• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jawbreaker

Sidney Crosby is leading by the example

Rate this topic

Seems that Crosby's leadership is so great, that Malkin is trying not to be worse than him in... whining.

"Ovechkin is a great player, but every time he hits me - I don't know why," Malkin said.

Why the hell all the great players from Pittsburgh are such a big whiners? I been told (I haven't seen the game) that Malkin himself laid down a dirty hit against Semin. So she and Cindy are untouchables? They can hit, but you can't hit them.

Have we ever heard Datsyuk, or Zetterberg complain like that? I don't thinks so.

Damn I'm so happy that those whining kids lost to the Caps. I never had anything against Malkin, but now I don't respect him. Play, and be a man. Plus, Crosby showed that he is "very good" in his own-end - he was -3 last night.

Ok, I just wanted to BASH the Penguins :D

Ovechkin was really gunning for Malkin... really gunning for him.

Pretty awesome, actually... Superstar War!

There's more there than meets the eye. Apparently Ovechkin has it in for Malkin on a very personal level. Neither one of them will elaborate on it.

In fact, Ovechkin refuses to play on the same line as Malkin when they play for Russia.

Edited by MacK_Attack

There's more there than meets the eye. Apparently Ovechkin has it in for Malkin on a very personal level. Neither one of them will elaborate on it.

In fact, Ovechkin refuses to play on the same line as Malkin when they play for Russia.

Well, given that AO is awesome and a cool motherf*cker, this only verifies that Malkin must be soem king of a-hole/loser.

Anyone have the pic of Malking with Mule stood over him and Evgeni has a scared witless "please don't hurt me" look on his face? Absolutely priceless :)

340x.jpg this one?

Anyone have the pic of Malking with Mule stood over him and Evgeni has a scared witless "please don't hurt me" look on his face? Absolutely priceless :)

aww, i remember that, awesome stuff. What was even better was Datsyuk at the same time cracking three rights on Gary Roberts' forehead.

He is a pansy for saying it. But to be honest, Ovechkin seriously runs him every game they play against eachother. I'm not talking innocent Detroit Red Wings hits, but like intent to injure blatant charges.

With that said, I love Ovie and think Malkin is a *****. Plus it makes those games so much more entertaining.

Edited by DatsyukownzU13

Seems like more baseless Crosby bashing to me and the thread really has nothing to do with Crosby. I don't see any whining here. I think the full facts were conveniently left out here. That was Malkin's resposne when asked why he thought Ovechkin seemed to go out of his way several times during the game to try and hit him.

I watched last night's game and I have to be honest, Ovechkin was getting away with a lot of attempted hits that shoudl have been charges. The announcers were actually all over him last night for various reasons (charing, bad decisions and floating). Several times he was behind the Pens' defense when the puck was in his own team's corner. However, he was still all over the place and getting scoring chances like crazy.

Wow, lots of Malkin/Pens bashing.

The Crosby whining talk isn't suprising, you see lots of that here and other places. I think it will take a few more years for people to forget things he did his rookie year. It took a few years for Mario and Wayne to lose the whiner label, but then again, some still see them today as whiners. I remember Yzerman was sometimes called a whiner. But he lost that label early on. I can't say Sid didn't whine his rookie year, cause he did. But he was 18 and he was young. He still is young. He is much more mature and it a true leader. But people won't let it go. Very odd.

The problem Crosby has is that he has so many cameras on him. If he talks to a ref about a bad call, non call, etc, people want to jump on him and call him a whiner. All captains and assistant captains talk to the refs about the happenings in a game. He used to talk to them before he was a 'A' or 'C', (surely not the only player that does so) some will call that leadership others call it whining. Objective. You can watch any game and see players interact with the refs, but if Sid does it, it's whining. People here used to dislike Ken Hitchcock, but the other year he comes out and says Sid whines and dives and now his word is gold.

Far as Malkin, I'm not sure where one can accuse him of whining. What he is saying is, he is not sure why Ovechkin goes out of his way to take runs at him. He can take a hit and knows hitting is part of the game. But if you watch the games, Ovechkin goes out of his way to hit him. In fact, it cost the Caps a goal last season by OV putting himself out of the play to go and hit Malkin, that resulted in a odd man rush. Like someone else said, their is something going on between them and no one really knows what. Well, I'm sure some do, but it isn't known to the public. So this is just making a big deal out of nothing. Malkin doesn't know why OV goes out of his way to hit him. So what. I know that any team I played for where a player would put himself out of position to hit a guy would get disiplined by the coach, especially if it cost us a goal. Malkin didn't say the hits were dirty, because for the most part, they are not, just ill advised. I've had guys go out of their way to hit me, and it would confuse me to. Especially when I didn't have the puck.

