• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingnut in WA

We dont have a 4th line

Rate this topic

This is getting really frustarting and annoying. This game was by far the most physical that we played all year, yet the 4th line is completley invisible. Both Maltby and Mac look like they have cement in their skates, they look like they are lost and no longer have that physical componint to their game anymore because of their lack of speed. There pretty much making our team roll 3 lines because there not only invisible in the offensive zone, they're also a defensive liability. This is SOOO ridiculos and frustrating knowing the level of young talent we have in GR. And for those of you saying Mac got into a fight tonight it was in the first, and didn't impact that game at all. Maltby looks like an old man who lost his car and can't find it. UGHHHHH sorry guys I needed to say that after watching tonight's game.

/end rant.

PS bring Helm and Leino up plz.

<3 Pat

Leino would be worse, as far as what a 4th line is supposed to provide. Helm will be up for the playoffs. Besides, Maltby, Draper and McCarty were good tonight, I saw all of them make good defensive plays, and finish there checks. The whole team isnt playing physical, it'll come. Unless you want a 4th line that scores and can play physical, in which case...

Guest Crymson
This is getting really frustarting and annoying. This game was by far the most physical that we played all year, yet the 4th line is completley invisible. Both Maltby and Mac look like they have cement in their skates, they look like they are lost and no longer have that physical componint to their game anymore because of their lack of speed. There pretty much making our team roll 3 lines because there not only invisible in the offensive zone, they're also a defensive liability. This is SOOO ridiculos and frustrating knowing the level of young talent we have in GR. And for those of you saying Mac got into a fight tonight it was in the first, and didn't impact that game at all. Maltby looks like an old man who lost his car and can't find it. UGHHHHH sorry guys I needed to say that after watching tonight's game.

/end rant.

<3 Pat

Sure. Just get Bettman to grant the Wings a salary cap exception.

What I should have said is send Malts and Mac down, and bring those two up. However were too loyal to do that, its just frustrating thats all.

McCarty signed a one-year contract and is over the age of 35, so he wouldn't come off the cap even if he was sent down.

Like I've said before and was flamed a few times on either here or central, I would rather have a grit line like the Av's 4th then our shutdown 4th line. It is obvious DMac doesn't have it anymore but I really don't think they played bad tonight. I hope we do have Downey in next game of course after Pronger I really wish we had Probert because he wouldn't have gone after a goon he would have f***ed Pronger up himself, thats a true enforcer.

what we need is someone to fu*k sh*t up, and hold the other team accountable for their actions...did anyone see zata trying to keep brad may away from the crowd tonight against the mighty ducks? C'mon already, its time for a bruiser.

McCarty signed a one-year contract and is over the age of 35, so he wouldn't come off the cap even if he was sent down.

Incorrect. It's only players who are signed to a multi-year contract when they are over 35 that cannot be removed from the cap under any circumstances.

/end rant.

<3 Pat

Agreed !!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Not only does Maltby look like a old man but McCarty is worse! He got killed in that fight. If that first punch hits McCarty he is K.O'ed and that first punch missed him by inches. It's time for these two to go.

what we need is someone to fu*k sh*t up, and hold the other team accountable for their actions...did anyone see zata trying to keep brad may away from the crowd tonight against the mighty ducks? C'mon already, its time for a bruiser.

Yeah I seen that. I would rather have Downey up and send McCarty down. McCarty can not fight anymore.

Incorrect. It's only players who are signed to a multi-year contract when they are over 35 that cannot be removed from the cap under any circumstances.

Yup.

I find myself counting down the days until we can see Helm and Abdelkader. I love Maltby, McCarty and even Kopecky but there is no doubt in my mind Helm and Abdelkader would do much better. Put Downey in there with them, and you have a very balanced 4th line that can check, hit, score and fight.

Edited by egroen

i was thinking it was lucky for May that it wasn't Datsyuk going ofter him..i bet May is thinking the same thing :)

Trade Samuelsson for Neil while Samuelsson is putting up points, and balance it out however you have to. At least in my ideal world. A team in need of a bruiser trades for a team that could use some fortification at every position and could use a little scoring depth. Neil makes 1.1 and is unrestricted at seasons end. Sammy makes 1.2 and is unrestricted at seasons end. And naturally, we could always throw in Lebda :)

In the playoffs, Neil - Helm - Cleary would be an awesome energy line.

[/endfantasy]

Something has to give and someone has to go, Mac and Maltby are making it so we can't have a 4th line that you want to ice, and they are bumping Kopecky to the 3rd line. At the very least, Mac has to go and its time to bring up Helm. We really have two 4th liners in Draper and Kopecky and two alternates in Mac and Malts, and they are taking up the last 4 forward slots. Something has to give...

Trade Samuelsson for Neil while Samuelsson is putting up points, and balance it out however you have to. At least in my ideal world. A team in need of a bruiser trades for a team that could use some fortification at every position and could use a little scoring depth. Neil makes 1.1 and is unrestricted at seasons end. Sammy makes 1.2 and is unrestricted at seasons end. And naturally, we could always throw in Lebda :)

[/endfantasy]

you may be on to something here....

All my life I have loved watching Mac and Maltby play, but I love my wings so much I know its time for these two to go. Obviously we will always be forever grateful for what those two have done for us, but the GR boys are just so much more talented now, and Downey is someone we need plugged in the lineup.

Im sure after a few more weeks we will see the changes we want to see. Babs isnt a fool, he sees this too.

Edited by ashenhigh

[/endfantasy]

Wow - can you imagine Neil in Wings jersey?!?!? That would be nice!!! I think that he was on trading block this summer.

Sammy for Neil

Lebda (filler) for Erskine

my god that would be a great pick up, Neil is the man. I would rather keep Sammy to though, call me greedy. Maybe something like Lebda and a 2nd for Neil, but I understand getting rid of Sammy brings up Leino so it is what it is. A line with Neil/Abby/Kopecky/Downey/Helm would be sick, especially nights of Neil/Downey/Abby of course I'm not looking up positions off the top of my head.

[/endfantasy]

I really like this idea. And it's not impossible to imagine it could happen. I like Sammy, and am not a huge fan of Neil, but I think it would be good for the team. I imagine Sammy will be gone at the end of the season do to the obvious cap/re-signing of players scenario and Leino would be a cheaper replacement for, at least his offence.

But Cleary, in Sammy's absence would be needed on the 2nd line.

IMO it could look something more like this:

The Hoss - Datsyuk - Homer

Mule - Zetterberg - Cleary

Hudler - Filpulla - Neil

Kopecky - Helm - Draper

Matlby