• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
babycks0612

Avery

Rate this topic

Okay so this is probably a bad question to ask but I'm just curious on everyones thought and opinions on Avery. I've read somewhere that he is the most hated player in the NHL and it seems like people outside of the NHL dislike him as well. As for me, I've been a fan of his for years and will continute to be. I can see how their are people that can say he plays to agressively or hes a prick or other things. I got to talk to him many times years back when the NHL was on lockout and he really is a nice guy, he may only act like that on the ice because it works. He knows what buttons to press and what tempers to flare. Again, this probably is a bad question to ask but I just want to understand other peopls opinions and why they all dislike him a lot.

I think that he is one of those players that you love when he is on your team, but he is such an agitator you hate it when its your guys he is messing with.

It's hilarious. Every time he plays for a team their fans love him. And when he changes club you look at their board and they suddenly hate him and snipe him. And yet they always talk about him even after he's gone, so you know they miss him and would love him back.

Personally I'm disappointed he wasn't here longer. He is a pretty handy offensive player and is never afraid to drop the gloves.

I think he is a clown on the ice a lot; hurts his own team almost as much as he helps it; would prefer to never see him play for the Red Wings again; but find his interviews and outspoken comments refreshing and good for the NHL.

Edited by egroen

I think he is a clown on the ice a lot; hurts his own team almost as much as he helps it; would prefer to never see him play for the Red Wings again; but find his interviews and outspoken comments refreshing and good for the NHL.

Bettman should send him on a holy crusade to go on every talk show to save hockey... :thumbup:

Guest Crymson
i love avery man, hes f***in sweet i wish we still had him

I think he's a prick and an embarassment to the sport. I'm certainly glad that he's not on the team, and I laugh at those who act as if they were all-the-wiser and say that we shouldn't have traded him, when in fact at that time he was good for racking up unneeded penalty minutes and nothing else and we were trading him for one of the better defensemen in the league.

He's exactly the sort of guy I'm glad the management doesn't sign. The Wings are an organization with a lot of integrity, and I think that's part of what makes the team special. Avery certainly wouldn't fit in, and rightfully so.

I'll never understand those who are willing to sell integrity in order to buy success, and that applies as much in sports---to both fans and players---as anywhere else.

Edited by Crymson

i really dont think he added much to our team when he was here...and since that the only time you hear about him is not when he's doing something on the ice,it's when he's beaking off about some thing...sometimes i find his comments hilarious..other times he just sounds like a moron...but i dig the fact that he ie one of the the players in the nhl that he goes on about promoting...here i am !!and yeah i'm an ******* ..screw you...kind of like how they promote wwf..i really think he's on to some thing....villians and heroes...you have to admit,for a guy that adds so little to the score sheet,,sure is in the press a lot!!!and thats good for the nhl as far as i'm concerned.....never met the man,but i'm pretty sure i would'nt want to hang out with him..

Depends on the day/mood whenever I read stuff about Avery.

I've definitely had a few times where I've wandered what the hell Avery was doing when he opened his mouth with something controversial. Whether you hate/like Avery though or hate/like drama or excess fluff or talking, it creates attention and gives people something to read or listen to and if that is something the NHL wants in more attention, Avery's a guy that will do it, for better and worse sometimes.

I haven't watched him on the ice lately, but I'm guessing he's toned down his on-ice antics/PIMs to a degree and I know he's upped his offensive game to a decent degree.

Avery, along with other agitators are some of the nhl's smartest players. They no how to get others off their game psychologically, and they know more than others that it's a team game and sacrifice getting a bad image to help their team. I love Avery and he is good at what he does, he is valuable on any team.

Guest Shoreline

+1 to the Pronger thing. Which the Wings would bring back Yzerman for a game against Pronger to tear his ACL again. As for Avery, it was a blessing he left the organization. It was clear his antics have no place on this team.

Guest Crymson

Pronger is certainly worse. While Avery is simply an unsportsmanlike hack at the best of times, Pronger seems to have absolutely no regard on the ice for the safety of the opposition.

I don't really mind him, and I think he has his head on straight about how to market the league. But he's not a very good hockey player, and he's not "amazing" at what he does. Getting under Martin Brodeur's skin by talking trash in the media and waving a stick in front of his face doesn't take much skill.