• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

The Online Game Streaming Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Four

Well, every game we ask for streams for games and I thought it would be easier to have one thread dedicated to streams that we can rely on for every game.

Below is a list of just a few streams that regularly have Red Wing streams:

Feel free to include links to games playing on the corresponding day!

Edited by Four

Good job Four!!

Here is some instructions that I cut and pasted from an earlier thread last year I believe. Give credit to whoever wrote these as it wasn't me!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off I have nothing to do with these sites I'm just a Wings' fan outside of Detroit and I know the pain of missing a game.. I'm gonna give step by step instructions to hook it up, it's not too hard if you read my steps, it may seem like a long, complicated post but I really just buttered it up to make it fool proof (I hope), if there are any problems let me know in this thread and I'll reply tomorrow

If anyone is interested in watching a livestream for tomorrow's game (and almost all games all year) I can hook you up with a good site I found. Recently my satellite has been getting zapped so I had to find an alternate to watch games.

It's not too complicated but it does take a few minutes of your attention to get it set up.

First, you need to download SopCast, SopCast is basically an online television that people can host their own feeds from their televisions so others can watch. Download SopCast here:
http://www.sopcast.org/download/

Then you need to download another program called VLC Media Player, it's a small program that you need to run while SopCast is open and the game shows up on that rather than SopCast (I think it's just smoother and better overall), download that here: http://www.videolan.org

OK so after you get both those downloaded, goto this site:
http://forum.myp2p.eu/viewforum.php?id=1338

In their public forums look for the thread about the current day livestreams, example: "Sticky: NHL Today Dec 6 STREAMING by pkcable [ 1 2 3 … 12 ]" (they are stickied at the top)

Go in there... then say it says "7:30 pm Carolina @ Tampa Bay TBGames " for example.... the "TBGames" thing is a link, so hover your mouse over it and right click, goto Properties, copy the address (sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/33510)

That address you just copied is your access to the game... open up the SopCast program, log in as anonymous (it has a default name/password, just click log in)... then at the top where you can enter text, paste the address (sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/33510), then click the red arrow to the right of the text box. A small window will open up the left of SopCast that will buffer (load) the game. The game itself in that window is usually slow and not smooth so put that on mute and minimize it.

Then you have to open the VLC Media Player, goto File (top left) and goto Open Network Stream, then select HTTP option, and type in 127.0.0.1:8902 as the URL. (if 8902 doesn't work, try port 8912). You MUST leave Sopcast running because closing Sopcast closes the stream

so quick recap...

1. Get Wings game address off forums
2. Open sopcast, put in address, mute and minimize sopcast
3. Open VLC Media Player and enter that URL in HTTP options
4. A screen will open up in VLC Media Player and you can adjust it, it may be slow at first but it should improve after a couple minutes, some livestreams though are just fuzzy and bad sound quality, but its better than missing the game

A tip to possibly speed up your livestream... obviously try to avoid having major applications running like a video game or music downloader, messengers are no big deal.

Another way to increase the livestream is goto your Task Manager (press CTRL + ALT + DELETE just once) then under "Processes" tab, go SopCast.exe and VLC.exe, right click each of them, Set Priority to HIGH.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Edited by rage

I just wanted to say thank you soo much for the links! With the game on FSN Plus, I wasn't able to get it on my TV and yet I'm still watching it - online streaming is amazing!

Thanks from here too. Nice piece of work folks. :thumbup:

Guest Four

Tonight's Game:

Sharks vs Red Wings

Check back later tonight at about 9:30 - 10:00 EST for streams!

Guest Four
Hi,

is somone going to stream the red wings under the lights on FSN tonite, would should like to see it. I am not in the detroit area to get it

I'll keep looking, but so far I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Just wondering is anybody else having trouble with both the GameCenter Live and Justin.tv sites. The GameCenter Live says the service is temporarily unavailable, while the Justin.tv site isn't connecting.

Guest Crymson
Just wondering is anybody else having trouble with both the GameCenter Live and Justin.tv sites. The GameCenter Live says the service is temporarily unavailable, while the Justin.tv site isn't connecting.

The service will be unavailable until the game begins.

Guest Crymson
Actually I am getting it for all the games, even the ones that have already started.

Are you signed in? I have access to all of them.