• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit Dan

No TV?

Rate this topic

I live in Detroit and wasn't able to get the game on TV last night. We have Comcast. Is this going to happen every time the Pistons and Wings play on the same night?

It was on FSN Plus. The weird thing is, the Pistons game, at least for me ( I have WOW), wasn't even on FSN. Instead, there were College Football highlights and Nascar...JP Sports and Sports South Channel. At least the Wings were on. no sweat about the Pistons.

I live in Detroit and wasn't able to get the game on TV last night. We have Comcast. Is this going to happen every time the Pistons and Wings play on the same night?

the game was on fsn+ last night

It was on FSN Plus. The weird thing is, the Pistons game, at least for me ( I have WOW), wasn't even on FSN. Instead, there were College Football highlights and Nascar...JP Sports and Sports South Channel. At least the Wings were on. no sweat about the Pistons.

Same here!! I was double pissed. I watched to watch the some of the game but it wasn't even on! Then I was even more pissed because if they weren't going to have the Pistons on they might as well have shown the Wings game on FSN HD

Last year, weren't FSN+ games on Channel 16 in Detroit???

Now that you mention it, I did get some games last year on a weird local station. I think it was channel 7 or channel 8. The games weren't listed in the TV Guide listings. The Comcast lineup has changed, so maybe there is an unmarked station somewhere that showed the game last night...

i got fsn+ on my digital.my problem was it looked like crap,i thought a digital channel was suppose to look decent. all games should be in HD .

It all depends on what was done to the signal before you got it. If it was greatly compressed, it could come out crappy.

FSN+ channels by carrier:

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6447224

Comcast's + channel is 901, so you have to have a digital package to get it. It used to be their Comcast Local channel, but they got rid of that.

Well they're effin' liars! We have Comcast digital cable and we had the St. Clair County board meetings on 901 all night! Both my husband and I called Comcast last night AND I called again today to find out exactly what the deal was. Last night I talked to someone in Ann Arbor and he had no problems pulling up the game on 901. The guy today kept telling me that it wasn't listed as a channel in my area (New Baltimore / Chesterfield) so I had him pull up the listing for Ann Arbor and surprise, surprise, it wasn't listed there either. Because it's not a real channel!!! It only shows up when a game is being pushed to it!! The Comcast support is NO HELP. So they've documented it and if it happens again, we call so they can feed us some more BS. Nice. Oh and thanks for the $5 credit. Did I mention I hate Comcast??

Did I mention I hate Comcast??

Amen. I have 4 Comcast digital boxes in my foyer. I tried setting one up last week but it didn't work. I called the support number and was connected to someone in the Philippines who had no idea what to do.

Anyway, thanks to all for the information. Guess I'll have to get those digital boxes hooked up and working sooner rather than later...

FSN+ channels by carrier:

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6447224

Comcast's + channel is 901, so you have to have a digital package to get it. It used to be their Comcast Local channel, but they got rid of that.

Hmmm... I have Charter and according to that link it should have been on Channel 88 here last night. I flipped around, but I don't know if I got that high up the list. Charter shows Channel 88 as being "Charter Channel", which I assume means that it's their call what goes on that channel at any given time. The "local" channel that used to show FSN+ games last year was WXSP... which I mistakenly thought was located in Detroit and carried locally by Charter. In fact it's in Grand Rapids, is part of the Fox-owned "myNetworkTV" network, and does periodically show Fox Sports programming from Detroit, MSU, and UofM.

Edited by Gizmo

what exactly do you mean by that?

Basically if the Wings are on the road dont expect to get an HD signal unless its a national broadcast on VS or NBC or its an away game that is not to far away like Chicago. When the Wings get on the west coast for example the local stations don't like send two feeds (the standard def and HD) across country.

Basically if the Wings are on the road dont expect to get an HD signal unless its a national broadcast on VS or NBC or its an away game that is not to far away like Chicago. When the Wings get on the west coast for example the local stations don't like send two feeds (the standard def and HD) across country.

Actually, the LA Kings game was in HD on FSD. Also, the Hurricanes game earlier this season was also in HD. Fox Sports has upgraded a lot of their equipment so a lot of the further away games may be in HD. The game last night wasn't in HD because the stupid Pistons game was on instead. :(

Actually, the LA Kings game was in HD on FSD. Also, the Hurricanes game earlier this season was also in HD. Fox Sports has upgraded a lot of their equipment so a lot of the further away games may be in HD. The game last night wasn't in HD because the stupid Pistons game was on instead. :(

Since 900/901 are Comcast local origination channels, I am guessing that it is up to the local center to feed through the game. It seems at least one area's center didn't feed it through.

What I meant by it depends on what happens to the feed before you get it is if the feed is poor to to begin with, nothing is going to improve it. Also, Comcast greatly compresses their signal, trying to get more through less space. Compressing a signal can cause some of it to be lost in the transmission. The best signal is one that does not lose anything in the transmission.

Well they're effin' liars! We have Comcast digital cable and we had the St. Clair County board meetings on 901 all night! Both my husband and I called Comcast last night AND I called again today to find out exactly what the deal was. Last night I talked to someone in Ann Arbor and he had no problems pulling up the game on 901. The guy today kept telling me that it wasn't listed as a channel in my area (New Baltimore / Chesterfield) so I had him pull up the listing for Ann Arbor and surprise, surprise, it wasn't listed there either. Because it's not a real channel!!! It only shows up when a game is being pushed to it!! The Comcast support is NO HELP. So they've documented it and if it happens again, we call so they can feed us some more BS. Nice. Oh and thanks for the $5 credit. Did I mention I hate Comcast??

Same problem here in Richmond... F'in October 15th Board Meeting....

FS Detroit is pulling the same stuff the NFL Network is doing. Wanting more money to show the games then what the cable provider payed for in their signed contracts for prices with the channel carrier.

Edited by Jwo