• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Shanahan tired of waiting on Rangers

Rate this topic

Unless Shanny is asking for double what he is worth, I can't imaging at least a half dozen teams not being interested in him. How many teams out there would turn down a 20+ goal 40+ assist veteran winger who has loads of playoff experience and nose for the net?

If McCarty can wiggle his way back into the NHL, Shanny sure as hell can.

Since when is 23 goals and 23 assists SLOW? You guys are all saying how washed up he is, yet he's done NOTHING to prove it. Last season, he was the SECOND leading scorer for the Rangers. I'd love to see what he can still do. A guy is only washed up when he shows it on the ice.

And you guys do know that Lidstrom is only a year younger right? Will you guys be calling him "washed up" next year too?

Edited by ShanahanMan

I still think that he has at least one more, maybe two more, season left in him. He loves the game, can be a great teacher for some young players, could be a great leader in the locker-room and could help out a lot of teams with his playoff experince. I think that there at least ten teams out there that would/will make a play for him. I could see him in Toronto, as much as i hate to say that.

I hope he does play at least the rest of this season.

O come on here!!! What player in their right mind is gonna say to themselves...."I suck and should leave this team...after all they are gonna be cup contenders in the next yrs".....are you serious?? These guys live for this....and playing on a winning team means so much to them. Shanny left cause he thought the grass was greener elsewhere! He had no more "faith" in the Wings ability to get past the 1st round of playoffs.....he helped get Drury & Gomez signed in NY so he could enjoy being on a cup contender team....that's why he has hung around there like a dumped x-girlfriend begging for any spot on that team at a reduced rate of $1million......now don't get me wrong he was a great player for us....my favorite and I was ticked off when he dumped us but he did not leave thinking the Wings were gonna get another cup while he could still play! They offered him the same $4 million contract and he left for NY instead........as far as I can see he shot himself in the foot big time! Could have retired here like Stevie Y and had a few more cups to boot! Dumb move Shanny!

Another thought: what team is gonna want him now?? I mean here you are all summer and fall telling everyone to bug off your not interested in playing anywhere but NY.....what team wants to pay you to come and sit around and have no heart for being there?? Good luck with that.

And if he ever does play us at the Joe....I hope they do give him a standing ovation....he should have never left in the 1st place!

No, Opie is right. Shanny left knowing this team would move a step forward without him. Stevie retiring just assured it.

And yes, he went to NY who everyone thought would be cup favorites just a while back. But obviously he wanted to go to a contender. Who wouldnt?

Its not that he thought the "grass was greener" he left becuase he didnt want to weigh the team down.

And he did the right thing. Honestly, if shanny were on the team last year. I think everyone would want his head because he would not fit in our system.

Shanahan-to-Pittsburgh gets an all-important "E-4" from The Mighty Eklund.

Nashville has said they contacted Shannys agent, but the agent told them that they were not a team that Shanny was interested in playing with....

I think it is pretty obvious Shanahan wants to stay close to New York, though I bet Toronto is not out of the question.

... he left becuase he didnt want to weigh the team down.

I do not buy that for a second, either. There are rumors he did not get along with Babcock, which is not hard to believe at all; his wife had a lot of NY ties; his executive aspirations -- all lead him to New York. "Weighing down the team" did not factor into his equation at all, I feel safe in assuming. He still took a hefty salary from NY, and was coming off a 40 goal, 81 point season -- I highly doubt his opinion of himself was that low.

I would think they would be more desperate for a center - not another winger.

Scotty's contacted him per the article. I found that pretty interesting, especially considering their history. Maybe he's thinking Shanny iin a Chelios-like role?

Scotty's contacted him per the article. I found that pretty interesting, especially considering their history. Maybe he's thinking Shanny iin a Chelios-like role?

He wants him to open a restaurant?

Seriously, I can see why they'd want a solid veteran there. They have a lot of young talent, and Shanny could well be a good locker room presence. He's not washed up yet.

The article also said the Blues were looking at him. Interesting.

TBH, I just can't see that. Shanny, while old is still a capable every day player who can help lead a young team and pot goals. Cheli is pretty much along for the ride at this point.

TBH, I just can't see that. Shanny, while old is still a capable every day player who can help lead a young team and pot goals. Cheli is pretty much along for the ride at this point.

I heard that Shannys wife wants him to play in the Northeast, close to his home in NY....