• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Darren McCarty cleared waivers

Rate this topic

Carts? One minute please.

Carts who?

In general, LGWers have an awful time coming up with nicknames. Or using the right one.

But Carts? That is just.........

No more saying Carts.

Fair enough. :rolleyes: McCarts sound better? Heard Him called Carts way back in Jr. A. with Belleville. 1991 was a long time ago I guess.

He's still tougher than marshmallows like Hudler, Sammy, Lebda or Kopecky.

True, but he can't currently play the sport of *hockey* at the level those 4 you just mentioned can.

Not every move the team makes with players like Mac has to do with how they feel about toughness, yet you constantly ascertain that it does.

i feel the same way,we need a enforcing enforcer. not them marshmellow's out there now.(srry had to reuse marshmellow) :thumbup:

Sorry guys.....I'd take D-Mac over Kopecky any day.

+1

Kopecky is the only player on this team who really hasn't done ANYTHING worth merit and still gets a roster spot. You can say Sammy puts up points for the money, you can say Maltby is a top PKer and a definite agitator, but Kopecky? I got nothin.

Christ. Listen- Kopecky, while useless right now, has upside. Remember who else used to be useless but was held onto for their potential? Franzen. Before the preseason last year he simply looked like a 4th liner with pk potential. At least Kopecky had better than a ppg while in the AHL.

Stop reacting like the Wings are dumping a big, young physical enforcer type to keep a 36 year old player with zero upside. It's the exact opposite situation. We know what we're getting with D-Mac. And one can reasonably predict the path D-Mac's career is on.

Stop thinking like you're picking the kickball team a recess and start thinking like a professional manager would.

Fair enough. :rolleyes: McCarts sound better? Heard Him called Carts way back in Jr. A. with Belleville. 1991 was a long time ago I guess.

No. No Carts! Just stick with D-Mac. Or Mac. Or even Turtle Killer. But not anything with "Carts" : P

having an enforcer is fine if you dont have goal scorers & playmakers waiting to come up from the minors. keep your enforcer in grand rapids until you need them (established bitchassness like jordan tootoo)

:blink:

Kopecky is a playmaker and goal scorer?

i'd like to watch a game with you seeing as we both have the EXACT same opinion on thise 4.. but you forgot to add our favorite whipping boy lilja to that list. man those 5 make me cringe!

Lilja makes his prior opponents cringe every time they hear his name mentioned anywhere.

I think a better post would have been....... Kopecky = D-Bag.

:lol: I have nothing against Kopecky, but nice post GMR, that made me laugh out loud. In all seriousness I hope someone picks D-Mac up. I'm pro-enforcer in the lineup, but Mac just isn't what he used to be. I like him and respect his comeback and what he's done in his years with the organization, but he serves no purpose on this team anymore. I ideally would want to see Downey at least getting a game here and there, because he can enforce, but it's not going to happen. It's going to be a skill lineup all year, we'll see how the team does going that route.

:lol: I have nothing against Kopecky, but nice post GMR, that made me laugh out loud. In all seriousness I hope someone picks D-Mac up. I'm pro-enforcer in the lineup, but Mac just isn't what he used to be. I like him and respect his comeback and what he's done in his years with the organization, but he serves no purpose on this team anymore. I ideally would want to see Downey at least getting a game here and there, because he can enforce, but it's not going to happen. It's going to be a skill lineup all year, we'll see how the team does going that route.

I know.

I can't wait until we play the Ducks and Hudler gets run at by Parros all day. Then, it will be time for Kopecky to come in and enforce.

That is, unless Sammy gets to Parros first.

:blink:

Kopecky is a playmaker and goal scorer?

Lilja makes his prior opponents cringe every time they hear his name mentioned anywhere.

Look- we all know Kopecky isn't the most important cog in the machine, but he has potential. He has the opportunity to be a better player out there, and he showed it last year just before he was injured. I'd love to see him start to show up out there, I really would. But the fact remains that Kopecky could be an important cog, while D-Mac was a beloved player on this team and a vital member of 3 championships. He contributed to a fourth championship, but he's 36... he's not a young man anymore. He's not on the upswing dude. I'm sorry.

I'd LOVE to have Boll or Lucic... s*** Latendresse too. Maybe De Vries as well.

I know.

I can't wait until we play the Ducks and Hudler gets run at by Parros all day. Then, it will be time for Kopecky to come in and enforce.

That is, unless Sammy gets to Parros first.

assuming that parros can catch hudler during his :29 total seconds of ice time for the night.

assuming that parros can catch hudler during his :29 total seconds of ice time for the night.

Don't confuse the Ducks with the Wings. They actually play enforcers, as do most teams in the league.

I guarantee you that just about every team that dresses an enforcer, has a more skilled guy that's a healthy scratch for every game. We should do the same thing, and scratch Kopecky in place of Downey, whether he's more skilled or not.

