• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evan_a2

Pre-Game Skates

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut
Maybe they are just doing a little experimenting, trying to figure out if there is any advantages or disadvantages to having the guys skate on game day. I have heard the Wings sometime have an "optional" game day morning skate.

The optional skates I think are mostly during the playoffs. At least that is when I remember hearing about them. Which makes sense because when it comes down to it, the more comfortable and rested a player is the better he's going to perform (leaving the practices for during the reg. season "training").

Meh, they are just that good... they don't need practice. Every other team should just bow out now... The cup is theirs... THEY ARE THAT GOOD!

Rutherford is upset cause his players are getting injured before the game starts earlier this season he wouldnt let guys do stuff like run the stairs he dosnt want any twisted ancles or man games lost for non hockey related issues im sure this is more of it.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Pretty interesting, the canes are getting rid of pre-game skates for an undetermined amount of time.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/hurrica...ry/1256858.html

What do you guys think?

As a lifelong slow, plodding, ill-tempered defenseman, this would've been a dream come true. Frankly, if I had to play a game on a certain day, the last thing I want to do is gear up for "practice".

IMO, why not try it. If it saves any energy then it ought to pay dividends. Or maybe it won't work at all. Who knows but its a novel approach and worth a shot.