• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FLWINGSFAN4013

Lidstrom using warrior equipment?

Rate this topic

$$$$$$$$$$

I know he doesnt need it, but money is probably the biggest reason.... and Easton knows that his career will be over soon. The Lidstrom pattern on Easton sticks will be replaced in the next few years, (I hear that Zetterberg will have his own pattern soon!) Lids has also been spotted wearing Bauer skates... he has been in Easton wheels for the last few years at least.

Also like someone else mentioned, Draper has been involved with Warrior, and so has Hossa.

This is the first time ive ever seen a LGW discussion topic on the specifics of equipment...and I love it!

$$$$$$$$$$

I know he doesnt need it, but money is probably the biggest reason.... and Easton knows that his career will be over soon. The Lidstrom pattern on Easton sticks will be replaced in the next few years, (I hear that Zetterberg will have his own pattern soon!) Lids has also been spotted wearing Bauer skates... he has been in Easton wheels for the last few years at least.

Also like someone else mentioned, Draper has been involved with Warrior, and so has Hossa.

This is the first time ive ever seen a LGW discussion topic on the specifics of equipment...and I love it!

I work at Metro Sports, in Clawson, and you will be pleased to know that Zetterberg has taken over the Forsberg pattern (also formerly known as the Modano). We got a few of them in already and sold them rather quickly.

I am disappointed in Lidstrom though. From what i can tell Warrior sticks are crap. But im sure that he is using a stick that hasnt been released to the public yet, so maybe they made some improvements.

Edited by Dano33

$$$$$$$$$$

I wouldn't say first, but it has been a long time. There used to be lots of questions about sticks when Shanny was still on the team, especially when Hull was on the team... lots of questions about blades and Lucky Luc if I remember correctly as well.

But, it does seem like the type of discussion here has changed.

I am curious who (if anyone) uses Nike products anymore, I think I remember Feds did for a while?

I wouldn't say first, but it has been a long time. There used to be lots of questions about sticks when Shanny was still on the team, especially when Hull was on the team... lots of questions about blades and Lucky Luc if I remember correctly as well.

But, it does seem like the type of discussion here has changed.

I am curious who (if anyone) uses Nike products anymore, I think I remember Feds did for a while?

Feds did for the longest time but stopped after the 1998-1999 season. Malts still currently wears NikeBauer gloves, skates, helmet, ect; so do Franzen, Kronwall and Lilja.

Feds did for the longest time but stopped after the 1998-1999 season. Malts still currently wears NikeBauer gloves, skates, helmet, ect; so do Franzen, Kronwall and Lilja.

There was a time period where stuff was labled just Nike, then came NikeBauer, after this season it will just be Bauer again. Tons of guys use Bauer equip.

i think lidstrom only uses the warrior gloves?

Lids has a Warrior Dolomite Spyne (or at least the Spyne paintjob) stick

Warrior gloves

Warrior pants or pant shell

Nike/Bauer one95 skates

Hossa also wears Warrior gloves.

This guy (and a few others like Griffey) have had me brainwashed since I was a kid. Feds made this gear fly off the shelves, even though it wasnt the best quality stuff. You gotta admit, it doesn't get much cooler than THIS

TheWhiteRussian.jpg

I hear that Zetterberg will have his own pattern soon

The Forsberg pattern is switching to the Zetterberg, probably for Easton's holiday stick launch. There will be no change in the actual pattern, just the cosmetic name change from Forsberg to Zetterberg.

Lidstrom switched from Easton to Warrior for this reason; Easton has released a new helmet within the past year (you've probably noticed Cleary, Zetterberg, Hudler, etc. wearing it) , Lidstrom, being one of Easton's premier endorsements, was pressured into switching to the new helmet.

Lidstrom wanted to continue to wear the CCM bucket that he's been wearing for 20 years. Easton kept implying its an "all or nothing deal," meaning you need to wear our skates, pants, gloves and helmet in order to continue getting the sticks you want (that's how these deals with Easton works, players want the sticks with their own pattern on it, Easton tells them, "we'll get you your sticks as long as you wear our other equipment").

So, Lidstrom said, "fine, I'll wear somebody else's stuff."

There was a time period where stuff was labled just Nike, then came NikeBauer, after this season it will just be Bauer again. Tons of guys use Bauer equip.

Anyone remember these? :thumbup:

"Learn how to drive!"

"Learn how to make a kick save!"

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Draper doesn't have any financial stake in Warrior. Warrior is owned by the shoe company New Balance. Draper used to use Innovative sticks... when Warrior (a Lacrosse company) got into the hockey business, they bought Inno, so they inherited Draper as a user. Warrior spends a lot of time and money servicing NHL players, and they turn sticks around quicker than most companies, so Warrior gets a lot of usage in the league. Their retail sticks are a different story.

Nike, the first shoe company to purchase a hockey equipment company, has also become the first one to sell off its hockey division. Bauer is now separate from Nike and all NikeBauer-branded product will be changed to Bauer.

Hespeler has been out of business for several years now. Too bad, they always had excellent gloves.

Lots of shake-ups going on in the equipment business these days... Sherwood had declared bankruptcy but was recently purchased; TPS (which is separate from Louisville Slugger) is currently in bankruptcy protection and is in the process of being bought; Warrior bought glove maker MIA and also Montreal (Teppo Numminen's company); Bauer bought Mission-Itech; skate maker Kor shut its doors (made a great product but did not market it well)... uncertain times in that industry for sure.

Nike was the best hockey gear IMO. Nike Bauer is nice, but it isnt as good. I wish Nike had stayed with hockey. Warrior is pretty bad from what i've seen, but it's Nick's opinion.

BTW, those old Nike helmets were the s***, I bought one from Sportchek like a month ago for 15 bucks, still great.