• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Shanahan tired of waiting on Rangers

Rate this topic

TSN just reported that Brendan Shanahan has made it known that he will now consider other teams since the Rangers can't or won't clear cap space to sign him.

Damn. I was really hoping he'd sign with the Rangers.

I can't afford another Shanny jersey, dammit.

Would not mind him back here, but do realize there is no room for once. Could see Z Centering him, would be one hell of an up-grade over Sammy.
Dare I say Sammy is more Scrappy than Shanny??

Guest Crymson
He put up 46 points last year with 23 goals. I think that he can still contribute and i hope that he finds a home soon. I think he has a couple years left in him.

He was playing with Gomez or Drury the whole season.

He was playing with Gomez or Drury the whole season.

Not saying I want him, but he would be playing on Zetts line with Franzen right? Not too shabby, especially when you factor in Flipper and Huds rotating in and out of that line if necessary. He could be productive in that type of scenario I think. Just sayin'...

esteef

Guest Crymson
Not saying I want him, but he would be playing on Zetts line with Franzen right? Not too shabby, especially when you factor in Flipper and Huds rotating in and out of that line if necessary. He could be productive in that type of scenario I think. Just sayin'...

esteef

It's doubtful that he'd be playing on that line. He's just not that good anymore.

To all you Shanny bashers... up yours.

I don't think people are bashing him. In his prime, Shanny was right up there with Yzerman and McCarty as God's in Detroit. Their comments and opinions are based on the fact he's 39 and slow, not the Shanahan of 5-10 years ago.

I'm a big a Shanny fan as the next guy, but at this point in his career, he's a horrible fit for the team.

I don't think people are bashing him. In his prime, Shanny was right up there with Yzerman and McCarty as God's in Detroit. Their comments and opinions are based on the fact he's 39 and slow, not the Shanahan of 5-10 years ago.

I'm a big a Shanny fan as the next guy, but at this point in his career, he's a horrible fit for the team.

:siren:

It's absolutely no knock on Shanny. The guy was huge for Detroit for many years, but his time has passed.

I have no hard feelings toward Shanny, he knew exactly when to walk away from this team, he knew that his staying would inhibit the teams ability to move forward towards its next set of championships. His team first attitude it was had him walking away, sure he could have stayed a wing until he was no longer of any use (looking at you Malts) and the team would have given him the same loyalty they have others before him.

He was able to see that Dats and Z were ready to take over and that they never really could as long as he was around.

Or at least that is how it appeared to me, so I have no ill will towards Shanny at all, having said that I do not want him coming back to the Wings.

I know it is the thing on this board to want every former wing back, but a 39 year old Shanny is not what this team needs, a 39 year old Dallas Drake (edit: from the post season) is a different story all together!

Edited by Opie

I have no hard feelings toward Shanny, he knew exactly when to walk away from this team, he knew that his staying would inhibit the teams ability to move forward towards its next set of championships. His team first attitude it was had him walking away, sure he could have stayed a wing until he was no longer of any use (looking at you Malts) and the team would have given him the same loyalty they have others before him.

He was able to see that Dats and Z were ready to take over and that they never really could as long as he was around.

Or at least that is how it appeared to me, so I have no ill will towards Shanny at all, having said that I do not want him coming back to the Wings.

I know it is the thing on this board to want every former wing back, but a 39 year old Shanny is not what this team needs, a 39 year old Dallas Drake (edit: from the post season) is a different story all together!

O come on here!!! What player in their right mind is gonna say to themselves...."I suck and should leave this team...after all they are gonna be cup contenders in the next yrs".....are you serious?? These guys live for this....and playing on a winning team means so much to them. Shanny left cause he thought the grass was greener elsewhere! He had no more "faith" in the Wings ability to get past the 1st round of playoffs.....he helped get Drury & Gomez signed in NY so he could enjoy being on a cup contender team....that's why he has hung around there like a dumped x-girlfriend begging for any spot on that team at a reduced rate of $1million......now don't get me wrong he was a great player for us....my favorite and I was ticked off when he dumped us but he did not leave thinking the Wings were gonna get another cup while he could still play! They offered him the same $4 million contract and he left for NY instead........as far as I can see he shot himself in the foot big time! Could have retired here like Stevie Y and had a few more cups to boot! Dumb move Shanny!

Another thought: what team is gonna want him now?? I mean here you are all summer and fall telling everyone to bug off your not interested in playing anywhere but NY.....what team wants to pay you to come and sit around and have no heart for being there?? Good luck with that.

And if he ever does play us at the Joe....I hope they do give him a standing ovation....he should have never left in the 1st place!

Edited by Lookout14