• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
going_top_shelf

Franzen's Dominance

Rate this topic

I was doing the math the other day and I discovered that if Johan Franzen scores with the same consistency as he did during last year's series against Colorado, he'll score somewhere around 160 goals. Now obviously this a little too much to expect from the guy but I think that now he's found his footing and his confidence, he has the potential to be one of the best players the Wings have seen in a long, long while. Your thoughts?????????

franzen will maintain no where near that pace. you could argue if he'll be come a 30 or 40 goal scorer. he's "on pace" to score almost fifty right now. he got almost thirty last year basically in half a season. i think is' possible that he could get around forty one of these years. but i honestly don't think that he'll become dominant on such a high level. i'll be really, really surprised if he ever scores as many goals as zetterberg in a season. but, just my opinion.

I have him pencilled in around 160-170 goals this year

Dude, there is no way he can maintain that pace throught an 82 game season.

I've got him around 135-145. Johan Franzen, that is...professionally known as The Mule, whom The President of the Untied States refers to as Sir.

Franzen has the tools to be a 40 goal man. Good skater and puckhandler, tricky moves with the puck, great size, good shot. Id say hes a sure 30 goal a season guy and his ceiling is nearing 50. It wouldnt surprise me a bit to see him score more goals than Zetterberg, although his point total will never reach Z's level.

Guest LivingtheDream

This might sound dumb, but in some ways I worry he will be too good and as result we can't keep him and Hank! Darn cap always gets in the way of enjoying the game! :) Nonetheless I hope he gets as many goals as possible. You have to admit he was key in getting us the Cup! Great player. Gotta love the guy.

Speaking about being on pace for this or that, how about Homer for 40! :-)

Guest Four

Homer and Frazen both 40+ this year

PS. Homer is on pace for 82 atm

Edited by Four

This might sound dumb, but in some ways I worry he will be too good and as result we can't keep him and Hank! Darn cap always gets in the way of enjoying the game! :) Nonetheless I hope he gets as many goals as possible. You have to admit he was key in getting us the Cup! Great player. Gotta love the guy.

Speaking about being on pace for this or that, how about Homer for 40! :-)

Franzen isn't going anywhere. Hossa will be the odd man out next year.

I think he will break the 200 goal and 350 pt barriers, at which point Crosby will hang himself and OV will be deported back to russia for suspected involvement...

Edited by Shaman464

franzen will maintain no where near that pace. you could argue if he'll be come a 30 or 40 goal scorer. he's "on pace" to score almost fifty right now. he got almost thirty last year basically in half a season. i think is' possible that he could get around forty one of these years. but i honestly don't think that he'll become dominant on such a high level. i'll be really, really surprised if he ever scores as many goals as zetterberg in a season. but, just my opinion.

He's shown he is a consistent goal-scoring threat, surprisingly one of the most consistent in the league it seems. I think he's definitely become a 50 goal scorer, but we'll see at the end of the year. A lot hinges on a long playoff run, as well.