• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsgirl001

World Series

Rate this topic

Is anyone else here watching the World Series?

I don't generally watch baseball at all really but I have a friend who's a huge Phillies fan so he's totally psyched right now, so I've been watching all the playoff games and I'm rooting for the Phillies for him. :)

I'm hoping the game doesn't get rained out tonight. <_< Also gonna have to flip channels between that and the Wings game :lol:

Phillies WON tonight!!

Only one win away from being WS champs!! My friend and I are both freaking out! :lol:

Being from South Jersey I am amped about the Phillies being one win away. There is so much excitement in the city right now its unbelievable. Its hard to believe that the Phillies can potentially end 25 years of frustration tonight.

Tonight was one of those things that makes me lose just a little bit more faith in professional sports. Unbelievable decision.

I understand, but other than a total blizzard or thunderstorm, those are the worse conditions imaginable I think, at least for me. I rarely mind cold weather, but mix it with cold rain, and I am usually miserable. I'd rather it snow. I went to a football game recent where it was consistently around 40 with consistent wind and off/on rain. I wore sweatpants under my jeans, and I was still freezing my tail off.

I understand, but other than a total blizzard or thunderstorm, those are the worse conditions imaginable I think, at least for me. I rarely mind cold weather, but mix it with cold rain, and I am usually miserable. I'd rather it snow. I went to a football game recent where it was consistently around 40 with consistent wind and off/on rain. I wore sweatpants under my jeans, and I was still freezing my tail off.

Sorry, in my fatigue and slight anger I wasn't very clear. I agree that they should have called the game, but to wait until the Rays tied it to do it was nothing short of ridiculous. Call it shortly after it starts to rain and make them start over, but don't wait for one team to tie it in advantageous conditions. Selig basically admitted he didn't care what the rules were, that if the Phillies hadn't lost the lead the game would've continued, so I wish he had just given the Phillies an at-bat in the bottom of the 6th to even things out.

Being from South Jersey I am amped about the Phillies being one win away. There is so much excitement in the city right now its unbelievable. Its hard to believe that the Phillies can potentially end 25 years of frustration tonight.

Yeah, that's where my friend lives too. He's been a fan his whole life and he's really excited!

As for calling the game I agree they should have done it earlier <_< The Rays tying it up and then calling the game without letting the Phillies bat seems stupid to me. <_<

But look at it this way, now the Phillies get one extra At Bat, they have more of an advantage to be able to win the game. :thumbup:

anyone else feel that whomever wins this shorten game will win the world series? If phillies win, they obviously win the title. But if Tampa wins, how does Philly muster enough emotion to win a game down there. All the momentum would be killed, letting the air out of the phillies sails. This shorten game is not only a win in the series, but clear momentum heading down the final stretch.

And here is to hoping that this game gets played tonight.