• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Secret

Who was/is your all time favourite goalie?

Rate this topic

Who was/is you all time favourite goalie?

Some of you may remember my favourite goalie. His career was ended abruptly while his star was quickly rising. My favourite goalie was Pelle Lindburgh from the Philidelphia Flyers in the 80's.

Ozzie. No question. Nobody's even close.

But I always liked Tim Cheveldae growing up too. I remember the News had a picture of him on the ice at the Joe with an old Chevy, '57 or some such year, which I thought was the neatest thing, and was kind of a Cheveldae fan after that.

Dominik Hasek, no question. He has no rivals, only pale imitators.

Aside from Dom, Grant Fuhr ranks pretty high with me. I like most goalies, basically. :cool:

Fuhr and Hasek would be next on my list. Fuhr/Moog in Edmonton was the greatest tandem I had ever seen.

First and foremost: Chris Osgood.

Not only because it's one of the best goaltenders of the past 15 years, but also because of his laidback and down-to-earth approach to life and hockey in general.

For the same reasons I always liked Tommy Salo as well.

Good, although somewhat underrated goaltender (IMO) who struggled to find his form after Salt Lake City 2002.

I always liked Mike Richter, John Vanbiesbrouck and Michael Sthalenkov as well.

Hardworking and nice guys.

I always had a soft spot for Mike Richter. Liked Dan Blackburn, too. Hasek. I liked Cechmanek for a bit as well, when it seemed he would become Hasek Jr.

Ozzie has always been my favorite though.

I would say Lundqvist since im a Frölunda fan and hes the main reason we won the SEL twice after 40 years of waiting. During the lockout season when players like Hossa, Chara, Näslund, Alfredsson and Gerber etc came to sweden Lundqvist

pretty much stole the show. I also believe most people see him as the best goaltender Sweden ever had (Lindbergh being the only one who could even be mentioned as a possible challenger for the title). Its quite depressing seein Lunkan in a team i really hate thou :/

Edited by theswede