• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jack T Adams

10/22 GDT: Red Wings 4, Blues 3

Rate this topic

No doubt about it that the Wings need more physical presence. Some of the liberties the Blues players were taking on Wings guys wouldn't have happened with a little bit of more enforcement from the player side.

Yeah, because THAT is why it was so close.

Oh for F$%# sake. Here we go again go again go again go again go again

Yeah, because THAT is why it was so close.

If Downey would have replaced Hudler or Kopecky last night, we would have still won, and seen someone kick Jackman's ass. Instead, once again he came off acting brave and no one did anything about it.

Yeah, what the hell was Stuart doing on his way to the box? Letting an official know what he thought of the call? Perhaps an insight into the officials habits during alone time?

I saw this as well, but I'm pretty sure someone in the stands was antagonizing him after the scuffle in front of our net, so as he was entering the penalty box he gave them all a little "re-adjustment" and a smile. :thumbup:

If Downey would have replaced Hudler or Kopecky last night, we would have still won, and seen someone kick Jackman's ass. Instead, once again he came off acting brave and no one did anything about it.

Nope. Downey wouldn't have done anything with the Wings up in the third. Never would've seen the ice.

Really? Not from what I've seen. Hossa and Dats are starting to click. I originally thought that splitting Z and Pavs was a bad idea but now I see that Pav and Hossa are clicking.

As far as Z being rusty. Well, obviously that isn't the case.

Glad to see that you were wrong on both counts....

He was being superduper sarcastic, and making fun of mindflys posts...

This certainly doesn't warrant starting a new thread, but I have a goalie/stat related question.

When Team A is about to be called for a delayed penalty and Team B's goalie goes off for the extra attacker (while his team maintains possession of the puck) does his reduction of TOI affect his GAA at all? I.E. If a goalie allows 1 goal against during a game and his TOI is 59:15, does that make his GAA slightly higher than 1.00? It goes without saying that it affects the goalies TOI, but I was just curious if it affects GAA as well. Anyone know for sure either way?

________________________________________________________________________________

As for the game, the FZS line last night was stellar. They were really firing on all cylinders and I thought Sammy was great all evening. The Hossa-to-Dats-to-Hossa-to-Homer PP goal gave me a tiny orgasm, and when Lids released that one-timer I simply said, "Good God!"

Only a lucky bounce and a couple of poorly timed penalties kept that game from looking like it truly was.

Quick question: on the Blues' goal where Lids got caught deep...

I know that a Wings' powerplay had just expired and a guy jumped out of the box to join the rush, essentially making it a 3 on 1 break...

Did anyone notice if Conks had warned the team of penalty expiration by slapping the ice with his stick? It seems strange that Lids would get caught very deep in the zone in that situation. I remember noticing him between the left circle and the goal line looking for a pass. My immediate thought was, "Wow, Lids sure is deep, he must be anticipating something". Then not even two seconds later it's a break the other way. :blink:

Nope. Downey wouldn't have done anything with the Wings up in the third. Never would've seen the ice.

Most of Jackman's antics came in the 2nd, and you better believe Downey would have gone looking for him. Since Jackman is often stupid enough to go with light heavies, he would probably have obliged Downey and gotten his ass kicked.

Most of Jackman's antics came in the 2nd, and you better believe Downey would have gone looking for him. Since Jackman is often stupid enough to go with light heavies, he would probably have obliged Downey and gotten his ass kicked.

Why....because *you* say so?

This certainly doesn't warrant starting a new thread, but I have a goalie/stat related question.

When Team A is about to be called for a delayed penalty and Team B's goalie goes off for the extra attacker (while his team maintains possession of the puck) does his reduction of TOI affect his GAA at all? I.E. If a goalie allows 1 goal against during a game and his TOI is 59:15, does that make his GAA slightly higher than 1.00? It goes without saying that it affects the goalies TOI, but I was just curious if it affects GAA as well. Anyone know for sure either way?

Correct. It's not goals/games, it's goals/(TOI/60).

Edited by Z and D for the C

I was at the game last night, and it definitely was a nail biter. Why was McCarty warming up with the team before the game and then I didn't see him out there at all during the game? Franzen continues to be one of the most key players we have. On a side note, St Louis fans are so pathetic in my opinion. They were showing on the jumbo screen somebody throwing spaghetti on a Wings jersey. WTF is that even supposed to mean?

Quick question: on the Blues' goal where Lids got caught deep...

I know that a Wings' powerplay had just expired and a guy jumped out of the box to join the rush, essentially making it a 3 on 1 break...

Did anyone notice if Conks had warned the team of penalty expiration by slapping the ice with his stick? It seems strange that Lids would get caught very deep in the zone in that situation. I remember noticing him between the left circle and the goal line looking for a pass. My immediate thought was, "Wow, Lids sure is deep, he must be anticipating something". Then not even two seconds later it's a break the other way. :blink:

Lids wasn't down deep looking for the pass. The puck had been shot from the right side of the ice. It had been deflected to the left side of the ice fairly deep. Lids went down to get and when he passed back to the point it was deflected and the Blue got possession. In my mind it was a poor pass by Lidstrom that led to the goal.

Lids wasn't down deep looking for the pass. The puck had been shot from the right side of the ice. It had been deflected to the left side of the ice fairly deep. Lids went down to get and when he passed back to the point it was deflected and the Blue got possession. In my mind it was a poor pass by Lidstrom that led to the goal.

Thanks for the clarification. It all happened pretty fast, and I wasn't sure if Lids was in deep before or after the puck. Bad play on his part at any rate. I guess he can't be perfect all the time.

drove from kansas city to see the game yesterday and i really hope we get a team sometime soon cause i hate going to st louis to see hockey. it got kinda old when they kept chanting detroit sucks even after the wings won.

Well I'm glad we all know what to do in hindsight.

Well I'm glad we all know what to do in hindsight.

It's not hindsight, it's common sense. Jackman tends to spotpick a lot, and of course he'll try stuff when no one on the other side is dressed who can do something about it.

It's not that hard to figure out, but I guess you have a different idea of what hockey should be than I do.