• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
creedie

Winter Classic Ticket announcment

Rate this topic

FYI ...

The National Hockey League will soon be releasing information regarding the public sale of tickets for the 2009 Winter Classic. As a full season ticketholder with the Chicago Blackhawks, we are pleased to provide you with information detailing your ability to purchase tickets prior to the public release.

Your priority to purchase is based on season ticket status as well as your seat location. Renewing season ticketholders will have the first opportunity to make a purchase. Our current records indicate that you are a new 300 Level account. All new 300 Level accounts will have access to the on-sale beginning November 12th at noon. Your opportunity to purchase tickets will continue through 5 pm on Thursday, November 13th.

In the case that you would like to take advantage of the great benefit of purchasing tickets for this historic Chicago sporting event, we encourage you to review the following information carefully.

When may I purchase my tickets?

As mentioned above, tickets are being made available based upon your status as a renewing or new season ticketholder for the 2008-2009 season, and your current seat location at the United Center. The NHL has provided enough tickets for all Chicago Blackhawks season ticketholders to purchase tickets, but ticket availability is limited by specific price level. You will only have the opportunity for one transaction. If you do not purchase your total allotment of tickets, you will forfeit any un-purchased tickets once your transaction is complete.

How many tickets may I purchase?

Customers with full season packages for the Chicago Blackhawks will be able to purchase up to the same number of Winter Classic tickets as the number of full season ticket seats they have for United Center games. You will only have the opportunity for one transaction. If you do not purchase your total allotment of tickets, you will forfeit any un-purchased tickets once your transaction is complete.

What tickets will be offered to me?

As opposed to pre-assigned seat locations, the Blackhawks are pleased to have arranged for season ticketholders to select from three different price options. Although seat availability is limited by price level, there are enough tickets for all current season ticketholders to have the option to purchase a seat at one of the price levels. You will be permitted to select your price option. Seat location will then be based upon the best available seats at that price level. Selecting a specific seat location is not possible.

How much will tickets cost and where are the seats located?

Any seat will provide the excitement of being part of Chicago sports history. Blackhawks season ticketholders will have the option to purchase tickets at the $75, $225 and $325 price levels.

post-15014-1225232371.jpg

Edited by creedie

whoa, that seating chart is scary... and confusing. i would think the tickets behind the plate / infield would be the closest and most expensive... instead they are the cheapest and "limited view"??? The most expensive seats are in the upper deck??? how about the seats in deep center, i would hate to pay $400 /each and be that far away.

I'm starting to second guess my willingness to shell out hundreds for this game. might be much better from home.

i'll be in chicago for new years... any red wings bars? haha.

I was told that they are going to set up an infield that will not go on sale to season ticket holders or the general public. I am surprised by the setup as well and now have no idea where to buy my tickets. For those that are interested in going to the game and are unable to get tickets the RoofTops surrounding Wrigely are selling seats - you have the option to watch inside or outside and it includes an all you can drink and eat package... I recently saw one on craigslist.org for $350 a ticket...

whoa, that seating chart is scary... and confusing. i would think the tickets behind the plate / infield would be the closest and most expensive... instead they are the cheapest and "limited view"??? The most expensive seats are in the upper deck??? how about the seats in deep center, i would hate to pay $400 /each and be that far away.

I'm starting to second guess my willingness to shell out hundreds for this game. might be much better from home.

i'll be in chicago for new years... any red wings bars? haha.

In this regard, close wouldn't be good. You would not be able to see much, and I am guessing there will be TV stuff in the way. Up high, you will be over that stuff.

I was told that they are going to set up an infield that will not go on sale to season ticket holders or the general public. I am surprised by the setup as well and now have no idea where to buy my tickets. For those that are interested in going to the game and are unable to get tickets the RoofTops surrounding Wrigely are selling seats - you have the option to watch inside or outside and it includes an all you can drink and eat package... I recently saw one on craigslist.org for $350 a ticket...

whoa, that could be awesome... do u know how well you can see from a rooftop there? (im sure it depends which building, but you know what i mean). i ask because $350 is pretty steep unless you really can see well.

whoa, that could be awesome... do u know how well you can see from a rooftop there? (im sure it depends which building, but you know what i mean). i ask because $350 is pretty steep unless you really can see well.

I have been to a few different rooftops to see the Cubs play and in my opinion the best is the one called the Lakeview Baseball Club here is their website: http://www.lakeviewbaseballclub.com/ you can see pretty well and they also have many tv's throughout the outdoor space as well as indoors. You would have to check with each individual rooftop to see what they are offering for prices. here is a link to the newest rooftop - it is pretty nice http://www.wrigleyfieldrooftopclub.com/?gc...CFSMeDQodMnDFKw both of these places are located on Sheffield which is on the right field side of the park.

I've said this before, but WHY IN GOD'S NAME wouldn't you use a football stadium for an outdoor hockey game? A baseball diamond's layout makes no sense, there's no seat in that arena that isn't going to be at some near-unwatchable angle to the ice.

Edited by Cern

http://www.mickeyredmondtours.com/packaged...p;PackageID=406

GETAWAY TO CHICAGO - CHI31DEC08

Wed December 31 - Fri January 2

Getaway to THE HISTORIC OUTDOOR GAME in Chicago! Pkg includes rt transportation, breakfast morning of departure, 2 nights hotel, game ticket & transfers, souvenir, shipping & taxes

CHICAGO W/UPPERS

ORIGINAL SIX MATCH UP - WINGS @ HAWKS THE HISTORICAL OUTDOOR GAME AT WRIGLEY FIELD!! ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT FOR RED WING FANS $986.00 ea. - 1 Adult

$799.00 ea. - 2 Adults

$770.00 ea. - 3 Adults

$753.00 ea. - 4 Adults

$662.00 - per Child

I'm not being negative about this. I'm still going to do the my best to get there. For everyone that can't understand why its at Wrigley; Wrigley is one of the most famous stadiums around so stop complaining about it and enjoy it.

I have been to a few different rooftops to see the Cubs play and in my opinion the best is the one called the Lakeview Baseball Club here is their website: http://www.lakeviewbaseballclub.com/ you can see pretty well and they also have many tv's throughout the outdoor space as well as indoors. You would have to check with each individual rooftop to see what they are offering for prices. here is a link to the newest rooftop - it is pretty nice http://www.wrigleyfieldrooftopclub.com/?gc...CFSMeDQodMnDFKw both of these places are located on Sheffield which is on the right field side of the park.

I have been looking into the rooftop option. Some I have seen even offering free food and drink. Just wondering if there were others who have watched the games from some of these rooftop locations and what they thought about it. I also heard that they put up wind screens, making it difficult to see anything from these rooftop bars. Any thoughts on this?

For everyone that can't understand why its at Wrigley; Wrigley is one of the most famous stadiums around so stop complaining about it and enjoy it.

Why does it have to be at a famous stadium? Commonwealth Stadium isn't well-known, they still hosted an outdoor game there. The fact still remains that the layouts don't correspond to one another at all.