• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Skiing - Puck

McCarty vs May fight

Rate this topic

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Looks like a draw to me, nothing landed.

You can also go to hockeyfights.com and watch the video replay. On my HD telecast it looked like all swings missed. McCarty's quick left hooks fell short (short of May's face anyway) and May's fist flew past McCarty's nose and May pushed his arm into McCarty's face. No damage done. Can't expect much from Detroit's FIRST fight. Last team in the NHL to record one. But hey... at least it gets the teamed pumped up and the blood-a-boilin'.

Actually he didnt. That missed.

Yes, it did miss by mear inches. If it would have landed Mac would have been knocked the f _ _ k out! He is washed up, they need to bring Downey up and send him down.

Guest E_S_A_D

I've always been a Mac Fan, but when we play a team that is tough like Anaheim Mac purely just doesn't have the fighting ability anymore to stand with middleweights or any heavyweight. Sad, but so true. It's time to send McCarty down effective immediately and bring up Downey.

Mac's time has past, it was great while he was in his prime and a feel good story last year, but he just doesn't bring much to the tabke anymore. If the Wings are going to dress an enforcer they are going to have to run with Downs.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Actually, if you watched the live broadcast they replayed the fight in slow motion and even Larry Murphy was commenting on how the first right hand from May connected. Watching in slo-mo it wasn't a flush punch but it was enough to make the difference in the fight as clearly, it stunned Mac for a slight instant and the rest of his punches after that were soft and not in range.

It wasn't a great fight by any means but I would've given Mac the loss. And so far on hockeyfights.com 4 out of 5 voters gave Mac the loss. 1 out of 5 called it a draw.

Sorry D-Mac, you time is up. Bring up Downey if there is going to be an enforcer. It looks like at this point their skill set is about the same (except for fighting where Downey is superior) and McCarty wins out because he has a long history with the Wings. The loyalty is admirable, and rare in pro sports, but not to the detrement of your team. McCarty needs to go.

I'd give the decision to May. He ended on top of McCarty with Mac being the first one to fall.

Advantage: May.

Sorry D-Mac, you time is up. Bring up Downey if there is going to be an enforcer. It looks like at this point their skill set is about the same (except for fighting where Downey is superior) and McCarty wins out because he has a long history with the Wings. The loyalty is admirable, and rare in pro sports, but not to the detrement of your team. McCarty needs to go.

I agree. If Mac is having issues beating old man May, then Downey should be in the lineup and not Mac.

McCarty doesn't scare anyone anymore. And that's the whole point of carrying an enforcer in the first place - to make guys fear for their lives if they're going to run the skilled guys.

Edited by Hank

Wait that skirmish was actually a fight... Oh mercy me... how long has it been since we in Detroit got graced with a real fight... is this as good as it gets??? silly fans this wasn't a fight

Ughhhh... Maltby inflicts more damage with his tongue lashings!

Bring back A-Dow! D-Mac is gone

Edited by OsGOD

Guest micah

Two formerly tough light heavies well past their primes face off, neither looks impressive here. McCarty looks even worse than May though. Sad, both of these guys used to be fun to watch. The line of May, Ray, Barnaby used to be a hoot to watch, so was the grind line....once upon a time.

Actually, if you watched the live broadcast they replayed the fight in slow motion and even Larry Murphy was commenting on how the first right hand from May connected. Watching in slo-mo it wasn't a flush punch but it was enough to make the difference in the fight as clearly, it stunned Mac for a slight instant and the rest of his punches after that were soft and not in range.

It wasn't a great fight by any means but I would've given Mac the loss. And so far on hockeyfights.com 4 out of 5 voters gave Mac the loss. 1 out of 5 called it a draw.

and if you were watching the ducks broadcast they said it CLEARLY missed...so what is it? it looked like it missed to me.

I feel dirty agreeing with you :P

Wait that skirmish was actually a fight... Oh mercy me... how long has it been since we in Detroit got graced with a real fight... is this as good as it gets??? silly fans this wasn't a fight

Ughhhh... Maltby inflicts more damage with his tongue lashings!

Bring back A-Dow! D-Mac is gone

:lol::thumbdown:

I can't even begin to understand why some people are saying Mac was "destroyed" in this fight. Did we watch the same bout? The only thing I saw was a very brief fight that was as close to a draw as possible.

You're my boy, D-Mac.

Give Mac a few fights to get back in the swing of things. Win or loss in the fight, he did his job. I think he is less of a defensive liability when he is on the ice than Downey.

Mac isn't what he used to be, but he is still a better hockey player than Downey.

Bring back Downey!

We don't need McCarty's theoretical ability to score goals with his softer hands...we need someone who can actually fight. If McCarty is only going to play 4 minutes a night, then there's no excuse not to play Downey anyway.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
and if you were watching the ducks broadcast they said it CLEARLY missed...so what is it? it looked like it missed to me.

It may have looked like he missed but his fist landed on the right side of Mac's face. If you tivo'd the game you can watch it in all it's slo mo glory.

It wasn't flush but it was enough that Mac closed his eyes as happens when you get hit in the face and it put him off kilter a little. I don't mean it stunned him like a knockout blow or anything, just that it threw his balance off slightly and he lost the good grip he was going for and just ended up trading weak punches at that point where neither did any damage.

I give credit to May. I've always hated him and think he's a ****** but he got in the 1st punch and it happened to be the best one.

I can't even begin to understand why some people are saying Mac was "destroyed" in this fight. Did we watch the same bout? The only thing I saw was a very brief fight that was as close to a draw as possible.

You're my boy, D-Mac.

He was hardly "destroyed".

Ryan Hollweg on the other hand...