• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
3chrisosgood0

worried about ozzie?

Rate this topic

how are they a joke? When freaking raycroft has better save % it is BAD.

Sure but Raycroft is 2-2 with an .886 sv% and the team is 5-4-0, you honestly don't see Ozzie as better than Raycroft, honestly!

Well he doesn't so rest assured its not THAT bad :P

Andrew Raycroft 2gp 2W 0L 0OL 3.01 .875

Chris Osgood 7gp 4W 1L 2OL 3.38 .879

Edited by OsGOD

So Raycroft > Osgood, right?

Oh. wait. Look a couple colums over. That's based on 48 shots and 2 games.

Do people even watch hockey games anymore? Or just make dumbass assumptions as they check stats for their fantasy league?

Do people even watch hockey games anymore? Or just make dumbass assumptions as they check stats for their fantasy league?

What's hockey?

27. Ilja Bryzgalov .889

28. Jose Theodore .886

29. Pascal Leclaire .885

30. Chris Osgood .879

31. Evgeni Nabokov .877

32. Dan Ellis .873

33. Martin Biron .868

34. Marty Turco .842

Here we have the current numbers 27-34 on in svt% stat on NHL.com.

These names all look familiar, right ?

Indeed, every single one of them had a awesome 2007-2008 season.

What happened then ?

They became terrible goaltenders overnight ?

Nope... most of the nights they are playing in front of godawful defenses and in spite of all their talent they can't get their own and partially their teams performance back on track.

As soon as each of their team's D get their act together, these goalies will be out of the stat-cellar in a few weeks..

Pretty sad, eh

Guys you can bring up the Red Wings record all you want but if the defense and Ozzie plays like this during the playoffs then I can guarentee you that they won't get through the first round.

A less than .900 save percentage is not going to win.

I don't care who you blame it on Ozzie or the defense but both of them need to shape up or the team will not be repeating this year. During that time you won't be able to say, "Well, the Red Wings started 7-1-2!!!"

Guys you can bring up the Red Wings record all you want but if the defense and Ozzie plays like this during the playoffs then I can guarentee you that they won't get through the first round.

A less than .900 save percentage is not going to win.

I don't care who you blame it on Ozzie or the defense but both of them need to shape up or the team will not be repeating this year. During that time you won't be able to say, "Well, the Red Wings started 7-1-2!!!"

luckily they've got 72 games left to sort that out.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

DEEEEEEFEEEENSE.

Yep.

While the goaltending numbers are subpar-ish, if you've seen a majority of the games it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that the defense has often hung the Wings goalies out to dry so far these first 10 games.

Wow. Ugly game tonight. The Wings seem to be managing to stay out of the box, but the lack of aggressive, physical play is costing them offense.

Anyone STILL want to argue that it's the goaltending which is the problem?

Ozzie was so bad tonight.

You apparently haven't watched hockey long.

Tonight was a perfect example of why the Wings will lose in the first round if they don't get their acts together. They now have 71 games to do it.

Wings have a 5-4 record without the two shootout victories. I don't think that is a record the team should be bragging about (althought I am sure they aren't).

They have scored 41 goals but have allowed 37 (2nd worst in the league). Bust peoples chops for blaming Ozzie all you want but the Wings clearly have some corrections to make.

I was lucky enough to stay up all night last night... and after see that piss poor perfromance i am joinging the Ozzie sucks bandwagon.... Come on Babs put Conklin in!!!! he is our only hope!

I was lucky enough to stay up all night last night... and after see that piss poor perfromance i am joinging the Ozzie sucks bandwagon.... Come on Babs put Conklin in!!!! he is our only hope!

lol - reminds me of a particular Championship season when everyone was calling for the tandem pull after Ozzie had several bad games in a row with soft goals. "Keep Hasek in net, he's the hall-of-famer that will carry us to the cup!"

yeah...

pathetic. Every game is apparently the end of the season... did anyone really expect 82-0 and 0 GAA in 2009? Was there not a period of time just a month and a half before the playoffs when Detroit was sucking? Give it a break everyone... it didn't seem to matter to the team last season that almost everyone was doubting their ability to make it to the end.

/end thread

Is it just me or did Osgood not play last night?

27. Ilja Bryzgalov .889

28. Jose Theodore .886

29. Pascal Leclaire .885

30. Chris Osgood .879

31. Evgeni Nabokov .877

32. Dan Ellis .873

33. Martin Biron .868

34. Marty Turco .842

Soph starter

Fawfull

Soph starter

meh

Workload finally getting him?

Soph starter

meh

meh

but it's early yet. The hockey gods have a way of making things right.

It's starting to seem like scoring is up this year. Looking around at the stats of solid goalies, maybe .890 is the new .900 SV%? Ozzie can play better and so can Conklin, but more importantly our defense can play much much better. Too many shots in close to fault the goalies at this point.

Edited by DatsyukownzU13