• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SouthernWingsFan

The person below me game...

Rate this topic

The person below me doesn't know where they are going on Christmas this year.

I think I am going to friend's house, but sometimes they change their minds and I don't go. So, I guess technically, I might not be going anywhere. We shall see.

The person below me has a boo-boo right now. :(

I plan. I'm anal-retentive. I plan how I'm going to plan. I'm so bad that if a lightbulb burns out, I put on my list of things to do rather than just get out a new bulb and replace it right away.

The person below me needs about 6 more hours in their day.

Depends on what they are.

The person below me has at one point in their life uttered the phrase, "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

The person below me hasn't started Christmas shopping yet, and isn't looking forward to all the crowds at the malls.

The person below me wonders about Santa's cholesterol level after eating millions of cookies every Christmas Eve.

Nah, he gets plenty of exercise racing around the globe, tossing presents under the tree. :xmas:

The person below me has cold feet, literally.

I celebrate Christmas. Not x-mas. Not some vague holiday. Not some season that happens to have a day in the middle of it whose name cannot be mentioned because not everyone wants to celebrate it, but everyone wants a reason to celebrate.

You want a holiday in the middle of winter with no religious association? One where you can have a nice party and celebrate things like family and happiness and light and sharing and giving? Cool. All of those are good things that should be celebrated. And you know what? We have a perfectly good day to do that on. It's called New Year's Day. I'll join you. We can raise a glass to all of the good things that we can all celebrate as fellow human beings. The world needs that. Let's do it on New Year's when we already have the day off anyway.

But leave Christmas to the Christians. You don't try to over-run other holidays. No one is trying to turn Eid in to World Happiness day. Or Pesach into the Festival of Leavening Awareness. Sure we all want to get along and share our mutual thoughts and feelings. But we also have times where we need to be ourselves- to be who and what we are in our innermost being. Our spirituality and beliefs are at the centre of who we are.

If we wish to celebrate who we are, we can not encourage one segment of our society to dilute the holiday that celebrates who they are.

Leave Christmas, Hanukkah, the Solstice and Kwanzaa for the people who celebrate them. There's nothing wrong with broadening our horizons and joining another group of people in celebrating their holiday. We can certainly learn a lot from each other if we respect each other's traditions. But if we are going to join them, let's remember that it's their holiday. It's not ours to change on a whim.

Then let's join together on New Year's Day to celebrate the human race and whatever else we want to celebrate that we feel the need to have a Holiday for.

The person below me celebrates another holiday besides Christmas.

I do not, it's just Christmas for me.

Nice dissertation by the way :)I actually had to double check that I was in the right thread. But I always refer to it as Christmas as well, nothing else.

The person below me would like to be somewhere else in the US, rather than where they are now.

I celebrate Christmas. Not x-mas. Not some vague holiday. Not some season that happens to have a day in the middle of it whose name cannot be mentioned because not everyone wants to celebrate it, but everyone wants a reason to celebrate.

You want a holiday in the middle of winter with no religious association? One where you can have a nice party and celebrate things like family and happiness and light and sharing and giving? Cool. All of those are good things that should be celebrated. And you know what? We have a perfectly good day to do that on. It's called New Year's Day. I'll join you. We can raise a glass to all of the good things that we can all celebrate as fellow human beings. The world needs that. Let's do it on New Year's when we already have the day off anyway.

But leave Christmas to the Christians. You don't try to over-run other holidays. No one is trying to turn Eid in to World Happiness day. Or Pesach into the Festival of Leavening Awareness. Sure we all want to get along and share our mutual thoughts and feelings. But we also have times where we need to be ourselves- to be who and what we are in our innermost being. Our spirituality and beliefs are at the centre of who we are.

If we wish to celebrate who we are, we can not encourage one segment of our society to dilute the holiday that celebrates who they are.

Leave Christmas, Hanukkah, the Solstice and Kwanzaa for the people who celebrate them. There's nothing wrong with broadening our horizons and joining another group of people in celebrating their holiday. We can certainly learn a lot from each other if we respect each other's traditions. But if we are going to join them, let's remember that it's their holiday. It's not ours to change on a whim.

Then let's join together on New Year's Day to celebrate the human race and whatever else we want to celebrate that we feel the need to have a Holiday for.

The person below me celebrates another holiday besides Christmas.

+1000

The person below me would like to be somewhere else in the US, rather than where they are now.

Nope. Like the song says, there's no place like home for the holidays.

The person below me's favorite holiday is Christmas.

Edited by Hockeytown0001