• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

starting to get a bit paranoid

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Has anyone else noticed that as soon as the wings get a lead, the other team immediatly gets a marginal call in their favor? I know they're was always make up calls, but this seaason i am seeing more and more calls that seem like the refs are trying to keep it close. It's noticable on the scorebored too, as we've only beat the 2 goal diffirene twice, both being empty netter game.

Anyone else notice this? I for one am convinced that bettman has told the refs to create some "parity" in the leauge, in terms of refs being made to call a game to make it close

Has anyone else noticed that as soon as the wings get a lead, the other team immediatly gets a marginal call in their favor? I know they're was always make up calls, but this seaason i am seeing more and more calls that seem like the refs are trying to keep it close. It's noticable on the scorebored too, as we've only beat the 2 goal diffirene twice, both being empty netter game.

Anyone else notice this? I for one am convinced that bettman has told the refs to create some "parity" in the leauge, in terms of refs being made to call a game to make it close

I wouldnt put it past the pos.

It's pretty much been this way for a long time and it works both ways. A great example of this is during the playoffs when an entire game is slanted against the team leading in the series. If you ask me I agree and it is in fact another one of Bettman's great ideas to create artificial parity in the league.

It could just be a perspective issue, but anyone who watched our finals with the Penguins when this tendency ran rampant knows there's more too it than coincidence.

Edit: Granted you have to call the puck over the glass and Needavacation was in fact high sticked, so it hasn't been that terrible for us.

Edited by Vincanni

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Kronwall sticking Niedermayer in the face was a marginal call?

Was posted before this/ calm down

The Wings have been among the LEAST penalized teams for quite a while. I don't understand why they have been called for so many penalties. Yes, I see in "red & white", but I do say "they have to call that on him" when a Wings player does something.

In just the 1st 2 periods tonight, I saw at least 4 - 6 non calls that should have been called. Z's near breakaway shorthanded, Kronner pushed into the boards (Sammy gets roughing) and the check that May put on Drapes is 3 that come to mind.

The number of 5 - 3 penalties they have had to kill after 9 2/3 games is BS! It has got to be at least 10 - 12 so far.

Kronwall sticking Niedermayer in the face was a marginal call?

I think he means the call preceding the ones that put us 5 on 3. Its not so much, IMO, that the calls are getting made against us - they are fairly legit calls - its just that their timing is impeccable. For example, the call on Datsyuk is a type of play that happens several times a game and is let go on both sides, yet they always seem to make an effort to make a call right after we score.

But in my mind, it all has to do with how we slack off after we score a goal. If you're running around in your own zone, the refs are gonna be more inclined to make the call. That plays into things a lot..

I think he means the call preceding the ones that put us 5 on 3. Its not so much, IMO, that the calls are getting made against us - they are fairly legit calls - its just that their timing is impeccable. For example, the call on Datsyuk is a type of play that happens several times a game and is let go on both sides, yet they always seem to make an effort to make a call right after we score.

But in my mind, it all has to do with how we slack off after we score a goal. If you're running around in your own zone, the refs are gonna be more inclined to make the call. That plays into things a lot..

I think that's the heart of it.

A team slacking off a little, combined with that it's easier to call a penalty on a team with a lead than the one that's already losing.

But there's no conspiracy.

I think that's the heart of it.

A team slacking off a little, combined with that it's easier to call a penalty on a team with a lead than the one that's already losing.

But there's no conspiracy.

You're right, there's no conspiracy but, is it a coincidence that the opposing team gets three 5 on 3's in one game? And only two games after another opponent had two 5 on 3's. When do the Wings get one? Are the Quacks playing so clean that the refs can't even things out some. Is this give the poor unfortunate teams in the league a chance against the best team in the league.

Guest Shoreline

Penalties aren't supposed to "even out".

If the Wings are taking dumb penalties, they're taking dumb penalties. Notice how other teams are long on the s*** end of the penalties against stick.

The Wings have been making absolutely stupid plays today, and this so far has been the way they've played the season. Might be remnants of a hangover, or maybe some of them figure they've got a cup so they can take it easy now, which means dumb penalties.

This game was disgusting. The officiating was the worst I've seen all year, and that is saying a LOT. How many 5 on 3's are Bettman's zebras going to award to team thats down. Between the last 3 games, I don't think I've seen a solid 5 minutes of 5 on 5 hockey. Its getting old and it always seems to be a disputed ending when we play the Ducks in Cali especially. Gary Bettman and his refs are ruining this year for me so far. Explain to me how they think a team earning a lead and the opposition gets awarded 5 on 3 after another to run a passing drill until the inevitably score. Its disgusting.

I think the calls on the Wings this game were all legit, but they sure as f*** had plenty of calls the forgot to call against the ducks. I really hope Pronger gets his carrier ended by an elbow; harsh but he does deserve it.

You know what most bulls*** penalties consist of? Hooks. You know how many hooks were called in this game? One. I hate to disagree with what seems like the majority of the board here but this game was called pretty legit to me. Sure there were missed calls here and there but what game doesn't? As someone else put it, the Wings defeated the Wings.

You know what most bulls*** penalties consist of? Hooks. You know how many hooks were called in this game? One. I hate to disagree with what seems like the majority of the board here but this game was called pretty legit to me. Sure there were missed calls here and there but what game doesn't? As someone else put it, the Wings defeated the Wings.

Agreed.

So there's at least two of us. :P