• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rage

Sundin to meet with Ducks' GM Burke

Rate this topic

I heard that rumor in a couple of places the past few days but heard it rubbished also.

As for Sundin the best thing for him is to head back to the Leafs and finish his career in toronto.

Cliff Fletcher said he brought up Kovalchuk's name when talking to Don Waddell and Waddell wouldn't even entertain the notion. It's not going to happen. Leafs don't have the disposable youth to get a guy like Kovalchuk. Now is not the time.

Mats Sundin, when he so chooses, is going to be a New York Ranger. Mark my words.

Shanny for 3 million would've been a better deal then Sundin at 5.75 for the Rangers. But I agree with you, they'll be pushing hard for Mats and he'll likely end up there.

Shanny for 3 million would've been a better deal then Sundin at 5.75 for the Rangers. But I agree with you, they'll be pushing hard for Mats and he'll likely end up there.

Yeah?

What are they gonna do with their Cap situation? Ducks, Rags, and Sens keep coming up as potential targets but all have the same problem.....Salary.

This is going to be very interesting.

Vancouver still has the room I must add. Sundin on the Ducks...I must add; is completely gross!

Wasn't Sundin's whole deal that he wanted to be with a team for the entire season for a Cup run, and that's why he wouldn't waive his NTC last year? So, what's up Mats? The season is over 1/8th old now. This guy is such a phony.

Has anyone considered Colorado? They are falling apart up there and need to pull the trigger on something.

Although, I think they should pull the trigger on a goalie. Budaj SUCKS.

Plus. he could (sort of) end his career where he started, as a Nord.

Edited by AtomicPunk

Probably trade Prucha, Rissmiller for nothing. Slats will find a way. They're sitting at slightly under $2 million in cap space right now.
It's like a Day In The Life......It's sad, but there will be somewhere, somehow, the evil Sundin will fit in.

i heard kovalchuk mite be a leaf soon anyone else here this?
It was speculated on todays sport pages, but there was also a firm denial by Cliff Fletcher, saying he have not approached any of Thrashers players. Although he admitted, that he is planing on trading one defenceman to forward.

wait, is this based on a source or just a joke? honestly, in some ways it wouldn't surprise me if burke did trade kunitz and marchant to clear cap space so he could get sundin...but you have got to be kidding me.

I am pretty sure Marchant has a NTC -- that contract is really an albatross.

Edited by egroen

I don't get the logic behind that other than Burke making a show (yet again) to focus media

attention on himself.

I'd sure love to see Burke sell out Ducks young prospects and f* this team's future even more

but it simply (unfortunately) isn't possible that he gets Sundin this way.

in all honesty... it's too early for this kind of trade. if Sundin waits he gets grand prize and

a chance to go for the cup prior to trade deadline. and at this moment it's too early into

the season for most potential GMs to pull a trigger with such "playoff rental" trade

I don't get the logic behind that other than Burke making a show (yet again) to focus media

attention on himself.

I'd sure love to see Burke sell out Ducks young prospects and f* this team's future even more

but it simply (unfortunately) isn't possible that he gets Sundin this way.

in all honesty... it's too early for this kind of trade. if Sundin waits he gets grand prize and

a chance to go for the cup prior to trade deadline. and at this moment it's too early into

the season for most potential GMs to pull a trigger with such "playoff rental" trade

Turns out Sundin was the one that requested the meeting, not Burke.

wait, is this based on a source or just a joke? honestly, in some ways it wouldn't surprise me if burke did trade kunitz and marchant to clear cap space so he could get sundin...but you have got to be kidding me.

:lol: it's only e3 that sundin met with the guy on the grassy knoll.

Go to www.thefourthperiod.com and browse you should find it easily

Turns out Sundin was the one that requested the meeting, not Burke.

in such case I clearly miss any explanation other than Burke being indeed headed to Toronto.

which, if I was a Leafs fan would scare the death out of me as it looks like another Nucks

story in making

I kinda keep my fingers crossed for this not to happen. the Leafs team now looks like it's finally good

and headed into right direction. 2 years cup chase with so-so shot to win and then subsequent

5 years of league bottom misery... there is only one team in this league I'd wish to undergo this.

and they already have Burke...

Edited by akustyk

Sundin probably asked to meet with Burke to find out about the Burke/Toronto rumors because Sundin is unsure about retirement, and if a guy like Burke with a strong reputation is coming in then that might tip the scales and move Sundin back onto the Leafs' roster. It would also allow the Leafs to simply send down one of their defensemen rather than trading one for a forward. Sundin would rather win in Toronto than anything else, and if he thinks there's a chance of that happening, he'll come back.

Sundin probably asked to meet with Burke to find out about the Burke/Toronto rumors because Sundin is unsure about retirement, and if a guy like Burke with a strong reputation is coming in then that might tip the scales and move Sundin back onto the Leafs' roster. It would also allow the Leafs to simply send down one of their defensemen rather than trading one for a forward. Sundin would rather win in Toronto than anything else, and if he thinks there's a chance of that happening, he'll come back.

How old is Sundin? 37 I think. I just don't see how Burke going to Toronto next year tips the scales. I don't. Even if they both went to Toronto next year, I doubt they win the Cup. I''m not attacking you Eva, it just seems that there are a lot of people saying the same thing.

Whatever happened to Mats wanting be part of a team the whole year? He makes no sense to me. Joining a team in Decemeber or Jan. doesn't fit that bill.

And if Burke is settings things up for next year with Toronto, he deserves to be banned from the NHL for at least a couple of years. This IMO is cheating in the worst way.

Edited by rage

Sundin just seems like a huge flake. Detroit had the same offer for him on the table as they did for Hossa - and Sundin did not ****** it up. He would not waive his NTC to help the organization, because he didn't want to win a Cup as a spare part. Yet this year he seems content to sit back and join a team at his leisure. Detroit and Montreal had serious offers to him - Montreal I can understand him hesitating, but Detroit was an excellent chance at the Cup and he would not be "betraying" the Leafs. -- In fact, I was reading Leaf forums at the time and many of them said they would be rooting for Detroit and Sundin to win the Cup. With Vancouver he would be "the man", get a huge paycheck and could be the impetus of a strong playoff run for them. Does he want a Cup? Does he want a fat paycheck? Does he even want to play hockey? I think the answer to all of them is no, and that he just does not care.