• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut4013

Lebda+Lilja

Rate this topic

i'm not normally one to criticize the creation of a thread...but really? there are about a zillion of these right now. i think most people here feel that some of our younger guys would be better than some of the guys that are playing on our team right now. that being said, i'd have to argue against worse pairing ever. yeah, they're looking pretty brutal right now, esp. lebda.

Lebda yes, Lilja no.

Lilja is the only real BIG body we have on defense, the only d-man willing enough to block shots with his body, and he plays well on the PK with Lidstrom.

Besides his random blunders on D, he's turned into a pretty good 5th or 6th D-man. I really have no complaints about him right now.

Lebda... meh. One minute he makes a decent play, the next he messes up.

Lilja stays, deal Lebda!

I think Lilja is the worst everyday defenseman the Red Wings have had since Dandenault was back there goofing up a few years ago. And being big does not make you valuble... you actually have to be effective. See: Uwe Krupp

I think Lebda is an ok player but he is nothing special, either. I think he's better than Lilja, though.

OH DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!

Do you even WATCH the games?! Lilja has been one of the most consistent d-men on the roster this season. And consistently GOOD. No joke. He's been more consistent than even Lidstrom, who has been terribly INconsistent. NO JOKE.

The fact that you seem to think that Lebda is BETTER than Lilja boggles the mind.

Even through a Dayquil haze, the inanity of these arguments is making me livid.

OH DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!

Do you even WATCH the games?! Lilja has been one of the most consistent d-men on the roster this season. And consistently GOOD. No joke. He's been more consistent than even Lidstrom, who has been terribly INconsistent. NO JOKE.

The fact that you seem to think that Lebda is BETTER than Lilja boggles the mind.

Even through a Dayquil haze, the inanity of these arguments is making me livid.

Yup. Lilja has really been solid this season. Lebda, however, is a disaster everytime he steps on the ice. I just can't find any reason Babcock continues to dress Lebda over Meech.

Yup. Lilja has really been solid this season. Lebda, however, is a disaster everytime he steps on the ice. I just can't find any reason Babcock continues to dress Lebda over Meech.

I agree Lilja has been fine this season. I have never had an issue with Lilja as a 5th or 6th D-man and for years I have assumed that Lebda would continue to improve and use his speed better. This improvement has not happened or has not happened enough. I firmly beleive this team needs the injection of youth and enthusiasm that adding Ericsson,Helm and Leino to the line-up would provide but I havent hit the panic button yet.

Lilja is not amused.

lilja.jpg

Aside from D-Mac, Lilja has to be the most badass looking one on the team... That's not saying much though when you're next to a group of flamboyant metrosexuals.

I agree Lilja has been fine this season. I have never had an issue with Lilja as a 5th or 6th D-man and for years I have assumed that Lebda would continue to improve and use his speed better. This improvement has not happened or has not happened enough. I firmly beleive this team needs the injection of youth and enthusiasm that adding Ericsson,Helm and Leino to the line-up would provide but I havent hit the panic button yet.

Well said and I agree. There is no reason to panic. The Red Wings are 7-2-2 and haven't even come close to playing up to their level collectively on defense.

I am with you on Lilja. I think he contributes just fine for a third pairing defenseman. Good penalty killer, blocks shots, and has been pretty consistent defensively outside of the occasional giveaway. Lebda doesn't provide any of that - in fact, he brings just the opposite of everything I listed. Meech is a better alternative to Lebda right now and Chelios most certainly will be when he comes back. Lebda has been brutal and there is no reason to keep dressing him every game.

Edited by GoWings1905

Lebda yes, Lilja no.

Lilja is the only real BIG body we have on defense, the only d-man willing enough to block shots with his body, and he plays well on the PK with Lidstrom.

Besides his random blunders on D, he's turned into a pretty good 5th or 6th D-man. I really have no complaints about him right now.

Lebda... meh. One minute he makes a decent play, the next he messes up.

Lilja stays, deal Lebda!

Lilja is fine - I don't think we should trade/scratch him

To be honest, I'm getting tired of Lilja bashing. C'mon he is third pairing def so what you are expecting for? Our problem this season is Lidstrom aging... Still I'm sure he'll pick up his game later on and we'll be fine. The only bad thing is that we do not have guys to replace him and especially his influence on the team.

PS Nevetheless, I think that Lebda must go and Ericsson should be called up.

Edited by RusDRW

To be honest, I'm getting tired of Lilja bashing. C'mon he is third pairing def so what you are expecting for? Our problem this season is Lidstrom aging... Still I'm sure he'll pick up his game later on and we'll be fine. The only bad thing is that we do not have guys to replace him and especially his influence on the team.

PS Nevetheless, I think that Lebda must go and Ericsson should be called up.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I've been sick of this Lilja/Sammy bashing since day one. Have some respect for the players and don't bad mouth them. <_< Lilja's been very solid this season. I might go so far as to say he's been the most consistent defenceman. Everytime I see Nick I want to rip that visor off. Ever since he started wearing it he's been playing poorly. Lebda, he just offers speed and is sometime good on the rush. I think Ericsson or Meech would be better in his place though.

Quick turnaround... :P

lilja-is-not-amused.gif

I'm worried about Lids too. He's not himself, not at all. I mean, getting his pocket picked by a rookie? That's just one of many problems he's had this season.

Quick indeed! Saved!!!!

Cheers to Halloween Sauce!!!!

esteef