• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redhot

St Louis reaction to Palin dropping puck this Friday

Rate this topic

Agreed. I'm not voting for McCain/Palin, but I'd be equally disgusted if Obama or Biden were there dropping the puck.

I'd like to keep at least something in my life of all this political b.s. :P

If you're from Michigan and you're voting for another Dem you get what you deserve. LOL Anyhow I doubt Obama or Biden have ever seen a hockey game. If they did they would take some of Detroits players and give them to a less fortunate team to make things more fair. No companies are moving to MI or Ohio. The taxes are too high. :ranting:

Has anyone considered that this just might be good for the NHL? Considering the state of the game, any exposure is good exposure. Whether Palin is your cup of tea or not, she does present the NHL with an opportunity to showcase itself. Palin puts hockey on the nightly news, which is more than the NHL is doing by itself.

There are times when the little silver NHL logo on the neck of the jersey is more important than the big logo on the front of the jersey....

I say it's fine. As the poster above said, its an opportunity for the NHL to showcase itself. Yes I'm voting for McCain/Palin, but it would be right for her to not give a speech out there. Same with Obama. Wouldn't the libs be screaming if Palin bought air time and was going to give a speech?

As long as there's no political speeches, IMO it's fine what they're doing.

There's nothing wrong with Palin dropping the puck.....it's not like she called the NHL up and said let me drop the puck tonight! They are USING her right now to benefit the NHL and she is getting a few seconds of TV time to show she's a good sport....and will even take a chance and go somewhere that stupid people would actually boo her as if she ever did a dam thing to them personally.....I wish I lived in a state where the govenor actually knew what she was doing and CUT taxes and sent cash to my home! But not in MI.....taxes are high and jobs are history.....bring on the dem's....that's just what this state needs.....more dems :angry: barf!

I think Philly's reaction to Palin was second only to that dildo attack during that game in Sweden and *just* ahead of Bill Wirtz' funerary memorial in greatest moments of en-masse hockey booing in recent memory. The fact that they had to throw in canned applause and increased the volume of the music to try and drown it out was just the icing on the cake. The bar's been raised high for St. Louis but I really don't think that they're going to be able to pull it off.

I don't mean to turn this into a political discussion.

LA leads St Louis by 2 goals right now. :rolleyes:

And Philly finally won tonight...coincidentally after Palin dropped the puck in St. Louis. The curse has been transferred... :P

Manny Legace was injured on the carpet that Sarah Palin walked on to drop the puck. He ended up falling in the same place Fleury fell in the finals last season -- right off of the benches. They planted the carpet Palin used there -- it slipped, and he tweaked his knee.

Manny Legace was injured on the carpet that Sarah Palin walked on to drop the puck. He ended up falling in the same place Fleury fell in the finals last season -- right off of the benches. They planted the carpet Palin used there -- it slipped, and he tweaked his knee.

I thought you were joking, untill I checked the news... Poor Legacy. :(

LA scored another goal, 3:0 LA, no 4:0 now.

I think Philly's reaction to Palin was second only to that dildo attack during that game in Sweden and *just* ahead of Bill Wirtz' funerary memorial in greatest moments of en-masse hockey booing in recent memory. The fact that they had to throw in canned applause and increased the volume of the music to try and drown it out was just the icing on the cake. The bar's been raised high for St. Louis but I really don't think that they're going to be able to pull it off.

Its comments like those that really make people, regardless of political opinion, look both childish and foolish.

Guest Crymson
Its comments like those that really make people, regardless of political opinion, look both childish and foolish.

Given your sig, I find it doubtful you'd be saying this were the comment in question directed toward Biden rather than Palin.

tsk tsk, no sense of lulz whatsoever :thumbdown:

Ease up.

Please. Get sanctamonious elsewhere.

Oh, look at my big words. Spell it correctly next time. And because this thread is in the hockey section rather than in political where it beongs, I'll say it here.

Given your sig, I find it doubtful you'd be saying this were the comment in question directed toward Biden rather than Palin.

Read the comment again. Regardless of political opinion.

