• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
umredwing11

Zetterberg out vs. Vancouver; Helm recalled

Rate this topic

Mlive is reporting that Henrik Zetterberg was unable to finish practice today due to an unspecified injury...lets hope its nothing..

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20..._finish_pr.html

After Hank left, the lineup looked like this:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Filppula-Samuelsson

Cleary-Draper-Hudler

Maltby-Kopecky-McCarty

Edited by umredwing11

Bulls*** alert, first it says 'dinged up' second, no other site is carrying this story that ive seen, id say this is a reporter jumping the gun...

Edited by Shaman464

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Filppula-zetterberg-Franzen

Samuelsson-Cleary--Hudler

Maltby-Draper-Kopecky

i think these should be the lines going forward when zetterberg gets back

That's too much sexy on the first two lines. Babs likes to roll the 3 lines evenly.

UGHHHHHH this is so frustrating. My girlfriend and I are flying out for two games against the nucks and rangers, her favorite player is Hank and she didn't get to see him play last year either when we went down to LA for games against the ducks and kings. PLEASE Z for the love of GOD!! Be in the lineup!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what im hearing is its a slightly sore groin and hes a probable but, still a game time decision.

If that's the case he should just sit. Not to discredit any NHL team because even the worst ones can win against any other team on any given night, but the Canucks aren't exactly a "high-flying" team this year.

Bench Z and give him a couple extra days so he's ready for the weekend.

Can I be the first to speculate how much this will affect his next contract??? ;)

I think injuries get mentioned in the negotiations only if they push for more money then Lids... but not the groin...the back...

If he pushes for money they say well Hank, 8-9 mill is a lot of money to bet on a back that has flared up every year for 3 years at a young age, how do we know it holds out for 7 years....

I doubt he will push the lids cap...I say between teh 6.7 Dats gets and the 7.45 lids gets and no blows thrown by either side...

vancouver usually plays well against us, not sure why but they do would be good to have Z play both...damn maybe Emma is being too rough with the guy (they did just get back from a short road trip)

Damn groins...I feel like at least one Red Wing has a sore groin at every waking moment of the season.

All it takes is a half-hour each day to look after your groin, and we got a professional group. - Mike Babcock

All it takes is a half-hour each day to look after your groin, and we got a professional group. - Mike Babcock

Hmmm... only takes me a couple minutes. Anoyone else think they are obsessing a bit? I mean... how long can it take to make sure your groin isn't funky?

I may have missed the entire point of this topic.

If that's the case he should just sit. Not to discredit any NHL team because even the worst ones can win against any other team on any given night, but the Canucks aren't exactly a "high-flying" team this year.

Bench Z and give him a couple extra days so he's ready for the weekend.

As long as we get to see him for one game I will be happy. Its just bad luck, I bought my GF a Z jersey and everything. Not to mention she hates flying lol she will look at this as a bad omen. CMON boys wish me luck Z BE IN THE LINEUP :D

I heard Holland on XM 204 Home Ice when the subject came up and he seemed almost caught off guard by the question at first. He did say it was nothing major.

To be honest, Hank has looked like he's playing injured to me. He was impressive in the preseason but he hasn't looked that great since the season started. Datsyuk, on the other hand, has looked great, although the stats so far would suggest they're playing roughly equal.

President Bush sucker-punched him!

Egads, Babcock has such a low tolerance threshold for Hudler... still on the third line even with Zetterberg out.

Babcock said that if Zetterberg plays, he'll have Johan Franzen and Mikael Samuelsson as linemates. Babcock said that he doesn't like how Jiri Hudler becomes pass-oriented on Zetterberg's line and expects Hudler to shoot more on a line with Valtteri Filppula and Dan Cleary.

http://redwingscentral.com/redwingscorner/...134828017065498

Makes sense, but I don't see why Babs didn't give Huds a heads up, tell him to shoot more, and then give him a few more games on the 2nd line to figure things out. Its not like Hudler is the only one not meshing well with his linemates..