Trust me, it won't make the team that much worse, but will instead change things up a bit. Someone on this team needs to start playing with some physical passion that will rub off on the team. Kopecky can't even rub himself right now.

Nobody is going to pick up McCarty. And if someone does, it won't be because their team needs "toughness".

And I don't know why, but I like Kopecky. I know he hasn't scored since he was three, and hasn't had an assist since he was 12, but I think he'd be a lot farther if he didn't have so many freak injuries (see: Kronwall). He has a good passion for the game that you can see when he's on the ice. That game against the Rangers the kid was hunting for bodies, not pucks. I noticed him whenever he was on the ice, and if this kind of development continues, he may turn into something. I'm hoping for him to bulk up a little more too, just in case an occasion came for him to drop the gloves, but I may be wishing for too much.

Anyway, I understand everyone's desire to trade him, and I have no argument why we shouldn't, but I don't want to trade him. :bag:

You send DMac here to Grand Rapids for our season home opener this Saturday - and you will hear all the way to Detroit the standing O. we'll give him! Especially if you keep Darren Helm.

Welcome back, DMAC!

Nobody is going to pick up McCarty. And if someone does, it won't be because their team needs "toughness".

And I don't know why, but I like Kopecky. I know he hasn't scored since he was three, and hasn't had an assist since he was 12, but I think he'd be a lot farther if he didn't have so many freak injuries (see: Kronwall). He has a good passion for the game that you can see when he's on the ice. That game against the Rangers the kid was hunting for bodies, not pucks. I noticed him whenever he was on the ice, and if this kind of development continues, he may turn into something. I'm hoping for him to bulk up a little more too, just in case an occasion came for him to drop the gloves, but I may be wishing for too much.

Anyway, I understand everyone's desire to trade him, and I have no argument why we shouldn't, but I don't want to trade him. :bag:

I can't get that.

I would never develop a man-crush on an undeserving player.

i think this is overreaction just like with downey going down. the niec thing about mccarty is that no one is going to claim him. they can send him down, and if there's injuries during the season, call him back up. personally, i would rather see downey before mccarty, but rosters are fluid throughout the year. mccarty isn't worthless, and the team isn't going to fall apart and get beat up without him in detroit. remember folks, its not all black and white, there's shades of grey.

The Red Wings "problems" through five games have absolutely nothing to do with a lack of toughness. Aaron Downey and Darren McCarty can't fix the poor defensive coverage or help eliminate the careless turnovers and sloppy play that have plagued the Wings at times. These issues will fix themselves - Babcock will make sure of it. I am all for Downey or Mac getting playing time if the situation calls, but to make the assumption that the Red Wings are "struggling" because they aren't tough enough is nonsense.

:blink: wow ... what's up with Ken? He might as well waive datsyuk hossa zetterberg while his at it :ranting: how can he do this to the heart and soul of this team :ranting:

please tell me you're kidding?

I understand that he is a good leader in the dressing room and all and knows how to keep people's heads high, but to call him the heart and soul of this team is about as accurate as a prediction of Tampa Bay or L.A. winning the cup. I love Mac for all he's done in the past but that's what it is, the past.

Maybe you like his... size? I'm pretty sure that's his best asset right now. :P I'd still have a hard time saying no to Helm over Kopecky if it were an either/or senario... but it's not yet. This year is Kopecky's chance to prove why he should stay and Malts should be quietly encouraged to retire...

Yippidefreakingdo, yet another thread on how the Wings are f'ed if no enforcer is in the lineup.

*sigh*

Slim/none that another team will pick up McCarty. It is just like putting Downey on waivers recently for salary cap/roster room purposes. Waivers are not the end-of-all-end death knells on a player leaving a team. I'm not sure why that is so difficult to understand, especially for guys like McCarty or Downey who have such little chance of being claimed by other teams.

As for the whole enforcer bit, I pray that talk about it in this thread ends in a very quick fashion.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

i think this is overreaction just like with downey going down. the niec thing about mccarty is that no one is going to claim him. they can send him down, and if there's injuries during the season, call him back up. personally, i would rather see downey before mccarty, but rosters are fluid throughout the year. mccarty isn't worthless, and the team isn't going to fall apart and get beat up without him in detroit. remember folks, its not all black and white, there's shades of grey.

I would rather see Downey up before Mac also.

Could this mean Downey's coming up? I hope so, the last thing I want tot see is the Wings keep playing soft. They went through last season and playoffs without playing soft, and now were back to this. But that's all speculation, I dont know the details.

Could this mean Downey's coming up? I hope so, the last thing I want tot see is the Wings keep playing soft. They went through last season and playoffs without playing soft, and now were back to this. But that's all speculation, I dont know the details.

Now that he's healthy, McCarty is on waivers to give the Wings the flexability to bring up a goalie at a moment's notice. Once he passes waivers they can send him down at any point for a specified period to allow them to bring up a goalie.

We went through this with Downey last year, and we'll see it again for both players...

I DO hope they bring Downey up for the Blues game since they've got a history of cheap shot BS.