And if you were to go back and read the thread about the Flyers game, you'd see I said the same about any candidate. Gov. Palin wasn't there as a politician, she was there as a hockey fan/mom dropping the puck. Had Obama or Biden appeared in a non-political function as a sporting event, it would be a great way for that sport to showcase itself and a reminder that politicians are people who like sports like we all do, too. If you have a problem with a candidate, don't show it at a sporting event where they participate in pre-game cerimonies; do it outside the site of their next speech or convention.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

And this is why harold is right.

Politics shouldn't be mixed with sports.

Here, on these boards, you have a group of folks facing tough times, TOUGH times! Perhaps moreso than anywhere else in the nation.

They take solace in the fact that they are united as one force, a cheering, rabid, dedicated fan-base, which can escape the s***e that life is currently throwing at them, by coming together in support of the Detroit Red Wings.

Now....

Throw politics into this perfect oasis of oneness and solidarity.....

And watch the snipes and jabs at each other start to fly.

Fark politics HERE....

GO WINGS, GO!!!

And if you were to go back and read the thread about the Flyers game, you'd see I said the same about any candidate. Gov. Palin wasn't there as a politician, she was there as a hockey fan/mom dropping the puck. Had Obama or Biden appeared in a non-political function as a sporting event, it would be a great way for that sport to showcase itself and a reminder that politicians are people who like sports like we all do, too. If you have a problem with a candidate, don't show it at a sporting event where they participate in pre-game cerimonies; do it outside the site of their next speech or convention.

Of course she was there as a politician. Seriously. Do you think she'd be there if she weren't campaigning right now?

And forget what I said, after seeing what happened to St. Louis, I hope Palin drops the puck at every Wings away game. :D

Gov. Palin wasn't there as a politician, she was there as a hockey fan/mom dropping the puck.

Palin's entire strategy for popular appeal IS the 'hockey mom' approach. Separating the two - particularly during a federal election race - is impossible.

Edited by Cern

Of course she was there as a politician. Seriously. Do you think she'd be there if she weren't campaigning right now?

And forget what I said, after seeing what happened to St. Louis, I hope Palin drops the puck at every Wings away game. :D

What I meant was that she wasn't following dropping the puck with a speech on why to vote McCain, or having a rally for supporters outside the arena, ect. Had that been the case, I'd be the first to speak out against it.

What I meant was that she wasn't following dropping the puck with a speech on why to vote McCain

No, but she's doing that implicitly by dropping the puck in the first place. She's telling people "Hey, $150 000 shopping spree aside, I'm just like the average citizen who can appreciate a good sporting event. I'm a candidate that can relate to everyone who is sitting down to watch the game, you should think about that when you go to the polls in less than two weeks."

There's no stretch here as to what Palin is trying to pull off, arguing that it isn't a political stunt because she isn't EXPLICITLY giving a speech is frankly rather naive. Believe it or not, political candidates have campaign devices at their disposal that go beyond standing behind a podium.

Edited by Cern

Guest MrSandMan

I'm ready for politics to be over!

With that said, I cannot understand for the life of me why anyone would vote for McCain with that airhead Palin on the ticket. She's literally the ultimate deal breaker.

If she does happen to get elected [and I don't know how someone with her lack of intellect would], then America's standards just went down the toilet. But I guess it already has since people actually voted for Bush not once, but twice. OMFG!

Who knows, with the renown American standards, in 2012, the pedophile with the GED working at Chucky Cheese gets elected for president. It's the American way.

God help us!

Edited by MrSandMan

i cant understand how anyone can vote for obama.with all his freakoid friends he has not counting his ranting racist paster he had for 20 yrs.not to mention refusing to provide a real birth certificate,he is now being sued for refusing to provide it.even burgerking does background checks yet a american president may not even be a american?sad~go wings

and btw the airhead your referring too was a gov and a mayor not just a wannabe like obama bin lyin who spent 150 days as a senator voting 94 times to raise taxes and another 100+times voting present..

Edited by Char Renee

Too bad California's not seen as a battleground state. I'd love to see her drop the puck in San Jose.