People love OV and I used to like him more. But taking runs and actually trying to injure someone isn't very wise or respectful. People want to say Malkin is a ***** and such. Malkin plays a far different style than OV. OV is a aggressive player, Malkin isn't. One could argue that OV is more of a ***** to go after a guy like Malkin. It's all in your perspective. If OV played against the Wings more than once a year and everytime they played he took runs at Datsyuk people here would not be praising him so much. That's what OV does to Malkin. He is trying to injure him. Claude Lemieux intentonally injured Draper many years back, and Colorado fans thought that was funny. Whether you like the Pens or not, or any team, seeing a guy trying to injure someone else intentionally isn't exactly something great.

Far as Malkins hit on Semin. It's borderline. Fans of Don Cherry would agree it wasn't a dirty hit. He had the puck, saw Malkin and turned his back to him. Malkin hit him. He didn't rock him but he didn't back off as much as he could have. He could of leveled him but he didn't. He didn't exactly take it easy though. Cherry sees those plays all the time. He always says never turn your back on a guy coming at you. Semin did just that. I can't totally defend Malkin because he could have eased up, but on the other hand, it's a bonehead play by Semin.

Not sure if someone mentioned Malkin ducking a hit by OV, if not, someone will. There isn't much to say about that. Any smart hockey player would avoid getting hit, so Malkin dodged it. I can't say I ever chose to take a hit over avoiding it. Whether that makes Malkin a ***** or a smart hockey player is debatable, but the fact that he he didn't get hit and didn't get injured should say it was more on the smart side.

when ppl call Sidney a whiner, purpose is to fee l themselves better: see, he's a whiner, he is not actually better person than me. Subconciously ppl compare themselves with stars and that "strenghtens" their complex of inferiority. If you can't rise that high, bring him down. This is obvoius when ppl jump on bashing , mostly not even reading things through.

My two cents. First post here, btw.

Edited by hokike

when ppl call Sidney a whiner, purpose is to fee l themselves better: see, he's a whiner, he is not actually better person than me. Subconciously ppl compare themselves with stars and that "strenghtens" their complex of inferiority. If you can't rise that high, bring him down. This is obvoius when ppl jump on bashing , mostly not even reading things through.

My two cents. First post here, btw.

Welcome aboard! :thumbup:

Just FYI, I don't bash on Crosby because all the cool kids are doing it or because it makes me feel bigger or more awesome.

I bash on him because I hate him and, although I can acknowledge he's a great player stat-wise, I think he's kind of a crybaby.

Anyone can put up great stats, not everyone can dive like Crosby!

This thread reminds me of a comment I heard on NFL radio a couple weeks ago by Randy Cross. A Steeler fan called in and went off because Cross had said the Steelers offensive line basically sucked. When the caller hung up, Cross lauged and said, "No one throws a hissy-fit like fans from Pittsburg".

I know he was referring to football, but it seemed funny to me after reading all the whining the Pens fans (and players and coach) did during the finals last year.

Seems that Crosby's leadership is so great, that Malkin is trying not to be worse than him in... whining.

"Ovechkin is a great player, but every time he hits me - I don't know why," Malkin said.

Why the hell all the great players from Pittsburgh are such a big whiners? I been told (I haven't seen the game) that Malkin himself laid down a dirty hit against Semin. So she and Cindy are untouchables? They can hit, but you can't hit them.

Have we ever heard Datsyuk, or Zetterberg complain like that? I don't thinks so.

Damn I'm so happy that those whining kids lost to the Caps. I never had anything against Malkin, but now I don't respect him. Play, and be a man. Plus, Crosby showed that he is "very good" in his own-end - he was -3 last night.

Ok, I just wanted to BASH the Penguins :D

....Cindy and Jeanne, the official Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson of the NHL. Or is Jeff and Jimmie the official Cindy and Jeanne of NASCAR? Whichever, that is all of their philosophy's...

I heard that too ... also a year and a half ago there was a report that Ovechkin broke Malkin's agent's jaw at a club (i think there was a thread here at the time). Good times!

Ovechkin the Jawbreaker

The Crosby whining talk isn't suprising, you see lots of that here and other places. I think it will take a few more years for people to forget things he did his rookie year said in the 2008 Finals

Fixed that for you. I was never on the Crosby-is-a-divey-whiner bandwagon, quite frankly I never saw him play enough. But after the 1st two games of the finals where Pittsburgh got totally pwned and he comes out and complains about obstruction that no-one else saw all year and says that line about "hopefully we'll get the calls".... :thumbdown:

If Malkin and Ovechkin are having problems, then they should solve them without the press (silly to say: omg why he is hitting me). You can do it outside of the rink by talking, or just drop the damn gloves.

About Crosby... He is a bad leader, and a whiner. Who thinks otherwise should just watch the finals, and make some conclusions.