• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
j.hoop

a few polls to pass the time

Rate this topic

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Homer can score if he doesn't get treated like he did in the playoffs (interference penalties). Also, if he stays injury free.

Dats can afford to give up the G & A for more take aways. We have enough fire power (on paper anyway) to make up his difference.

Our scoring and goaltending will correct itself. Sammy's aim? He isn't a goal scorer and never will be. Chip in a few G here and there and rile up the opposition is his specialty.

Homer can score if he doesn't get treated like he did in the playoffs (interference penalties). Also, if he stays injury free.

Dats can afford to give up the G & A for more take aways. We have enough fire power (on paper anyway) to make up his difference.

Our scoring and goaltending will correct itself. Sammy's aim? He isn't a goal scorer and never will be. Chip in a few G here and there and rile up the opposition is his specialty.

sammys aim was just a joke :) i love him after last play offs

i picked sammy's aim cuz tbh, i am not worried about the other 3. We have the best offense in the league imo from top line on down and we will put the puck in the net more then enough times this year. Datsyuk keeps taking the puck away and we will get and he will get the a's and g's from it.Homer if he stays healthy should net 40 playing on either 1a or 1b line. so yeah Sammy's aim worries me the most, can't have him taking out Dannyboy again

Homer will get 40 if he continues on this pace. Hell, he'll get 82 if he continues with his current pace, lol.

Pav's assists just mean someone *coughHOMERcough* else is getting a bunch more goals.

Sammy's aim has always and will always be our biggest issue. ;) I have no doubt that scoring/goaltending/grit/toughness are things that can/will work themselves out. Sammy's Aim? May never quite get there. Lol.

While Homer once again has two solid set-up linemates I'm not sure 40 goals is in the cards. 30 is alot more than people think and I think he'll finish somewhere around 33-35.

Both assists and takeaways are of the utmost importance for Dats. He has the linemates that can put the puck in the net, so I'm not worried about him lighting the lamp. One thing to keep in mind is that Dats' takeaways more often than not lead to scoring chances and in-turn become assists.

Tightening up on defense is more so the problem right now than any of the other areas listed.

I said scoring was the most immediate problem the team has. I don't really think there is much that could be done. Hank has probably been injured since the pre-season and putting the big line back together wouldn't help much. Plus Hossa and Franzen would be minus one consistently good center.

Just let them keep playing and kicking them when necessary. A lot of the big names are off to slow starts, ours will be fine.

Also, I believe Homer can hit 40 but he started out great last year and his style of play got him injured and limited his output.

I said assists were more important because that means points all around, but I do love the takeaways statistic.

thanks for the good turn out LGW-ers ! it seems that, all joking aside, there really isnt one area of major concern between us. goal tending and grit/toughness are the common concensus (sp?), with a few of us concerned about goal scoring, and a few not concerned at all. datsyuks continued dominance on play making, and not goal scoring is also what we want most. and lastly, most of us are pulling for 40 for homer !!! thanks to all that voted, and an extra special thanks to those that elaborated.

Homer has an even better chance with the addition of Hossa, regardless of who is injured, there is plenty of firepower to support the top line.

Datsyuk is absolutely excellent defensively, and he makes passes like no other, he just gets too unselfish at times.

I agree that currently the defense is the weakness, but c'mon it's always toughness right? Do we even need to vote for that one? :pokey:

Great thread though man, you're +3 for the night!

Cheers!

esteef

Edited by esteef

Homer has an even better chance with the addition of Hossa, regardless of who is injured, there is plenty of firepower to support the top line.

Datsyuk is absolutely excellent defensively, and he makes passes like no other, he just gets too unselfish at times.

I agree that currently the defense is the weakness, but c'mon it's always toughness right? Do we even need to vote for that one? :pokey:

Great thread though man, you're +3 for the night!

Cheers!

esteef

i agree, it took him a little bit to fully realize his potential and role, and it seems he is happiest and best at being the behind the scenes guy

I personally think if Ozzie wants the starting role then he needs to start proving himself. he might be a little nervous, but still..

also i think the whole team is still partying from winning the cup a little, and needs to end that til next june.

^ Osgood is nowhere close to being in danger in losing his starting job. Defense hasn't been good to help him out so far this season.

On the specific poll questions, yes I think Homer can score 40 goals this season, but it'll be a stretch given his recent crappy luck of help, just a matter of staying fully healthy and seeing if he stays with linemates that can help continue to set him up in front of the net.

Datsyuk's most important stat there is assists. Takeaways and defense are key obviously, but I highly doubt there will be much of a dropoff if any in regards to that and Datsyuk, so I'm focusing more on his playmaking/setting others up for goals.

No opinion on the specific answers for the last poll question since I think defense is the biggest problem right now and it wasn't listed.

-Homer can score 40 goals. He looks good so far.

-Datsyuk is best at assists. Can Hossa teach him to score more goals?

-Goaltending, will it be good enough in the playoffs? Yes but Osgood and defensemen like Kronwall need to be at their best.

-Homer can score 40 goals. He looks good so far.

-Datsyuk is best at assists. Can Hossa teach him to score more goals?

-Goaltending, will it be good enough in the playoffs? Yes but Osgood and defensemen like Kronwall need to be at their best.

i think it will be the other way around

I think the most surpising result for me is that 60% of respondents think Holmstrom will score 40 goals. Or is it that people think he "can" but really won't?

Maybe people are overreacting to his 5 goals in 5 games so far, but he's never scored more than 30 in his entire career, I don't seem him getting 40 this year.

Edit: In terms of weakness, I think it is the forecheck right now.

Edited by toby91_ca

Agreed. That would've been my top choice.

Instead I picked Sammy's aim, because I don't think the others are really the big issues right now.

:thumbup: Exactly what I was going to write.

I was looking for something along the lines of "defensive breakdowns" in the last one, and that would've been my pick for sure. Since it wasn't there, I chose Sammy's aim because, well... it's horrible.

Homer runs hot and cold, 40 is possible but I'd say unlikely.

I'm gonna go against the tide and say that goals are what I care most about for Datsyuk. My reasoning is that we know he's going to get the assists and takeaways, and he will absolutely have more assists than goals by probably a 2 - to - 1 margin ... he's a playmaker first. But he also needs to shoot, and if his goal numbers are down it means he's not shooting. Why does this matter? Because if he's not shooting but is always looking for the setup, he's likely not being as aggressive with the puck. An aggressive, threat-to-shoot Datsyuk pulls defenders out of place like noone else and really creates opportunities for the other players on the ice.

Defense would have been my choice as well, though I would like to see better offense at even strength.