• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Four

Is Babcock as good as we think he is?

Rate this topic

And I give up on you. Thanks for having the maturity to have a little debate instead of being a troll. No one here has knocked Babcock and it is a mere debate. If you can't take a discussion, then why the hell are you here in the first place?

it was a joke mister hot head so piss off :thumbup:

You can't blame them for panicing at least a little though. Last year we were #1 in goals against, right now I believe we're #25, that's a huge change. And we're not going to be able to win 16 playoffs games 6-5 in OT after trailing 4-2. We HAVE to get better defensively, and I DO THINK WE WILL, but that's the rational, and it's a reasonable one. We have showed signs of improvement though.

You seem to forget what month it is.

We went 1-10 at one point in the season last year. What happened afterwards?

The only issue I have with Babcock is the way he holds players accoutable. That is to say, he holds some players accountable for their play but not others.

Example 1: Jiri Hudler gets demoted not 2 games into the season after things apparently "weren't working out", yet Brett Lebda, as our #6 Dman, has been atrocious. Wheres the accountability there? Meech is every bit as good as Lebda, yet Lebda gets the minutes. I just don't understand the reasoning.

Example 2: A few games ago, Mikael Samuelsson finishes with 3-4 minutes more than Marian freaking Hossa? Thats downright unacceptable. Samuelsson, a streaky scorer at best, has gone cold and hasn't been able to put up much more than penalty time lately. Does he get reprimanded for it? Absolutely not.

Well Lebda is out and Meech is in.

And Hossa was slightly injured that game so he didn't play as much. He had some problem with his leg or knee or something like that

Guest 4051RedWings1393

Babcock needs to switch up the Zetterberg line. Get rid of Cleary and put Flippula in. Bench Cleary. If you disagree, I want you to watch Cleary tonight and watch him only. He'll cherry pick and not help out our D and he never passes. If he does, it's either a bouncing puck or a turn over. I hope we fire our Defense coach too, he's been a curse.

Guest Crymson
Babcock needs to switch up the Zetterberg line. Get rid of Cleary and put Flippula in. Bench Cleary. If you disagree, I want you to watch Cleary tonight and watch him only. He'll cherry pick and not help out our D and he never passes. If he does, it's either a bouncing puck or a turn over. I hope we fire our Defense coach too, he's been a curse.

I've been watching Cleary for the last two seasons, and he's my favorite player on the team.

Wings are 7-2-2 after a long post season. And after a tough road trip out west against the Kings, Ducks, and Sharks. Yes the defence looks a little shaky, but we have nothing to worry about, what are we 11 games in? Give it some time.

I've been watching Cleary for the last two seasons, and he's my favorite player on the team.

I'm very surprised that we have the same favorite player. This guy doesnt know jack about Dan Cleary if he really believes all these things, Cleary only got BETTER playing more minutes and with Zetterberg, and he wasnt playing bad to begin with.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Babcock is good. Some things worry me about him, if he can roll out the right line combos against a coach that knows the Wings well. I think he is a clever coach. I hope he can light some fires under the defence.

I'm very surprised that we have the same favorite player. This guy doesnt know jack about Dan Cleary if he really believes all these things, Cleary only got BETTER playing more minutes and with Zetterberg, and he wasnt playing bad to begin with.

Cleary has had an injured eye this season and has been nonexistent imo, they should just put him on ir and bring up leino until dan can see 100%. At least give leino a chance since hudler apparently wasn't working. I have a good bet that clear has been playing injured possibly not just the eye this season.

Babs seems to have trouble stemming the tide on long funks... we had a particularly bad one last season. He also has his favorites which can do no wrong *ahem* Sammy and Lebda.

Babs seems to have trouble stemming the tide on long funks... we had a particularly bad one last season. He also has his favorites which can do no wrong *ahem* Sammy and Lebda.

Haha.

Guest Crymson
Haha.

Yeah, no s***. Having our top 4 defensemen all out on injury was sort of a contributing factor, and it would have similar effects on any team.

Guest Crymson
One of the best coaches in the league, thrilled to have him coaching my team.

OMG, Mr. Illitch?

The PP is still an issue in SJ but the main think Mclellan has brought is getting this team to be constantly attacking. Wilson made the Sharks the Joe Thornton show which consisted of getting Joe in space to make a play.

Also of mention is the Sharks finally have puck moving defensemen in Blake and Boyle.

Marleau is flying all over the ice and Devin Setogucci is leading the team in points.

An early darkhorse candidate for the Norris is Christian Erhoff he's 2 goals 8 assists with a +8 rating in 12 games and he's looked incredible at times.

The Sharks remind me of the Red Wings bombing the opponent with shots while allowing few and lots of crisp and clean passing sequences.

The PP is still an issue in SJ but the main think Mclellan has brought is getting this team to be constantly attacking. Wilson made the Sharks the Joe Thornton show which consisted of getting Joe in space to make a play.

Also of mention is the Sharks finally have puck moving defensemen in Blake and Boyle.

Marleau is flying all over the ice and Devin Setogucci is leading the team in points.

An early darkhorse candidate for the Norris is Christian Erhoff he's 2 goals 8 assists with a +8 rating in 12 games and he's looked incredible at times.

The Sharks remind me of the Red Wings bombing the opponent with shots while allowing few and lots of crisp and clean passing sequences.

???