• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CAredwingsfan91

Blackhawks fire coach Savard

Rate this topic

nhl live is reporting I'm trying to find a link on the net but this is what they are reporting. Hradek is saying "could scotty come back?" boooo hope not

but what if he did what would you guys think about that? discuss

tsn

Edited by CAredwingsfan91

That's a bad move. With the progress made by the Hawks last season, Savard looked like the right guy for the job. And how does Quenneville keep getting gigs anyway? Hiring him has become the textbook first step in building second-tier teams. I expect at least a half dozen vintage Quenneville moments when the Wings and Hawks face off: random shuffling of goalies and general brain freeze in high-pressure moments.

What is Detroit's record against Quenneville in the playoffs? 5-0? I know he was with the Blues when Detroit was knocking them out of the playoffs every year and last year Detroit swept Colorado.

Never mind. I looked it up myself. Detroit knocked him out of the playoffs in 97, 98, 02, and 08. Hmmm... There's something familiar about those seasons.

Edited by Icer

Knew it would happen eventually. When they hired on Quenneville as a "scout", it basically meant that he would be waiting in the wings if/when Savard faltered. No big surprise here. So who's on Chicago that can really goon it up? We'll need to watch out for those players now.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I'm intrigued by this. I'm wondering if it was planned, or (what I think is more likely) he stepped on the wrong toes (be it internal politics, or something more scandalous).

What is Detroit's record against Quenneville in the playoffs? 5-0? I know he was with the Blues when Detroit was knocking them out of the playoffs every year and last year Detroit swept Colorado.

Never mind. I looked it up myself. Detroit knocked him out of the playoffs in 97, 98, 02, and 08. Hmmm... There's something familiar about those seasons.

Are you sure those were the only seasons? I could've sworn Detroit had knocked St. Louis out of the playoffs a few more times other than their Cup seasons.

Are you sure those were the only seasons? I could've sworn Detroit had knocked St. Louis out of the playoffs a few more times other than their Cup seasons.

The Wings knocked the Blues out of the playoffs in '96, but Quenneville wasn't the coach. He started coaching the Blues in the 1996-97 season.

Hilarious. I was disappointed that the Q wasn't going to be around to coach one of our hapless rivals and get eliminated by us this year. And now, he's back! And with our biggest up-and-coming rival!

This is amazing. I love the Hawks. They never cease to provide comedic entertainment, even after the death of Father Bill. Team Chaos strikes again.