• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icesurfer

Winter Classic Ticket Registration

Rate this topic

Going to be impossible (or expensive as hell) to get to this one....

Anyone up for just going to Chicago to hang out for NYE and watching the game at the bar? If we can't get there, we might as well take a caravan of fans and have a GTG or something....

FYI...

NHL Releases Winter Classic Ticket Information

NHL Releases Winter Classic Ticket Information The National Hockey League (NHL) and the Chicago Blackhawks today jointly announced ticket information for NHL Winter ClassicTM 2009. Similar to last year's inaugural NHL Winter Classic in Buffalo, the event's home team season ticketholder base (Chicago Blackhawks) as well as NHL Winter Classic partners will have the right to purchase tickets for the event during the initial on-sale phase.

A general public random drawing will be held to determine who will have an opportunity to purchase the remaining tickets with a limited number of tickets set aside for the community ticket initiative described below. Fan registration for the random drawing will be conducted through the Chicago Blackhawks' official website beginning on or about Noon ET/11 a.m. CT, Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008, through on or about 11:59 a.m. ET/10:59 a.m. CT, Friday, Nov. 28, 2008. Registrations received after the deadline will not be accepted. There is no fee to register. Limit one entry per person. Each registrant selected will have an opportunity to purchase a limited number of tickets.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=390258

Edited by creedie

Going to be impossible (or expensive as hell) to get to this one....

Anyone up for just going to Chicago to hang out for NYE and watching the game at the bar? If we can't get there, we might as well take a caravan of fans and have a GTG or something....

I'm down for that, I'll be in Chicago if I get tickets or not.

Guest CaliWingsNut

The view of the game at wrigley is going to be horrid anyways... Have you guys looked at the seating chart?!?!? The rink starts at about the pitcher's mound, with the nets well behind 1st and 3rd.... It's designed to be watched on TV, I feel sorry for those who spend so much money on these seats. It's historic, I'd love to attend, but it should have done someplace where it's viewable.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

The view of the game at wrigley is going to be horrid anyways... Have you guys looked at the seating chart?!?!? The rink starts at about the pitcher's mound, with the nets well behind 1st and 3rd.... It's designed to be watched on TV, I feel sorry for those who spend so much money on these seats. It's historic, I'd love to attend, but it should have done someplace where it's viewable.

wow that's lame, so us at home on tv will have the best view

Red Wings season ticket holders do get into a special lottery. I just got an email. I am not going to try though.
Why? Do you realize how many LGW'ers alone would kill for those tickets. Hell, I'd give you $10 extra per ticket if you registered and got your name pulled.

Why? Do you realize how many LGW'ers alone would kill for those tickets. Hell, I'd give you $10 extra per ticket if you registered and got your name pulled.

Wasn't impressed already with the way this event has been handled as I have a 10 day hockey trip over from Scotland already booked around the game at Wrigley and had been hoping for an earlier announcement but it gets even better when I read the rules for the ballot and I quote

ELIGIBILITY: The Drawing is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia......"

Didn't even get to first base!!

Add this one to not being able to purchase Stanley Cup finals tickets from the Pens last year as I was an "out of town" fan, ok I'm a Wings fan but could easily have been a Pens fan. I could just about understand the logic in that case but it's beyond me how this is consistent with marketing the NHL outside of North America ....hell yeah fleece the fans when you bring teams over here but let's keep the outside world outta our backyard. What about the near neighbours across the Detroit river....it beggars belief

Boo sucks and I await my reply from Gary...if only I could get someone to call him tomorrow on his call in show on XM radio

Maybe I'll go the Rooftops option and watch where there is food and somewhere warm to take a leak....alternative is to cave in as I did for the SC Finals to someone on a get rich quick mission

I just sent you a PM!! :)

Well as a Canadian your out of luck no way to put a Canadian address in there

Just announced a couple nights ago on TSN during a hockey game, the NHL will be ensuring there will be a separate lottery for Canadian fans to get tickets in. I don't have a link for news or the tickets, though. Not sure how they would run it, given it's in Chicago...