• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
j.hoop

Ozzie & Conklin

Rate this topic

I say split em and always play them both on a consistent basis. Either one is fine for the playoffs because look at our D! Now when we enter the playoffs which ever one is hotter go with that one! IMO we have two quality backup goalies and with our D there both good choices. I have seen Conklin play before he was here and he's more of a Cujo type goalie and can make a big save here and there and thrives on a lot of shots. Where as Ozzie is a good goalie when a solid D is in front if him thus boosting his confidence on the rare breakdowns our D might have. But too many breakdowns might shatter his confidence and thus you have a shaky and shell shocked Osgood lol.

So when playoffs come if our D is wounded Conks might be the better choice. But if our D was like last Year then Ozzie it is!

I think Conklin would make a fine starter as well...

He's coming up with big save after big save. Last night I saw a couple from him that I thought would definately go in, but nope. He stuffed 'em.

Whether he's destined to stay a reliable back-up or get his call to be a first-string, I don't really care.

I'm just glad we've got him! Two dependable goalies that can come up big. It's all we really need... I hope he gets to play a good amount of games this year. He's earning every one with his play.

Way to go "Conks"! Way to show the city of Detroit you've got skiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzz.

What name was written on the back of his helmet? I think it was conks, or something of the sort.

He's been called Conks most of his career. Thats how his team referred to him in Pittsburgh last year too,