• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan40

Update: Wings (don't) recall Ville Leino

Rate this topic

On the Griffins website (griffinshockey.com) in the roster section it lists Leino under the Red Wings section. They usually only list the players that are currently called up to the wings in this section. Anybody know anything about this. Does this mean Franzen is hurt pretty bad, or what? Just curious.

Thanks.

i am pumped to see Leino play in Detroit. I was at the Griffins game last night and he got 2 goals. He has the potentil to be a great player in the NHL. Hopefully he makes great use of his time with the Wings.

However Babcock said he would only call someone up to fill in for Franzen if the injury was serious. That scares me.

Thanks.

i am pumped to see Leino play in Detroit. I was at the Griffins game last night and he got 2 goals. He has the potentil to be a great player in the NHL. Hopefully he makes great use of his time with the Wings.

However Babcock said he would only call someone up to fill in for Franzen if the injury was serious. That scares me.

3-4 weeks = LTIR so it may not be that serious.

On the Griffins website (griffinshockey.com) in the roster section it lists Leino under the Red Wings section. They usually only list the players that are currently called up to the wings in this section. Anybody know anything about this. Does this mean Franzen is hurt pretty bad, or what? Just curious.

hes out for a month

4 goals to beat brunnstrom?
I'm not having high hopes for a rocket start. Few smart plays and no big mistakes would make a good debut. Interestingly in GR forums they said, that he was very good at PK :blink: . Wasn't that supposed to be he's number one weakness? So were do you see him placed Second, third -or fourth line?

I'm not having high hopes for a rocket start. Few smart plays and no big mistakes would make a good debut. Interestingly in GR forums they said, that he was very good at PK :blink: . Wasn't that supposed to be he's number one weakness? So were do you see him placed Second, third -or fourth line?

I'd like to see him placed on the second or third line. Based on his preseason play I hope we see him working his ass of and showing the rest of the world why I think he's a fricking kick ass prospect!

If Leino impresses while he is here I imagine it will be very difficult to send him back down. Franzen's salary hit per day is 5,063.00 and Leino's is 4,679.00. So if Franzen is out 10 games/24 days it is basically a wash towards the salary cap.

But when Cheli comes back in a few weeks McCarty will probably have to be sent down and if the Wings decide to keep Leino when Franzen comes back they will have to trade a forward..... so we will see how Sammy, Hudler and Maltby do. Depending on what Babcock does with the lines it may give us an indication what to expect..... i.e. if Leino plays on the second line or third line.

Who plays in front of the net on the second PP unit? Cleary? I wonder how Leino would be at that?

If Leino comes up and does really well, ironically it will cause even more cap problems for the Wings next year.....especially if the cap stays the same or goes down. Leino is a restricted free agent next year and you know he will want more than 875,000.00.

It's a shame that we get to see Leino at the cost of Franzen, but color me excited all the same. Leino was very impressive in the preseason, so I'm anxious to see what he can do with the big club.

On the other hand, hopefully Franzen can get back on track when he recovers. Is it a month we're looking at, or what's the deal? I keep forgetting to flick back to SportsCenter every time they run the little piece on The Mule.

It's a shame that we get to see Leino at the cost of Franzen, but color me excited all the same. Leino was very impressive in the preseason, so I'm anxious to see what he can do with the big club.

On the other hand, hopefully Franzen can get back on track when he recovers. Is it a month we're looking at, or what's the deal? I keep forgetting to flick back to SportsCenter every time they run the little piece on The Mule.

according to MLIVE, Leino has not been called up.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20..._with_spra.html

Can someone please tell Kenny that Samuellson needs to be traded for a bag of pucks, an 32 round draft pick, and some oil fields in texas? Then we can actually call people who arent a waste up.