwall, Lidstrom and Stuart seemed to be playing at Lilja's pace in the first two games, take off that damn visor Lidstrom, it's bad luck!

I'm quite a big Lilja fan. If I could afford another Wings jersey, it would be a Lilja one. I suppose you could say I belong to the Cult of Andreas. They say that cat Lilja is a bad mother...

He is our best shot blocking player on the team... Besides the goalie of course.

Why in the world would anyone bring up Cleary? He is a very good player am I not watching the same game as you? Look bottom line with Lilja he has to be a good player or the Red Wings would not have him. I dont like negative comments they burst my bubble and yea yea I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I like positive comments better.

now its time for my little negative comment: I dont think everyone on here that posts has good information I mean I dont think people are watching all the games and stuff they might post of one little mess up but they havent researched or looked at the player and his potential people need to give people a chance before they slaughter them, okay I'm done thank u

I don't get the Cleary argument either. To me, Cleary and Filppula have been the Red Wings best forwards in the first two games. Cleary had a PK shift against Ottawa that was just brilliant. Nobody outworks Dan Cleary.

Couldnt have said it any better myself.

Geez, I make a sarcastic comment to trade Lils and Cleary because the OP said we should trade Lils because their turnovers almost cost us the game. Sarcasm people....sarcasm...

Edited by Konnan511

Geez, I make a sarcastic comment to trade Lils and Cleary because the OP said we should trade Lils because their turnovers almost cost us the game. Sarcasm people....sarcasm...

I knew yours was sarcasm, but there were a couple more Cleary comments made.

I'm sorry but he flat out sucks. Lilja coughs the puck up every time, stands there while on defense, he can't pass correctly, and he can't shoot for anything. Sure he's big, 6 ft 3 in - 230 lbs, but how many times do the Red Wings get into any fights? That's all he's there for. He nearly costed us the game to the Senators last night along with Cleary.

What's your thoughts on him? Sorry my first post had to be a rant.

Lilja is not on the Wings just for fighting alone. If he were with the Wings just for fighting and not for DEFENSE at all, there'd be plenty of problems.

It has been noted plenty in here that he is a very good penalty killer and shot blocker. That, along with being a stay-at-home defenseman, is why he is on the Wings. Not for fighting.

He is a steal for his salary of just over $1M a year. For a 5th or 6th d-man, you could do plenty worse.

I can't believe the amount of idiots who post things on here. Lilja is a decent d-man and he is ,over the course of the season going to have good and not so good games like alot of players. In 82 games I have never seen a player on every night. As for Cleary he brings a lot of different things to the Wings including speed, grit and a physical presence. That is why Ken Holland is the best G.M. in the league! He put together the pieces to make a run for the cup and has done so for quite some time.