• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Hudler is an excellent playmaker with a good shot. He can play all three forward positions.

Babs obviously didn't like the way the second line was working, because he wanted Zetterberg to be the playmaker and Hudler was serving in that role.

There are two primary solutions:

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Franzen/Hudler/Hossa

OR:

Holmstrom/Zetterberg/Hossa

Franzen/Datsyuk/Hudler

With Z out, Filppula or Cleary would fill Z's spot.

One of those goals was a direct result of Hudler not moving his feet and coming to the puck on Lidstrom's pass to him along the boards. As a result a forechecking Ranger easily stripped the puck from him which directly led to a goal.

That was a pass to Raf who was along the boards. Hudler was at the top of the circle.

That was a pass to Raf who was along the boards. Hudler was at the top of the circle.

Lids was behind the net and made an outlet pass up the boards to who I sure thought was Hudler by the left faceoff circle. What would Rafalski be doing up there?

You may have been thinking of an earlier goal. This was the fourth one by the Rangers. Lids made a decent outlet pass to Hudler along the boards, Hudler just tries to pull it in with his stick and loses the puck, then there's some scrambling and it's in the back of the Wings net.

I'm not saying Hudler was bad all game, but it's those kinds of plays that have to drive Babcock nuts.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I would like to see Hudler traded and Lenio in his place. I used to say Sammy and I wouldn't be sad if it happened that way instead but if you compare the three, Hudler and Lenio have closer styles than Sammy does. So to me it makes more sense to upgrade Hudler.

Of course then you run the risk that Lenio never really developes but somehow I doubt that.

Lids was behind the net and made an outlet pass up the boards to who I sure thought was Hudler by the left faceoff circle. What would Rafalski be doing up there?

You may have been thinking of an earlier goal. This was the fourth one by the Rangers. Lids made a decent outlet pass to Hudler along the boards, Hudler just tries to pull it in with his stick and loses the puck, then there's some scrambling and it's in the back of the Wings net.

I'm not saying Hudler was bad all game, but it's those kinds of plays that have to drive Babcock nuts.

Yeah NN thought you were talking about the Dawes goal by the sounds of it.

I was thinking of the 2nd goal by Dawes. I can't get a replay of the 4th that goes far enough back to see the aforementioned pass, but I'll take your word for it.

However, if it's plays like those that drive Babcock nuts, every single Red Wing has to be infuriating Babcock right now. Guys like Fil, Franzen, Kronwall, and even Datsyuk and Z have made some horrific turnovers in our first 5 games. Plays where they had full control of the puck, which it doesn't sound like Hudler ever had on this play. It's easy to pick on Hudler because he's been blasted from day 1, but it seems those initial perceptions won't ever go away.

I was thinking of the 2nd goal by Dawes. I can't get a replay of the 4th that goes far enough back to see the aforementioned pass, but I'll take your word for it.

However, if it's plays like those that drive Babcock nuts, every single Red Wing has to be infuriating Babcock right now. Guys like Fil, Franzen, Kronwall, and even Datsyuk and Z have made some horrific turnovers in our first 5 games. Plays where they had full control of the puck, which it doesn't sound like Hudler ever had on this play. It's easy to pick on Hudler because he's been blasted from day 1, but it seems those initial perceptions won't ever go away.

absolutely. The Wings have been off their game defensively. I was just saying one of those minuses for Hudler was legit. Not that he should take the brunt of the blame.

Honestly I'm still not sure exactly where and what is the best use of Hudler for the Wings.

I agree. His -4 or whatever contribution to the game is great. Why can more of our players be like that?

You mean like Cleary, Draper, Stuart, Lebda, Filppula and Kronwall?

Woo!

Good to see theyre following in Hudlers mousesteps :thumbup:

:rolleyes: Poor recovery to a stupid statement. Hudler's plus minus is no worse than Draper. By deriding Hulder's -4 you're implicitly doing the same to Draper since he's also got a -4 and has zero points as opposed to Hudler's single goal. Stating that Draper's defensive contributions to the team are a joke would be retarded. So by extension... well you connect the dots.