• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
robat

Chris Chelios on Joe Elliot of Def Leppard

Rate this topic

Not sure if anyone heard the interview, but they just played a clip on XM and Cheli said from the minute Elliot got to the show you could tell he didn't want to be there. Cheli went on to say that Elliot put the cup upside down on purpose and he didn't know why they wouldn't have an American or Canadian band play instead.

Edited by robat

Guest LivingtheDream

Gee, why so harsh? I mean, everyone I know who doesn't follow hockey always says, "You know, if they included some washed out 80s band in their season opener, that would really change my attitude and I think I might take up hockey." Genius!

The clip was on xm 204 this morning. He pretty much said what the op stated, but to add to it. Cheli went on to say, he was pissed about having to be there, he was just in a s***ty mood. Supposedly when he got there, he said something to some people about putting the Cup upside down. Cheli then was saying Quincey was about 2 seconds from poppin Elliot for it. I guess Quincey was fuming about the incident, but held back. It was a pretty funny interview with Cheli, he tried to hold back at profanity about Elliot, and proceeded to call him an idiot or something.

Guest LivingtheDream

Man, now I am even more pissed about losing Quincy! That fat rocker would not have had a chance against a young hockey player. Now that would have been Epic! :-) Imagine the ratings had a hockey player come out and started wailing on the singer of the band. I mean, that would have put the NHL on the MAP!

Rush sucks too. :P

Actually they don't suck, since I'm Canadian, I'm just sick of 'em. They are on the radio all the time!

If i heard def leppard on my radio, if switch off immediately cos i hate that bubble gum pop rock.

Man, now I am even more pissed about losing Quincy! That fat rocker would not have had a chance against a young hockey player. Now that would have been Epic! :-) Imagine the ratings had a hockey player come out and started wailing on the singer of the band. I mean, that would have put the NHL on the MAP!

Haha it totally would have.

Guest LivingtheDream

"Seconds after aging rock star whats-his-face stepped away from the sacrilege he had just committed by placing Lord Stanley upside down, the crowd roared as defencemen Kyle Quincy emerged from the stage left wing at full speed. The poor old rocker committed one of rock and rolls greatest sins, he had his head up and was not watching the crowd. Suddenly his aging body was propelled with a deafening crash into the drum set. With not the slightest pause Quincy began wailing on the over sized fat head of the offender and within receiving a few punched not only had he turtled, but he was screaming like a little girl for her mommy." Stage hands scrambled to break up the ruckus, but the 47 year old warrior Chris Chelios kept them at bay..."

Ah, what could have been.

To give you an idea of how much I enjoy Deaf Lepers, as soon as they came on I changed the channel. I didn't see the Cupside Down incident, but I guarantee if I ever see this guy in the street he'll get my foot in his balls. You do NOT disrespect Stanley.

Def Leppard sucks!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I was really pissed when they did that, when I saw it upside down I was WTF'ing all over the place. "We're soccer boys" then why are you openning the hockey season if you don't know the basic knowledge of when the Stanley Cup looks like set up right? There are literally 1000s of bands that could have played and been at least familiar with the NHL, but we went across the pond to get the limies to play? Go Cheli

The mix on TV was HORRIBLE. Vivian Campbell was all the way up on guitar, and the other guy (Phil Collen) was OFF. Solo...one would think the engineer would say, hey, there is supposed to be guitar here....turn that one up.

Who should we have gotten? KID ROCK? (He's a hack and I am so tired of him being the default Detroit choice for any music)

Def Leppard, horrible choice, they had a new album to flog. Maybe Nickleback? Why not? Not that I like them, but they are Canadian and big hockey fans. They do a lot of things for CBC.